Thread: Call of Duty: WWII - November 3, 2017

• Facebook
  • Display

Call of Duty: WWII - November 3, 2017

Leaked images/art seems to be revealing the next Call of Duty game, this one set in WWII.

If there's a campaign and it appears to have alot of action on the Eastern Front, I'll consider this. If not, no.

Now confirmed.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with this game. They took a lot of stuff from Destiny, as you can see in this video.

The dude abides.

I'm enjoying it. I beat the campaign over the weekend, love the campaign. Some of the cutscenes looked so realistic, I felt like I was watching a Hollywood movie with real actors. Some of the parts of thr later missions, man there are some moments that hit you right in the feelings.

And I loved the Battle of the Bulge mission. When you're in the Ardennes Forest and the the artillery starts going off, trees are exploding all around you, my God I felt like I was right in the middle of Band of Brothers, trying to get to my fox hole and stay alive while wooden shrapnel from exploding trees flies all around me.

Easly top 3 for me for favorite COD campaigns.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm enjoying it. I beat the campaign over the weekend, love the campaign. Some of the cutscenes looked so realistic, I felt like I was watching a Hollywood movie with real actors. Some of the parts of thr later missions, man there are some moments that hit you right in the feelings.

And I loved the Battle of the Bulge mission. When you're in the Ardennes Forest and the the artillery starts going off, trees are exploding all around you, my God I felt like I was right in the middle of Band of Brothers, trying to get to my fox hole and stay alive while wooden shrapnel from exploding trees flies all around me.

Easly top 3 for me for favorite COD campaigns.

I'm ONLY interested in the campaign so I'll probably wait for a considerable price drop.

Are there any missions involving the Eastern Front?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm ONLY interested in the campaign so I'll probably wait for a considerable price drop.

Are there any missions involving the Eastern Front?
    Sadly no Eastern Front nor any Pacific missions. The story basically revolves around a single American squad of the 1st Infantry Division. Think along the lines of Band of Brothers, you'll be fighting with this same squad of soldiers throughout the campaign.

Instead of having you storm the Reichstag or Berchtesgaden, the campaign takes you from the D-Day Landings, you take part in Operation Cobra to secure the town of Marigny, which takes place over two missions, two missions involving the approach of and liberation of Paris, then it's onto Aachen, Hürtgen, Hill 493, the Ardennes Forest and then Remagen and the last bridge crossing the Rhine.

I actually sort of liked the way they did the story, with it being sort of in line with how most units and squads probably saw WWII. You take part in some major battles like D-Day, the liberation of Paris, Hill 493 and the Battle of the Bulge, but you don't have massive things like storming the Reichstag or Hitler's personal bunker or something. Like I said, sort of a Band of Brothers feel to it where you're just making your way further and further inland and focusing on getting to the Rhine.

It is a shame there were nothing to do with the Eastern Front or the Pacific. The Eastern Front would have been cool to see in this, with some of the major battles that took place, and I loved the missions in the Pacific back in World at War, so I would have been happy as hell to assault some Japanese held islands again. Maybe they'll stick with World War II for a couple games and we'll get separate campaigns for the Eastern Front and Pacific campaigns in future COD games. One can certainly hope.

Yeah, that is disappointing but it doesn't take it off my radar.

Thanks, Smooth.

Yeah like most FPS, I've not dug into the campaign. One of these days I need to go back and play all the COD and Battlefield campaigns I never touched
    The dude abides.