Thread: NASCAR Heat 2 Announced; Cover Vote Underway

• Facebook
  • Display

NASCAR Heat 2 Announced; Cover Vote Underway

704Games, NASCAR Team Properties' exclusive console simulation-style video game licensee, announced today that NASCAR Heat 2, a new NASCAR racing game, will be available in North America on Sept. 12, 2017 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

NASCAR Heat 2 builds on the core experience of its predecessor, NASCAR Heat Evolution, with advancements from returning developer Monster Games. These improvements include enhanced online multiplayer, a deeper career mode, track updates, additional drivers and other features in line with the 2017 NASCAR-sanctioned national series formats.

"We're excited to continue our relationship with Monster Games for NASCAR Heat 2," said Paul Brooks, CEO of 704Games. "This new game will have a very different look and an enhanced overall experience that reflects the insights of actual NASCAR drivers. Over the coming months, we'll announce additional new features that we believe will really excite our fans."

"NASCAR Heat 2 improves on the strong racing foundation established in NASCAR Heat Evolution," said Richard Garcia, President of Monster Games. "We added a slew of new features designed to take NASCAR games back to their roots, while delivering an authentic racing experience for fans."

704Games is again working with Toyota, an Official NASCAR Partner, for a new cover athlete competition. From now until Friday, May 19, fans can vote at www.NASCARHeat.com/CoverRace for the two Toyota drivers they want to see go head-to-head to be the face of NASCAR Heat 2. The first of these finalists to finish Stage 2 at the Monster Energy All-Star Race™ on May 20 will become the cover athlete for NASCAR Heat 2. This is the second year 704Games and Toyota have partnered to offer additional racing content to elevate the in-game experience.

"The inaugural Monster Energy All-Star Race is going to be one of the most entertaining weekends of the year," Brooks concluded. "Being featured on the cover of a video game is an honor for any athlete. Teaming up with a forward-thinking partner like Toyota for the NASCAR Heat 2 Toyota Cover Race is a thrilling addition to up the stakes of the weekend and increase fan involvement."

Additional information on NASCAR Heat 2 will be available throughout the summer on the game's official website: www.NASCARHeat.com. Fans can also follow NASCAR Heat 2 on Instagram and Facebook for the latest updates.

I'm interested to see what they do with this. I had been itching for a racing game this winter since I hadn't played one since Forza Motorsport 5. I was tempted to get NASCAR Heat Evolution, but ended up opting for F1 2016 since it was on sale for like $10 during one of the PSN sales in February. If I like what I see of this, I may end up grabbing it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It'll be Kyle Busch vs. Martin Truex Jr. for the cover.