Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Join the 2017 TGT Tournament Challenge group & Tourney Discussion!

• Facebook
  • Display
    And it comes down to four people.

Bjrod would win right now if North Carolina and Gonzaga both lose next weekend. To guarantee a win, he needs North Carolina to lose to Oregon.

CLW would win by 20 points over bjrod if Gonzaga beats North Carolina in the championship game. That is his only chance, if North Carolina loses in the Final Four, he won't have enough points to catch bjrod.

Myself and TigerJustin13 MUST have North Carolina win the entire tournament AND have South Carolina knock off Gonzaga in the Final Four to have any hope of passing bjrod and CLW and ending in a tie for first place.

Somehow, the impossible combination of wins and losses came to fruition for us thanks to South Carolina shocking the nation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-26-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Damn you NC! I was leading the group pretty much non stop... and now it's over. Grrr! I was looking forward to a second victory in our NCAA group... but no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And it comes down to four people.

Bjrod would win right now if North Carolina and Gonzaga both lose next weekend. To guarantee a win, he needs North Carolina to lose to Oregon.

CLW would win by 20 points over bjrod if Gonzaga beats North Carolina in the championship game. That is his only chance, if North Carolina loses in the Final Four, he won't have enough points to catch bjrod.

Myself and TigerJustin13 MUST have North Carolina win the entire tournament AND have South Carolina knock off Gonzaga in the Final Four to have any hope of passing bjrod and CLW and ending in a tie for first place.

Somehow, the impossible combination of wins and losses came to fruition for us thanks to South Carolina shocking the nation.

It has been a lucky run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I'm in the 'anyone but UNC' camp. I like having new bloods in the Final Four instead of the Kansas' Duke's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bjrod9 View Post
    It has been a lucky run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, you've had good picks and some lucky endings to a couple of those close games.

I also gotta give you credit with the Gonzaga pick. I just couldn't pull the trigger on them and had picked them to lose to Notre Dame in the Sweet Sixteen. I've picked them to go fairly far the last couple years and always would get burned when they would end up losing in only the second round or Sweet Sixteen, so you made a great call on picking them all the way this year. If they're gonna win a national championship, this year is the one to get it done.

I know thing, next weekend is gonna be fun to watch!

Miss St beating UConn was easily the best game of both tournaments. A team that UConn beat by 60 points in the Sweet Sixteen last year comes back to break the streak. Watched the whole game and when it went to OT and Miss St lost their best scorer I thought it was over. Neither team shot the ball worth a flip but Miss St was the aggressor and hit the offensive boards. Not to mention State having the female version of Muggsy Bogues making the game winner, plus scoring 40 against Baylor to beat them in the previous game. If you missed this the Final should be a really good matchup.

SEC SEC SEC, kidding of course.

After the terrible flagrant foul call, I thought UConn was going to win it. However, when they took that quick shot instead of holding for final, they basically asked MSU to pull it out.

South Carolina tried, but they were in a hole too long today and just couldn't keep the lead once they had it briefly in the second half.

Oregon-UNC has been a really good game so far.

OK, so my math was off. It's down to three. CLW wins the pick em with a Gonzaga victory Monday night with 1330 points. Bjrod would finish second with 1310. There's no way for Bjrod to catch up to CLW now.

However, if North Carolina wins, myself and TigerJustin13 will jump both CLW and Bjrod and finish tied for first with a final tally of 1110, beating CLW by 100 points.

I miscalculated the amount of points for a correct Final Four pick so I thought Gonzaga winning would screw me and TigerJustin13 out of catching up to CLW, but we are still within distance to jump him with a North Carolina championship.

Congrats to North and South Carolina. Since a victory in one state makes the other happy, there are a lot of excited people in United Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Congrats to North and South Carolina. Since a victory in one state makes the other happy, there are a lot of excited people in United Carolina.
    Let's just hope that this appeases the fine people of Charleston.

Congrats to Smooth Pancakes & TigerJustin on winning the tourney! Please PM me to claim your prize.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Let's just hope that this appeases the fine people of Charleston.
    I thought Clemson beating Bama would be enough but the pain clearly runs deep.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Congrats to Smooth Pancakes & TigerJustin on winning the tourney! Please PM me to claim your prize.
    Thanks Chris!

I don't know how, it took some major miracle magic, but somehow pulled off the trifecta! Swept the NFL Pick Em, Bowl Mania and now March Madness/Tournament Challenge. What a time to be a Pancake!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Thanks Chris!

I don't know how, it took some major miracle magic, but somehow pulled off the trifecta! Swept the NFL Pick Em, Bowl Mania and now March Madness/Tournament Challenge. What a time to be a Pancake!

Congrats.

I suppose being a smooth pancake is a helluva lot better than being a blue waffle. 😂🤢

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Congrats.

I suppose being a smooth pancake is a helluva lot better than being a blue waffle. 🤢

So gross!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Congrats.

I suppose being a smooth pancake is a helluva lot better than being a blue waffle. 😂🤢

I would have to agree with you there!

I was not familiar with the term "Blue Waffle."