Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Join the 2017 TGT Tournament Challenge group & Tourney Discussion!

• Facebook
  • Display

Join the 2017 TGT Tournament Challenge group & Tourney Discussion!

March Madness is upon us and that means it is time for the 2017 TGT Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com. It is free to join the group and the winner of the Tournament Challenge group will receive their choice of either a $20 PSN, XBL, or Nintendo card if they are not a site Donator. If a site Donator wins, they will receive a free game (up to $60 value). (Must be Donator by March 22, 2017.)

Feel free to invite friends and family to join the group. The more, the merrier! Click here for a direct link to the Tournament Challenge group.

In addition to the Men's Tournament Challenge group, there is also TGT groups for the Women's Tournament Challenge. There is no prize for that group, simply pride.

ESPN (Men's) Tournament Challenge - Winner receives choice of $20 PSN or XBL Card

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Compete against other fans as you fill out a bracket and earn points for every correct pick! If you score the most points, you'll have a chance to win the grand prize of a $10,000 Amazon Gift Card and a trip to the 2017 Maui Invitational. Best of all, it's free to play and win. [Printable bracket available here - PDF]

Get in the action now! Group: The Gaming Tailgate

ESPN (Women's) Tournament Challenge

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament. Compete against other fans as you fill out a bracket and earn points for every correct pick! Get a group together and earn plenty of bragging rights amongst your friends by winning it all. Best of all, it's free to play and win.

Get in the action now! Group: The Gaming Tailgate
    Last edited by cdj; 03-12-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    there is also TGT groups for the Women's Tournament Challenge. There is no prize for that group, simply pride.
    Sending copy of this comment to NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Sending copy of this comment to NOW.
    At this point, that bracket is simply picking who loses to UConn.

Filled out the Men's bracket and went with a lot of upsets, including West Virginia choking, like they did in the Big 12 Championship and in Football and in life...

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    At this point, that bracket is simply picking who loses to UConn.
    UConn's second team might be the only one that could keep it close. Though playing in a weak conference could hurt them as they are used to 40 point blowouts.

Went 'Nova, 'Zona, Kansas, Kentucky in the Final Four with VU repeating. Needless to say I'm not too content or happy with my picks, so I'll be revising them tomorrow & Tuesday.

'Nova was a consistent underachiever so I'm worried I am forgetting their past by picking them to win again.

Damn, time for this already. Time to see if I can make it a perfect 3 for 3 sweep after winning the NFL Pick'em and the Bowl Mania contests.

And I have a feeling I'll be changing my picks multiple times. There is just no one I'm likely to be happy with, no truly far and away better teams like in some years past.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After a long time of hiding, I will be participating in this contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Women's bracket is up. I only picked one upset in the first round, wonder how that was.

UConn smashes ND in the finals.

Even if one was interested in watching the women's tournament, there is pretty much zero reason to do so, because UConn is just going to make everyone their bitch like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Even if one was interested in watching the women's tournament, there is pretty much zero reason to do so, because UConn is just going to make everyone their bitch like every year.
    I always keep an eye on it, especially when OU is in it. They are a 6 seed this year, so not expecting much but are in the OKC region.

UConn has had a few close calls, even struggled to beat Tulane on the road. I would prefer to see Notre Dame (of all teams) beat them. Poor Irish have lost 4 of the last 6 title games.

Screw it, I just changed my bracket having Notre Dame beat UConn in the title game, 72-70.

Win one for the Muffet!

My Final Four is

Finals are beating

And is already in trouble with the 16-seed South Dakota State

First two games today go down to the wire, that's what I love about this time of year!
    The dude abides.

West Virginia did not choke, my bracket is officially screwed. The Mount is holding it's own against Nova early.

Not enough upsets on day one for my blood, but hopefully there will be some today.

Yeah, too much chalk so far, though my bracket is happy. Only missed Northwestern, Virginia and St. Mary's.

And even that only hurt very little as I had Vanderbilt, VCU and UNC Wilmington all losing in the next round,

Today is where it may hurt depending on the outcome of two or three games.

It may just me, but the tourney doesn't feel the same or as exciting/fun now that it is so commercialized.....generic courts, huge March Madness at midcourt, everyone and their mother doing brackets/pool analysis, ESPN with non-stop coverage following bracket reveal (including that mind-numbing 24-hour bracket show), the NCAA even promoting brackets, etc. It's almost like since everyone who doesn't follow college sports thinks the tourney is cool, it's not as cool anymore. The games are fun, it's just everything else around it that's not so much IMO.

Yeah, I've been noticing that. Now it seems like every single sports related site does brackets. Before it was only Yahoo, ESPN, maybe CBS, now you get bombarded by like 50 different websites and apps about how you can fill out brackets on their site or app.

Even just 10 years ago it was nice, just a small pool with friends, now everyone does a bracket, every workplace seems to do pools, you see people filling out brackets for their damn dogs and other dumb stuff. Or when they fill out brackets, they pick teams based on colors, or how cute the nickname is or something equally stupid in my opinion. When I do a bracket, I'm trying to legitimately pick based on which team I actually think is better and will win, not which is cuter between the Bobcats and Jackrabbits. I don't know, maybe that makes me a sports snob, but I enjoyed it better when everyone involved was involved for the love of the game and the challenge of trying to pick a successful and winning bracket based on knowledge of the teams, records and stats.

And I agree aboit the courts. The NCAA has literally killed all individuality about the venues. They all look exactly the same in layout and will every step of the tournament, just different colors and maybe a slight addition or word change here and there. Watching games yesterday, just based on TV, I couldn't even tell where any of the damn games were being played at! Before, the location was always prominently display, the court identity of the host school and their logos were still incorporated into the design, now it's just an ugly, ungodly bland and boring court design with essentially zero identification of location or host school.

And I've completely ignored the bracket talk last couple years. That stupid stuff on ESPN, I even completely skipped the bracket unveil this year, I just waited until afterwards to see the entire bracket for myself and see the last four in/out.

For me, I'll always follow March Madness, I'll always do brackets, because I follow and love the sport. I watch college basketball all season, hell, I try to watch as many of the games as I can when they do that 24 hours marathon in November with games playing all night and all morning and afternoon at campuses around the country. Some of those 2 or 4am mid-major showdowns actually end being pretty entertaining!

Every year, I take the first two days of the tournament off so I can just relax at home and watch 12 to 13 hours of nonstop basketball. Add in my yearly ritual of spending the first day's noon games at a sports bar with a couple friends, watching the entirety of the first game or two and finally leaving around 3 or 4pm and head home for more basketball and more beer. Even in years when those friends couldn't make it, hell, I still went and sat up at the bar instead of a normal table for a couple hours, enjoy some lunch and some beer and watch some basketball. That's how I spent the entire Notre Dame-Princeton game yesterday.

And the blood bath begins. SMU just screwed me right in the ass.

6 Creighton loses to 11 Rhode Island, but this seemed to be the most predicted/likely upset heading into the tournament.

Yep, I had Rhode Island as my top expected upset, followed right behind by Xavier over Maryland and Mid Tennessee over Minnesota, thankfully all three didn't let me down. If only UNC Wilmington and Kansas State had been able to do the same.

Now, since I forgot to dial things back a little bit and change my second round pick from Rhode Island to Oregon, they better keep it up and reach the Sweet 16.