Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Golf Club 2

• Facebook
  • Display

The Golf Club 2

Take a look inside The Golf Club 2, the upcoming sequel to the highly acclaimed, hugely popular sports game, The Golf Club. With a load of new and improved features including a Career Mode, enhanced Course Creator, competitive Societies, advanced swing mechanic, online tournaments, and more than 100,000 user-generated courses to play, The Golf Club 2 is the most authentic and exciting golf game ever created. Pre-order now to get exclusive content on Day One. Learn more at www.thegolfclub2.com.
    Last edited by cdj; 02-07-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Spring 2017. Much earlier than I was expecting. Hopefully it will play a little better on the Xbox One this time. The PS4 version was so much smoother.

Preordered and looking forward to playing in a few weeks.

Tempted with all the preorder bonuses but didn't get much play out of the first one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

All the things I've read, all the pre-order bonuses, plus $30 in my PSN account....yep, pulled the trigger
    The dude abides.

I've got it preloaded and ready to go at 11PM central!
    The dude abides.

Downloading this one now. Between this and Everybody's Golf I should have more than enough for that occasional golf game itch.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Downloading this one now. Between this and Everybody's Golf I should have more than enough for that occasional golf game itch.
    I think I'm going to get that one too and for the same reasons. With EA seemingly putting their golf franchise into purgatory, it's time to go elsewhere. TGC 2 & Everybody's Golf both look good/fun for different reasons.

Amazon still has the Day One Edition available for ordering:

Pre-Order The Golf Club 2 and secure the ‘Aristocrat’ Day One Edition and get a head start on your career with bonus in-game content that will take you from rags to riches.
    Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power. Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out amongst the crowd with an exclusive 24k solid gold driver.
    Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends.
    Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf.
    Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge.

Still playing the 1st one as I am in a TGC tour league. Love this game, so eventually will be getting this.

I'm playing the tutorial holy load times Batman.

Graphically the game looks great, but it took over a minute to go from one tutorial swing to the next.

The dude abides.

Loading did get better in the tutorial, it was just bad after the first lesson.

The dude abides.

I have created a society, search for The Gaming Tailgate GC

The dude abides.

You created a Society.

that's what they're called!

The dude abides.

They really went all out on the character/club creation area. I like that they copied Rory with the different outfits for each round and even a casual option. I spent over 30 minutes customizing and coloring my clubs to match the last set I owned. Wish they offered different body types (I did not see it) and the hair options might have actually been worse than what was offered in Rory. How many bald options do we need?

On the course went well after a few server hiccups trying to get through the training mode. I like the feel of the swing and it is an improvement over TGC1. That said there were some framerate hiccups during the swing that really need a patch. Would love to see what these guys could do with a better game engine than Unity (v5). Most Unity games do not play nicely on the consoles but perform better on the PC.

A few things that seemed like odd omissions. Not able to create different weather for each round when setting up a tournament is the big one I have seen mentioned but not something I have tried myself. The inability to turn off fly-by's before each shot. That drives me nuts. The changes to the HUD, especially the terrible decision to go with white lettering and transparent. Makes absolutely no sense and I have a 60" TV and do not sit that far away and it is still hard to see information.

Seems like it is buggy as all get-out right now, so like most games at launch, patience is a virtue. Some good stuff, some confusing stuff and the broken stuff. It's looks a little better but is still a far cry from Rory in the graphics dept.

I'm back from an out of state wedding and family reunion, so I'll have to dig into this more this week and weekend.
    The dude abides.