Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    Going to my first midnight release maybe since the NCAA days at Gamestop lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

So damn good. The music is phenomenal. The shooting is still the best out there. They took out most of the redundant stuff and replaced with something better. Just made it to the second planet (Titan - one of Saturn's Moons).

While it is not a big issue for me, the shaders (skins) you get for your characters no longer works the same way. It is a one time use item (though the two times I got a shader there was multiple of the same ones. Of course now you can add a shader to an individual piece of armor now, which explains getting multiples. Once you decide to use a different shader, the current one is removed. Gone the way of the DLC. Activision finding yet another way to milk the tit that is their customer.

Level 20 and still not finished with the story. So much to do in the game. Have not even done a strike yet.

Yeah this game is amazing, just wish I had more time this week to play!
    The dude abides.

After finishing the story and dong a bunch of extra little stories, it is my opinion that one of the DLC's should consist of only Failsafe and Cayde-6. Failsafe is easily the best new "character." Really started strong when you first meet "Her" but I wanted more and the writing kinda dropped off a little. Keep it at full bat-shit GLaDOS crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    After finishing the story and dong a bunch of extra little stories, it is my opinion that one of the DLC's should consist of only Failsafe and Cayde-6. Failsafe is easily the best new "character." Really started strong when you first meet "Her" but I wanted more and the writing kinda dropped off a little. Keep it at full bat-shit GLaDOS crazy.
    About how many hours to finish the story?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    About how many hours to finish the story?
    10 hours of the main story. Though you can't exactly zip through it without doing a few other things. Certain planets are locked until you reach a certain level. I took my time and did a ton of PVE so it was easily 25 hours before I finished the final mission. Plus there are some missions that are popping after the ending. Not to mention the adventures that are littered throughout each planet once you beat the first story on each planet. These are similar to the missions from Destiny 1 that were not required to beat the game but had some meat to them. Pretty sure I have at least 20+ of those left and a couple of the newer missions that pop after the game require me to level up my gear a bit more. So much to do in this game.

My favorite addition is that public events are now shown on the map and they list when they are available and/or how close they are to ending. Plus you can fast travel across a planet to get to these easily. Helpful since you do not get a sparrow until you complete the game. Unless you get lucky and find one in a chest. I have not touched the sparrow because there are so many hidden items, treasures and places to explore that are off the beaten path you can miss out on a bunch of stuff.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-08-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Did you preorder? If so when you beat the story you get Coldheart. It is Amazing! A Boss killer. They basically stole this laser gun from Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, including the fact that the longer you continuous fire, the more damage can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Did you preorder? If so when you beat the story you get Coldheart. It is Amazing! A Boss killer. They basically stole this laser gun from Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, including the fact that the longer you continuous fire, the more damage can be done.
    I did. Busy week so I'm not too far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I've actually been playing a little of this. I generally don't play FPS because I get easily disoriented and I sick at them. But this game doesn't feel as bad because of the bigger environments. It also has a relaxing feel and isn't frustrating. Even though I suck I can just wander around and shooot random bad guys or join in on public events. My son and nephew joined a story mission and that was fun together. I have never done a strike or raid and am only level 8 working through the story but I like it so far.

Honestly, this game is so much better than MEA for me. I know MEA aimed at Destiny combat but that game and its RPG options, tons of NPCs and everything else was just so overly complex and convoluted. So much time wasted not in a world exploring or fighting. I'm not an RPG guy at heart and this game has you quickly in a map doing fun stuff. No wasted motion.

You are not powerful enough yet but be careful in those public events. There are certain things required to make one a Heroic event, which is pretty much what anyone with a maxed 20 level wants for the better drops. Usually involves doing something or killing something in a certain way to turn the even into Heroic. For future reference click here.

It's been great but once you hit the 270+ power rating it is a slog for the single player gamer. Vendors are limited to 265 legendary engrams. Already have the 15 Exotics trophy. All you can do to level up higher are things that reset each week, most of which are multiplayer (Raid Crucible Nightfall), breaking down exotics into Legendary, etc. There just isn't anything for me to do now, that would not be a repeat of something already done. It was well worth the money but I just do not enjoy playing with randoms.

I have a long way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I have a long way to go!
    You're not alone. I think my light is only 150.
    The dude abides.

I like jumping in to the public events. I think that concept is cool. Playing with friends online (son and nephew) is a concept I haven't used before. It's a relaxing game just going through missions or wandering around.

I like how public events are shown on the map and seem to happen a lot more often than on the first game.

Finally progressed a lot last night, the light is up to 196 and I've begun preparations for the final battle.
    The dude abides.

I'm around 120 or so. Still a lot to do. Just did one story mission on Titan and am halfway into another. Didn't get a chance to play this morning.

Curse of Osiris Reveal

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201498682

I love the female Ghost. Maybe me and Osiris can work out a trade. Oh, that is right no trading in Destiny.

Mercury looks kinda boring but anything is better than IO.

I’m still enjoying the game. I did a few strikes for the first time ever and my teammates got twice as many skills. I will never be good at FPS but I am having fun! Level 278. Takes forever to get to 280. I probably need to do more high level events.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I’m still enjoying the game. I did a few strikes for the first time ever and my teammates got twice as many skills. I will never be good at FPS but I am having fun! Level 278. Takes forever to get to 280. I probably need to do more high level events.
    Are you in a clan or made a clan for you and the kids? That is another great way to get higher powered gear. I went up until this week joining one and the rewards (especially if the clan completes Nightfalls and Raids) is a bunch of weapons/armor and Nightfall/Raid specific shaders even if you have not done them.