Thread: Xbox Scorpio Reveal

• Facebook
  • Display

Xbox Scorpio Reveal

Coming Thursday Morning.

To clear up the speculation: @digitalfoundry will have an exclusive Xbox Scorpio reveal on @eurogamer this Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific.
    I would assume it would be at this link.

http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry
    Last edited by bdoughty; 04-04-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Cool. I've heard some devs say this will kick the Pros butt. Curious to see the final specs, if it can do true 4K at a solid 30 fps or better and what the price will be. I've read speculation that the success of the Scorpio could push the PS5 up closer. I do agree with Pachter that the next generation probably won't happen until 2020. Others think sooner.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-tech-revealed

"Performance is remarkable. We saw a Forza Motorsport demo running on the machine at native 4K and Xbox One equivalent settings, and it hit 60 frames per second with a substantial performance overhead - suggesting Scorpio will hit its native 4K target across a range of content, with power to spare to spend on other visual improvements. And while 4K is the target, Microsoft is paying attention to 1080p users, promising that all modes will be available to them."

Last edited by bdoughty; 04-06-2017 at 08:07 AM.

For those wanting a comparison.

It's not quite the upgrade I was expecting. Can't see this being something that will force Sony to rush into making the PS5. Basically it will be the opposite of the original PS4 and Xbox One systems at launch. Xbox One will be the most powerful and select games will either have higher resolutions or better framerate. The average consumer wont be able to tell the difference. Especially when you consider how many gamers will still be playing on 1080P sets in comparison to 4K.

The memory boosts look like the biggest pros although I don't really understand all of the specs. Rumoured price tag is $499 US although that may be different at release. I'm expecting console price cuts on everything by the fall myself. I don't know if Sony will respond but I'd love to see future PS4 Pros with UHD drives if anything.

Here is a guide for tech dummies: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rpio-explained

Nope. MS isn't forcing Sony into anything. Yes its slightly more powerful than Pro but XBox doesn't have ANY exclusive games. 100% of games available on Scorpio are also available on PC. There is 0 reason to own/buy an Xbox product at this point.

If you want whatever exclusives MS is making just buy a good PC and a PS4 and you are all set.

Xbox One X presales began today with the console release on November 7th. Anyone preordering?

These mid gen consoles are interesting but they are awfully expensive for minor improvements. They are the same cost as a brand new gen. On one hand I think it's an interesting idea but at the same time I wonder if it's better to wait two years and buy a new gen console. Of course that implies a new gen in 2019 and I don't know if that is true.

If you have the money it's an easy decision though. I don't know what kind of numbers the executives want to see to call it a success.

If they had a few exclusives I was into, would consider it but they are getting worse when it comes to first party/exclusive games. State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 have been delayed to 2018. They need to start turning the focus to software, ASAP.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-21-2017 at 08:32 AM.