Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playgrounds (PS4, XB1, PC, Switch)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just a few thoughts from that video.

Who are the people playing? I claim to be no expert gamer but it just seems off.
    Commentary. Snooze.
    Why do you have to wait for a whistle to blow before inbounding after a made shot? That little delay is annoying for a fast paced game like this.

Meh uninspiring and the free to play 3on3 Freestyle is more sim than this. Unless this game has an easily obtainable I'm probably gonna pass as the article seems to be alluding to an upcoming pay to win model.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Meh uninspiring and the free to play 3on3 Freestyle is more sim than this..
    The game is trying to do the opposite of being a "sim" so...

Spoiler: show
    The big heads were a giveaway.

This shows as free in the PSN store prompting a lot of attention, but it seems like it's just a demo.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This shows as free in the PSN store prompting a lot of attention, but it seems like it's just a demo.
    And it looks like that was a mistake as it is no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    And it looks like that was a mistake as it is no longer available.
    I'll laugh if it turns into the full version Tuesday. Regardless I'm gonna get it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

no no buy for me just earned the in 3on3 freestyle hoping they support the title further with dlc and additional trophies.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6123-nba-playgrounds

I've only played one game, but two quick thoughts on it:

- Fun game, but wish the game speed was just a bit faster.

- I don't know why 2K got their panties in a twist over a new NBA title, it should have been EA upset. Provided they still have the NBA JAM license (maybe they don't?), I don't know how the NBA let Mad Dog Games/Saber Interactive basically make a JAM rip-off inspired game. It's good, but definitely JAM with some changes/tweaks.

Yeah, there are a few things lacking in the game offline. But I like the gameplay.

The dude abides.

Having to level up and earn XP to get packs for players + leveling up players for special moves are both pretty clever/smart ways to get the player coming back & wanting to play more.

So far, the lineup I have had the best luck with is Mitch Richmond and Ben Simmons. Got my first win with them and have used them every game since.

no no buy for me
    Of all the reasons to not buy a game this is far and away the silliest. I am not buying it but not because of a fictional milestone that garners you a fictional trophy based on completing a bunch of hastily created objectives that the developers might have spent two hours on.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Of all the reasons to not buy a game this is far and away the silliest. I am not buying it but not because of a fictional milestone that garners you a fictional trophy based on completing a bunch of hastily created objectives that the developers might have spent two hours on.
    Yeah, I was a whore back in the day. I say back in the day as I bought this game known there was no plat lol

The dude abides.

I have two platinum trophies in my life. I largely don't care about trophies but there is a care factor there. Maybe 20%. I'm not willing to go to extreme ends for them. If it's not enjoyable I don't do it. I think I had a lot for Mordor but never bothered with the Plat. There were some missions that were annoying and I didn't care enough to do them.

For me, if it is a game I completely enjoy I'll go out of my way to try to get them all.

The dude abides.

Yeah, I was a whore back in the day. I say back in the day as I bought this game known there was no plat lol

The odds you have overcome. From playing games designed for young girls, to the man who stands before us today. Purchasing a game that does not have a Platinum Trophy.

For me, if it is a game I completely enjoy I'll go out of my way to try to get them all.
    One thing I love about Nintendo is they just ignore that crap all together. It was an odd feeling to sit and play Zelda for roughly 300 hours and not have anything pop up on the screen but more than welcome.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-11-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Patch #1 details coming on Monday.

Meh uninspiring and the free to play 3on3 Freestyle is more sim than this. Unless this game has an easily obtainable I'm probably gonna pass as the article seems to be alluding to an upcoming pay to win model.
    no no buy for me just earned the in 3on3 freestyle hoping they support the title further with dlc and additional trophies.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6123-nba-playgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

Patch 1.1.0 – PC/Steam

Challenge your friends and other players online… it is here. With the new challenge feature, you’ll be able to directly challenge another player to a game on the playgrounds. All you have to do is to agree on your code, open the online mode, switch to challenges, enter the code and face each other.

We also added a connection manager, which monitors the connection of players during ranked matches and penalizes disconnections from a game which are made to avoid losing a game.

Finally, among other features, 15 new players, for example, Isaiah Thomas and Dennis Rodman, were added to the roster and can now be unlocked via player packs, which you can earn during the tournament or when leveling up your profile.

Thanks again for all your great feedback and support. You rock!

New Features:

- Added: The Challenge Mode feature, which allows you to challenge other players to online matches
    o You can now switch between unranked challenges and ranked games in the online mode
    o To challenge another player, you must switch to the challenge mode in the online menu and define a challenge code. By default, your challenge code is your nickname, but you can change it to your own, personal code. The person you are challenging must enter your code.
    o If you have been challenged, please enter your challenger’s code and press “Accept”.
    o All challenges are unranked and your ranking/ELO will be unaffected by the results of the challenge.
    - Added: Toxicity system/Disconnection Manager, which penalizes players who abandon matches in any other way than surrendering
    - Added: 5 new versions of Shaquille O´Neal in various teams from his career (Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic)
    - Added: 15 new players join the roster
    o The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich
    - Added: A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.
    - Added: Steam Cloud Save support
    - Added: Steam Big Picture keyboard management
    Notable Changes:
    - Adjusted: Shots were adjusted to make the system more accessible and unified throughout all variations
    - Adjusted: The steal action was adjusted further to better fit the intended gameplay
    o It is now possible to perform a steal action when behind an opponent
    - Changed: 3 pointers no longer fill lottery pick bar
    - Increased: The difficulty of 3 pointers was increased
    - Reduced: The number of steals required for the Las Vegas Challenge #2 was reduced to 10 (was 15)
    - Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Paris Challenge #4 was reduced to 6 (was 7)
    - Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the London Challenge #1 was reduced to 6 (was 10)
    - Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Las Vegas Challenge #3 was reduced to 8 (was 12)
    - Reduced: The inbound time was reduced to adjust it to the overall style of the game
    Notable Fixes:
    - Fixed: Issues related to the strength of the force feedback effects were addressed

Good stuff on that update

The dude abides.