Thread: 2016-17 NBA Season Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2016-17 NBA Season Discussion

God I love it when teams troll other teams and their fans.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That good stuff!

It reminded me of the Penguins trolling the Caps on Twitter.

I saw that the day they posted it. I laughed so hard when I saw it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

With the new Collective Bargaining Agreement complete, the next order of business for the NBA to continue capitalizing on the remarkable growth of the game is expansion. And it is coming on the horizon sooner than many think.

Sources have told 16 Wins a Ring that expansion is being talked about more seriously at this point than at any other time recently. The league’s first priority was to complete the CBA, but with the game in such a healthy place monetarily, and the talent level higher than it ever has been, expansion is now the focus of the league office.

The earliest the league would expand is for the 2018–19 season, but that 2019–20 is more likely according to sources.

It has even been hinted that the new CBA rules around making it more lucrative for free agents to remain with their current teams could help expansion teams hold on to talent and be competitive quicker than ever.

The front running cities in talks are Seattle and Mexico City, with Louisville still very much in the picture. The former NBA city of Seattle has always been on the NBA’s radar, with Adam Silver determined to fix the error of letting the city lose its franchise.

Link: 16 Wins a Ring

- They may have plans to keep free agents with current teams, but IMO adding teams only dilutes the talent in the league even more. Right now there's only a handful of teams (two?) that are considered title-contenders, barring injuries. It almost feels like they would be expanding just for the sake of it.

The Pistons stink. No excuse for their record. At the same time they are paying too many players over $15m a year that aren't all stars or truly great players. Drummond is very questionable as a max contract guy when he struggles so much with free throws.

Get to see the Celtics for the first time ever in person this March
    The dude abides.

The All-Star Break might get wild. Joakim Noah & Brandon Jennings have removed anything 'Knicks' from Twitter profiles.

Hayward leaves Utah for Boston.

Haven't read his goodbye letter, but have to wonder if a stacked Western Conference played even a slight role in decision. The Jazz could have a great season and still struggle to finish #4 out west. In the East, the Celtics should have no trouble being #2 behind Cleveland, but ahead of Washington and Toronto. Even a bad year should get them #4 in the East. At some point, I think LBJ comes back down to earth and they could vault to the best in the conference.