Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Very sad day.

2017 Schedule released.

Cleveland Browns are so bad the NFL has stripped them and Jacksonville of any Prime time games, outside of games played in a foreign country, at a time when nobody outside of Browns and Jags fans would watch.

For the first time in five years, neither the Cleveland Browns nor the Jacksonville Jaguars will play in prime time. (They both have "national" games in the 9:30 a.m. ET slot from London.) Instead, the league packed its prime-time schedule with its best draws.
    The Browns are scheduled to kick off all but one of their games at 1 p.m. ET or earlier.

Miami ends the season with 2 of the final 3 games against Buffalo. I can't remember playing a division foe hat closely. Seems odd.

I hope Miami drafts Lamp OG in round one if there and spends rest of draft on defence.

Talk about kicking the Browns and Jaguars in the balls when they're down.

Adrian Peterson to the Saints? That's the latest rumor/discussion.

If an elite pass rusher falls to Miami I think that is the pick. If not I hope we take Lamp at G if he's there. Big hole at that spot.

This first round should be very interesting since it's the most unpredictable in a long time. The top 10 is all over the place and you could have a bunch of QBs taken anywhere.

SF needs a QB but let the Bears swap and take Trubinsky. Curious to see if SF takes one later or just wants to trade down, get picks and plug lots of holes. Jags, Jets, Browns all need QBs. Bears did pay a steep price.

Trubinsky sort of reminds me of Tannehill. A bit raw, good athlete, good if not elite tools. I generally root for all young QBs. The NFL is not fun to watch if the QB sucks.

People are killing the Bears for the price to move up but I think the WR picks were reaches more than anything else so far. Not a huge talent gap in the first 20 or so picks though.

I like Miamis pick. I think Watt to Pitt is a perfect spot. Big moves were for QBs. I think Browns had some nice picks but they need a QB so badly.

And Bears beating SF in December cost them three extra picks lol.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-28-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Patrick Mahomes as the #2 QB taken in the draft, 10th overall? Tech QB's have never panned out in the NFL. Especially when most of those yards are against Big 12 defenses, or lack thereof. Andy Reid does wonders grooming QB's, good luck with this one. You also have to put up with a dad who has been arrested at a game and is footballs version of LaVar Ball.

Steelers taking T.J. Watt over Reuben Foster. Tough choice and looks like potential beat pedigree due to that pedigree having off the field problems. Helps the pass rush, which was much needed but can he do more than simply rush the passer? If Foster can clean up his act the 49ers are the biggest winners of the first round.

SF did well. Mahomes has a cannon and the NFL over values that. Oh well.

Foster got kicked out of the combine and had a diluted sample. Not a Steeler.

If Watt can get to the quarterback, he'll be an awesome duo with Dupree in the years to come. I'd really like to see the Steelers grab some more DB help tonight.

I guess only Brick Tamland loves lamp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Of course the Bungles took Mixon. Can never have enough thugs. 😒

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Of course the Bungles took Mixon. Can never have enough thugs. 
    They do have three Notre Dame players on the roster.

https://youtu.be/3Xy6apTUI50

That my friends, is how you troll Eagles fans.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dolphins went defence on their first three picks. That was needed. I'd love to get the Iowa S/CB King but we don't pick again until late in the 5th. We have three late 5s but still need a FS, G/C and a DT to help fill spots. But FS and G are the most important.

That was absolutely brutal. I also laughed at the five Superbowl titles for a different reason. It is almost six but still not six.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Dolphins went defence on their first three picks.