Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Another crime doc that was really good, Evil Genius. It is about the pizza delivery guy that was blown up by a bomb attached to his body after robbing a bank back in 2003 in Erie, Pennsylvania.

Coming July 20th

I see the trainwreck coming and I am the Train. So... Move.

Anyone else check out season 3 of Last Chance U? I had no idea there was a current football coach that could be a bigger asshole and egomaniac than Buddy Stephens. They found him. Nothing special as it is pretty much the same show with replacement coaches, players and teachers and more F bombs than you shake a stick at. The QB was the one I felt bad for. Probably would have been a better coach than the actual coach. Just suffered from, "Dad is living his life through me syndrome" and it led to numerous breakdowns at FSU and on the show. There was also a update on many of the players from season one and two. Of course a majority of the hour was spent on Brittany Wagner (shocker) and Isaiah Wright facing murder charges.

Spoiler: show
    Poor timing for the show as they missed out on a championship right after they leave EMCC.

If you are looking for a horror/drama show for Halloween, check out The Haunting of Hill House. It's less Horror than I expected but 5 episodes in I can see it being scary enough for most. Again this is my least favorite genre for Horror but I kept hearing good things. The story and family dynamics are what sells it. Family living in a Ghost house that runs two timeliness throughout for the main characters. As children and then 30 somethings. Normally child actors tend to grate on my nerves, especially when you consider how much time is devoted to them growing up and it being a 10 hour season. So far their acting has been top notch on all fronts.

Also the second season of Ozark great. I noticed some really bad reviews for it but to me it surpassed season one.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-17-2018 at 06:04 AM.

I'm not a real fan of horror movies. Too spooky lol. Viewed the first Saw movie and that was enough.

Looks like a Black Mirror film releases on Netflix tomorrow (12/28):

Bird Box was really good. Some people were calling this a super scary movie. It’s not. It’s a suspense. What Lies Beneath with Harrison Ford was scarier. It’s a suspense, apocalyptic type of movie. I would have liked more explanations of what really happened. But there were good actors and a solid story. You could probably poke holes in things if you want but my wife and I enjoyed it.

So Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is an interactive movie with multiple endings. My daughter played through it earlier today and I'm about to do so myself.

Let us know what you think of it, SF. I'm excited to play through it soon.

Rudy - I liked Bird Box as well. I've read some complaints on it, but I think most who don't like it have never watched a Netflix movie before. IMO, the ones I have watched all spent most of their money on the actors and not so much on the script. I think some expect them to look like a $300M epic, but these films don't even have a fraction of that budget.

Netflix spending $90M on Will Smith and Bright makes little sense to me. Spending $20M with a good Sandra Bullock film makes a lot more sense. It sent a Netflix record with 45M views in the first 7 days.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/30/...atistics-views

Yeah, if they spend like that on films it's no wonder there were reports Netflix was majorly in the red a while back. They probably need to tone back on spending for stars & directors and work more on getting better scripts. There's no way they are getting a $90M return on Bright.

I saw an article this weekend that said Sony offered to sell the new Holmes & Watson to Netflix after poor audience testing, but they declined. That's saying something considering it has some stars and a lot of the Netflix movies are B-level. Even they didn't want associated with that debacle.

I think Holmes and Watson was getting 5% on RT. And my local movie reviews had 8 of 13 with a 1/10 lol. Should have made a Step Brothers 2!

I did play through Black Mirror: Bandersnatch the other night. It was good but it felt a little hollow and shallow to me. I can't really explain it but it felt like an incomplete story with no real payoff at the end (I did go through multiple endings).

I do like the concept though and I hope that more interactive titles are put out. There is certainly potential with the idea.

I haven't watched Bird Box and I'm not feeling particularly motivated to do so. Maybe I should...

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I did play through Black Mirror: Bandersnatch the other night. It was good but it felt a little hollow and shallow to me. I can't really explain it but it felt like an incomplete story with no real payoff at the end (I did go through multiple endings).

I do like the concept though and I hope that more interactive titles are put out. There is certainly potential with the idea.
    i finally watched Bandersnatch today and had the exact same opinion. I think they had a good idea, but it definitely fell flat in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I haven't watched Bird Box and I'm not feeling particularly motivated to do so. Maybe I should...
    I finally watched Bird Box a few days ago. I'm not sure what all the hype was about. It was meh. Not bad, just meh. The ending was very unsatisfying to me.

Between Two Ferns was hilarious. The best parts were the interviews between Zack and celebrities like Matt McCaughney, Paul Rudd and Keanu. I was dying at times. He's just a douschebag to them. I won't spoil anything other than this one line in an interview with Keanu, "On a scale from 1 to 100, how many words do you know?"

Watched El Camino today.

Spoiler: show
    I liked it, but am seeing a lot of complaints about it. IMO it's best viewed as a prologue or final episode of the Breaking Bad series and not as some sort of new story. I can see where that expectation/hope would make this one seem disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Between Two Ferns was hilarious. The best parts were the interviews between Zack and celebrities like Matt McCaughney, Paul Rudd and Keanu. I was dying at times. He's just a douschebag to them. I won't spoil anything other than this one line in an interview with Keanu, "On a scale from 1 to 100, how many words do you know?"

Haven't watched it but you are the 2nd person to say this. I will need to check it out one of these days.