Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    I loved Drew Pearson last night. Suck it Eagles fans!

Happy with Miamis draft. We didn't get a FS but added depth and competition to all our major needs.

28 of 95 juniors went undrafted. These kids are stupid or getting terrible advice. If you aren't picked in the first 3 rounds just stay in school. Going undrafted means your career is likely over before it started.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/...X6C?ocid=ientp

Thoughts Rudy?

Kap and Cutler as other options??? Yikes!

I personally think Tannehill is under rated. He may not be Top 10 but outside the elite guys I find the next ten guys are pretty interchangeable. His loss will hurt and I don't see any replacement taking this team (which still has OL and defensive weaknesses) to the playoffs.

I'm a little bitter over the decision to not have surgery last December. They weren't sure what to do and waited over a month and then decided to have no surgery after two ligaments were slightly torn. They said rest and rehab was the same as surgery and a quicker recovery. All I know is he was hurt just running out of bounds in the first week of camp. There is a video and his knee buckled without contact. Clearly the knee is not stable and needs surgery. His season is over.

I'd rather have Kaep than Cutler. Cutler might know the system but he's old and washed up imo. Kaep is a decent QB that almost won a super bowl although he needs a strong supporting cast. Miamis OL still isn't good enough imo although their skill players are solid. The owner Ross supported the players right to kneel last year but Kaep also wore a Castro shirt and faced a lot of hate from the Cuban community in Miami.

But if I had to choose an option it would be to save money and just roll with the current backup Matt Moore. He will get exposed after a few games but this team isnt a super bowl team. A backup QB means whoever it is they are probably missing the playoffs. So why give someone an extra $5M plus when it really won't help much.

Miami has over $30M in cap allocated to QB now after signing Cutler who apparently had labrum surgery in December. Jay has always had a great arm and been a perennial tease. Can be great some games and then fall apart forcing the ball and not setting his feet when he gets in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Miami has over $30M in cap allocated to QB now after signing Cutler who apparently had labrum surgery in December. Jay has always had a great arm and been a perennial tease. Can be great some games and then fall apart forcing the ball and not setting his feet when he gets in trouble.
    I cannot stand Cutler. Going back to his attitude and shenanigans in Denver. The guy has a cannon that's for sure but I just cannot support him.

Not that it impacts anyone here (other than myself and maybe Rudy), the NFL has sold the worldwide rights (outside of USA and Europe) for NFL Sunday Ticket to an online streaming company. So if I want Sunday Ticket I can no longer go through my cable company AND would need to watch all the games on my computer OR XBOX1.

This might be the final straw for me to cancel my cable all together...

I think it's $20 a month too.

Yup. Apparently the goal is to bring it to PS4 but that's not yet a reality?

https://www.dazn.com/en-CA

Rudy, I subscribed for the year. The first month is free to cancel as they bill you at the end of the month. Has a lot of French/Spanish SOCCER and some good content. I know BEin Sports has now partnered with DAZN so it would be great to get some college football offerings too.

This really happens right now. 🤣🤣🤣