Thread: EA's Earnings Call

• Facebook
  • Display

EA's Earnings Call

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sta.../1100-6447435/

Highlights

On Star Wars Battlefront 2, EA CEO Andrew Wilson said he knows fans have asked for more depth. The sequel will have more games modes, a single-player campaign, and content from multiple Star Wars eras. Wilson said EA has every reason to believe it is delivering what fans want from the game.
    EA confirms Madden 18. It will use the Frostbite engine.
    A new NBA Live game is coming this fall.
    New NHL, UFC games are on the way.
    New Need for Speed game is on the way for fiscal year 2018; will be the best-looking game in the series.
    Titanfall 2 sales did not disappoint, though EA did sell fewer copies than expected, Wilson said. The game is expected to sell well for a long time due in part to its strong reviews
    Battlefield 1 sold more copies than EA expected; it is expected to be the best-selling Battlefield game ever.
    EA and Origin Access continues to grow.
    Battlefield 1's They Shall Not Pass expansion is coming out in the end of March
    EA won't talk about unit sales much in the future but will instead focus on revenue per game and engagement levels.
    Mass Effect: Andromeda is expected to sell 3 million units in its launch month.

I knew they would wait to the Fall for Live. Glad to See Titanfall 2 sales were not as bad as some previous thought, it had one of the best FPS single player campaigns I have played in years. No NCAA Football mentioned.

Thanks for typing up the highlights, bdoughty.

Some quick thoughts from reading notes:

- Disappointing that Live is being delayed, but it is probably for the best to give it basically two years of relatively straight development.

- Titanfall 2 should continue to sell well with word of mouth and seemingly being at a $30 price point now. Maybe other titles under-performing should learn from and copy this formula?

- No new PGA TOUR game mentioned either.

I don't understand the comment on Titanfall. It didn't sell as well as expected but didn't disappoint? That seems to contradict itself.

As for NBA Live EA probably realizes this is the last chance for this game. Better wait and make it your best shot. Plus it seems some 2k fans are a bit disappointed this year and may be willing to try something different in the fall. Who knows? I still think the MLB market on XBox and even Sony would be a good place for EA to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I don't understand the comment on Titanfall. It didn't sell as well as expected but didn't disappoint? That seems to contradict itself..
    Translation, it still made a profit. EA really screwed the pooch with the release timing. Releasing it against it's own Battlefield One and the behemoth Call of Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

- No new PGA TOUR game mentioned either.
    Rory was supposed to be an evergreen title, but it doesn't seem like anything has been added lately. The Twitter account has been dead since early last summer.
    The dude abides.