Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront II

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just to stay on topic with the thread... I just cannot get into this game. I wonder how different the direction would be if it were a non EA game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It's funny Smooth... I've gone the other way. In the past year I find I have gone back to the days of no longer discussing games with people. I'm just not willing to find another forum and start all over. I'll be here too as long as there is a "here." However, I only visit once or twice a week now where as it used to be 20+ times a day. I give thanks and credit to CDJ et al for trying to keep things going but I would totally understand if one day the plug gets pulled.
    Yeah, I mean overall, I've discussed games less and less. I'll pop over on OS maybe once or twice every couple weeks, maybe check out some specific game subs on Reddit (a huge help for finding mods and getting the load order correct for Fallout 4), but nothing like the amount of game discussion that I've partaked in here over the years. I still check in here at least once or twice a day, but sadly not as much as in the heyday, when I was checking in nearly every hour to see what was happening.

And same, my many thanks to CDJ, JB and gschwendt for keeping the light on here still. With declining numbers over the years since the NCAA series died, they easily could have shut this place down at basically any moment over the last couple years. I'll happily remain here as long as there is still a home to visit. I know the day this place closes is inevitable, just a matter of when. And while I may supplement some game discussion or strategies for certain games elsewhere, sadly there is no other site that matches this place. No other site just feels like home here. Here we all know each other both here on the site and elsewhere either in person or via social media like Facebook. I have zero connection like that to anyone else on any other site, so nothing will ever replace TGT for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I still check out this place every day. We have dwindled in numbers but if I'm honest I think some of the snarkiness of some former posters helped contribute to that. Bdoughty is informative but even his final post takes shots at Smooth and has him quoting Smooth 5 times to make a point and try to rub his face in it. It's that kind of stuff I don't like. We aren't always going to agree but especially with a small site we need to respect each other more and just laugh some difference of opinions off.

Even with CLW - yes he's a Sony shill but who cares? Let him praise Sony lol. He posts a lot of stuff and if you disagree just let it go. Everything doesn't have to be a battle with a winner and loser.

Discussing politics doesn't help anything either. I've never seen people more divided in the USA on politics before. It's ramped up to crazy levels. Believe it or not but I have voted for at least 4 different parties in Canada which include our conservative party but our parties aren't crazy different over here. People flip a lot from election to election depending on policies. It's just a complete crazy show in the US right now.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-11-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I still check out this place every day. We have dwindled in numbers but if I'm honest I think some of the snarkiness of some former posters helped contribute to that. Bdoughty is informative but even his final post takes shots at Smooth and has him quoting Smooth 5 times to make a point and try to rub his face in it. It's that kind of stuff I don't like. We aren't always going to agree but especially with a small site we need to respect each other more and just laugh some difference of opinions off.

Even with CLW - yes he's a Sony shill but who cares? Let him praise Sony lol. He posts a lot of stuff and if you disagree just let it go. Everything doesn't have to be a battle with a winner and loser.

Discussing politics doesn't help anything either. I've never seen people more divided in the USA on politics before. It's ramped up to crazy levels. Believe it or not but I have voted for at least 4 different parties in Canada which include our conservative party but our parties aren't crazy different over here. People flip a lot from election to election depending on policies. It's just a complete crazy show in the US right now.
    Yeah, we've always had some very passionate and outspoken people here, as well as high levels of snark and little hesitation to take some pot shots during disagreements. And that is something I too am guilty of. Just as many times as bdoughty or CLW or others would take persobal shots at me, I would just as often respond in kind. I've always immediately regretted it afterwards, but never could stop myself beforehand.

And sadly it has been the tangles and snarkiness between bdoughty, CLW, myself and others that have been mentioned as reasons for some who have left in the past. What I'd give to get some of the old guys like SCClassof93, Mors, psusnoop and psuexv, Skip, Beatn, baseballplyrmvp, etc. I miss seeing those guys around here.

And yeah, unfortunately politics is never going to work around here for a discussion. Everyone is so entrenched in their own sides that it's almost impossible to find a middle ground in this country these days. I definitely think we need more than two parties in this country. Even the two parties now are divided. You have the far liberal left, the middle left that used to be the old far left, the center left, the just plain center, the center right, the middle right that used to be the old conservative far right, and now the ultra far right. The two parties can't even agree with themselves half the time.

And with only two parties, Washington turns into a shit show. If Congress and/or the White House is divided, nothing gets done because both parties try to obstruct the other. And when one party is in control of the White House and both chambers of Congress, it becomes open season for them to do or pass anything they want (that they have the votes to pass) without giving a damn about the other half of the country that didn't vote for their party.

Just like right now, I'm center left in the political spectrum. But I don't for one second believe or think that Trump, Ryan, McConnell or even my own state representatives or senators that are Republicans give a shit about me. All I've seen out of Washington this year is party over anything, everything, anyone and everyone else.

I hope for the day when there is a true three or four party system in this country, where a one party majority is no longer possible and politicians are actually forced to compromise and reach across the party aisle and work together to legislate the country. The system we have now is broken as shit and we have long passed any point of ever hoping to fix things when it comes to a two party system, not with the way Washington and politics in this country is today, which to me is the most toxic politics have ever been in the history of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    May be for a limited time, but I'll take free new characters if I can get them. Still waiting to see where things go in the coming weeks/months in regards to changes to multiplayer.

I am still hoping for a digital deal before Christmas!

I played quite a bit last night after taking some time off...was recording a video for it. Had some fun playing strike, but wish there was a better hit detection system. Like a sound or something. I think there is a visual red in the crosshairs, but compared to COD, it's not easy to tell.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I played quite a bit last night after taking some time off...was recording a video for it. Had some fun playing strike, but wish there was a better hit detection system. Like a sound or something. I think there is a visual red in the crosshairs, but compared to COD, it's not easy to tell.
    Yeah, the hit markers and detection in this game leaving something to be desired. Like you said, a distinctive hit detection sound like in COD would be great, something to let you know for sure you indeed hit them without having to search for a visual confirmation while still trying to kill the guy and avoid being killed yourself.

Electronic Arts Needs the Force to Awaken Again
    Disappointing ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ sales leave videogame publisher in need of boost from new movie

https://www.wsj.com/articles/electro...ain-1513119951

Gamers are DONE with EA right now. The question is are there enough "moms and dads" out there waiting to buy a last minute Christmas present?

I can't fathom that the average Johnny Walmart gives a darn or even knows about the lootbox 'controversy' that surrounded this game pre-release, so why is it doing so poorly? Competing with CODWWII? Poor marketing? Lack of promotion/tie-in with The Last Jedi or other SW films? Perhaps the first Battlefront left them disappointed? Maybe they should have rebranded the title given how much it seems they added/changed so it didn't seem like a 'roster update' sequel.

In one sense, I'm sure EA isn't hurting for money but at the same time I don't think they've had a very good year - for various reasons. I never thought I'd feel the company was struggling at marketing, but there's several titles this year where I have felt that way this year.

CLW - I'm in that group that would like to get this one, but am waiting for a price drop. Not that the game ins't worth it, but I know I can wait long enough and the core game plus Season Pass will be at or below the standard price. I wonder if other Battlefront I fans feel the same way.

I think the loot box controversy really hurt. the educated gamer that knew about it and formed a backlash that also impacted the casual fan. This game released in a very competitive window with tons of other options so gamers chose to stay away. And any mom or parent that went to buy the game on Amazon would see that the reviews are brutal as a result. Gamers hammered review scores over this. It’s getting 2-3 stars and also hurt a bit on Metacritic. With so much online shopping the average consumer leans heavily on reviews. Rotten Tomatoes is having a big impact with their scores too. Over 1/3 if consumers check that site before deciding on seeing a movie. Consumers are more educated than ever.

This movie will help but it’s still way behind the first game. Also, there were no good Black Friday deals. They need a nice sale before Christmas. I’m hoping for a digital sale.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, the hit markers and detection in this game leaving something to be desired. Like you said, a distinctive hit detection sound like in COD would be great, something to let you know for sure you indeed hit them without having to search for a visual confirmation while still trying to kill the guy and avoid being killed yourself.

Yeah I'm already trying to watch my back, front, side, up and down while I'm shooting
    The dude abides.

Put together this video for the Game Changers program and check out who's MVP in the final match
    The dude abides.

Good article on good loot boxes (Overwatch, NBA Live) and bad (Battlefront)

https://www.polygon.com/2017-best-ga...ot-crates-2017
    The dude abides.

Bought the standard for kids for Christmas. Will download on Christmas Eve.

I like the game, but my son on the other hand (which he is 13 and friends) could careless... they like shooters and seem to get board really quick playing this game and go back to Call or Duty WW2. My take the loading screens take FOREVER to get into games or switch modes, and it does seem to get boring pretty quick ( playing HvV)

I pretty much gave up on video games once NCAA went belly up, so Battlefront 2 is my 1st game that I have played daily in a long time.

My son was the same way last time with regards to the 20 v 20 online stuff. However the flight stuff and Heroes vs Villains went over very well. My son has been playing the campaign mode too and enjoying it. But he also has a bunch of other games he still loves. He’s never been a big COD guy but loves Rainbow 6, Fortnite, Overwatch and Destiny.

What the heck happened with the star fighter stuff? I loved that mode in the first game but this game sucks. No turbo boost, evade, weapons different. I just shut off that garbage. Felt like a tutorial. Was I in the right mode? What happened?