Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2017 NFL Offseason Talk

And it is official, the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas after owners vote 31-1 to approve the move. The Dolphins were the only team to vote against the move.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Would have to think the next two years in Oakland could be a disaster. Will fans show for a franchise they know is bailing, even if they are a division contender? Will they leave the stadium standing?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Would have to think the next two years in Oakland could be a disaster. Will fans show for a franchise they know is bailing, even if they are a division contender? Will they leave the stadium standing?
    As a fan of the team, how do you feel about this move?

Personally, I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

I *should* like the move given I have relatives in LV and this makes it easier to attend games, but I'm not a fan of all these teams moving - and especially not when it's because they couldn't gouge the taxpayers/community for a new stadium.

NFL is so greedy. I'm just waiting for larger ad patches on jerseys.

I'm not very happy about Miami giving Kiko Alonso $7M a year. He's hurt a lot and really isn't that good. I liked signing Timmons from Pit but he's on the wrong side of 30. Gave him $6M a year. That's 13M a year I would have much rather used to sign Hightower given he got $9M from the Pats. Miami has rewarded a lot of their own guys this offseason and I really hope they play better next year and not worse. Andre Branch contract was too much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    NFL is so greedy. I'm just waiting for larger ad patches on jerseys.

I'm not very happy about Miami giving Kiko Alonso $7M a year. He's hurt a lot and really isn't that good. I liked signing Timmons from Pit but he's on the wrong side of 30. Gave him $6M a year. That's 13M a year I would have much rather used to sign Hightower given he got $9M from the Pats. Miami has rewarded a lot of their own guys this offseason and I really hope they play better next year and not worse. Andre Branch contract was too much imo.
    Timmons is a very good player. I'm sorry you see him go. You're right though. Too much money for him. Hopefully he doesn't vomit too much more in Miami.

We were bad against the run last year. Hopefully Timmons has at least one more good year.

We were bad against the run last year. Hopefully Timmons has at least one more good year.
    I'm sure he has a couple good ones in him still.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Absolutely despise it! I just cannot believe Oakland will be put through this again. Seeing SD gone and now Oakland... honestly I don't even know if I want to stay a Raider fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Absolutely despise it! I just cannot believe Oakland will be put through this again. Seeing SD gone and now Oakland... honestly I don't even know if I want to stay a Raider fan.
    I hate it as a Broncos fan, now I can't use the cannon fodder cities of Oakland and San Diego to take shots and make cracks at the Chargers and Raiders.

That and looking at the standings and seeing Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, instead of Denver, Kansas City, Oakland and San Diego. It just doesn't even sound right!

Why did the Steelers give the exclusive franchise tag to Bell? It cost them more money. I would think the basic tag would be fine and if a team signed him to a big contract they could match or get two first rounders. RBs just don't have the shelf life or get that much money anymore.

Why did the Steelers give the exclusive franchise tag to Bell? It cost them more money. I would think the basic tag would be fine and if a team signed him to a big contract they could match or get two first rounders. RBs just don't have the shelf life or get that much money anymore.
    Simple. They don't want to lose him. There are a few teams out there with ridiculous amounts of cap space that could give him a contract that Pittsburgh could not match. As it is, they have the exclusive right to work out a long - term deal with Bell (which I'm sure they will).

So looking forward to this season with Mike Glennon at QB....

The dude abides.

The Dolphins cut third overall pick Dion Jordan. Won't be the last time we see a bust and that year was a bad draft year full of them. But it feels like such a waste. He had so much potential and athletic ability. He lacked awareness but three drug suspensions later his head isn't screwed on right. Plus he got lazy. On his last chance he came back heavy and needing knee surgery somehow. He should be a do everything 3-4 OLB but his drug problems, lack of desire and work ethic doomed him. He still thinks of himself as a DE but he's better if he's lighter imo and running downfield covering TEs. He was not good at rushing the passer in his short career. Had no answer if first move was blocked.

Romo moves to broadcasting and goes immediately to the top team:

Nobody is an expert at announcing in their first year at it. To go from no experience to #1 team is a huge leap. I would have thought a 3rd guy in the booth might have helped the transition. Romo had only played 5 games since 2014 and had broken something in 3 of the last 6 games he played. At 37 he was probably too brittle to play anymore. I think he's one of the all-time underrated QBs in the league. I think most of the hate thrown his way was simply because he was a Cowboy.

Amazon has acquired the rights to Thursday Night Football, taking it away from Twitter.

That's kind of cool. I don't understand how much money they can make when it's already on tv. Cord cutters? But if it's broadcast in 4K I would definitely stream it through my Prime if I can instead of through satellite.

Dan Rooney, who took his father's franchise from the bumbling joke they were from the 30s through the 60s to one of the league's most successful over the last 5 decades, has passed away at 84.

It's a sad day for Steelers fans everywhere.

He was good for all of football. RIP Mr. Rooney.