Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2016 - Week 11

• Facebook
  • Display

College Football 2016 - Week 11

Another full 7 day long week of football action. The MAC gets action started with some election day games. You can be sure of one thing, all four teams have higher favorable ratings than both presidential candidates!

There's another MAC doubleheader tomorrow night, some ACC and Pac-12 action on Thursday, followed by some ACC and Ivy League battles Friday night.

Come Saturday, bdoughty's much loved 11am kickoff sees Oklahoma try not to fall victim to a possibly pissed off Baylor team (I'd be pissed after getting bent over by TCU like that) while Kentucky and Tennessee face off to see who gets the right to be Alabama's bitch in Atlanta.

Some other games of interest includes Tulsa at Navy, West Virginia at Texas, Army vs Notre Dame (can Army follow Navy and pull off the upset?), a surprising Wyoming at UNLV, South Florida at Memphis, USC at Washington, Michigan at Iowa, Colorado at Arizona and how about some Pac-12 After Dark with Cal at Washington State.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, another 11AM start. We should be playing at 2:30, instead of Texas Tech and Okie St, since both OU and Baylor are ranked. Even West Virginia at Texas is a 11AM start. This seems like a better game than Tech/OSU.

Here is the amazing Friday night lineup for 2017.

Fri., Sept. 1 Washington at Rutgers
    Fri., Sept. 1 Utah State at Wisconsin
    Fri., Sept. 8 Ohio at Purdue
    Fri., Sept. 29 Nebraska at Illinois
    Fri., Oct. 13 Northwestern at Maryland
    Fri., Oct. 27 Michigan State at Northwestern

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Well, this is the week. We win this game @ Texas and WVU is in a damn good place to actually win the Big 12. Lose this game and it's just more of the same (fast start and falling on our faces when conference games come).

Our offense played terrible, but we shut down their ridiculously good RB in the second half (held him to like 40ish yards total in the 2nd half) and held on for the win. 4 fucking turnovers and I don't even know how many drops by our WRs. Ugh. Thank god that game is over.

Guess we find out next week as the only undefeated team in the Big 12 conference play heads to Morgantown.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Guess we find out next week as the only undefeated team in the Big 12 conference play heads to Morgantown.
    Yup! Pretty sure College Gameday will be rolling into town as well! Probably means you guys stomp the fuck out of us though. We always lose when College Gameday is there.

Washington and Michigan on upset watch. Louisville shows up in the second half, big game with Houston Thursday. Auburn loses. Top ten not faring well this week.

And Washington is fucked.

Iowa, you dumbasses.

Well, new life for Iowa after a defensive stop and a facemask penalty on Michigan during the punt return. Iowa is actually starting their drive right at the far field goal range of their kicker. Get maybe 10-15 yards and boot the game winner.

And there's the 10 yards. Iowa is well within field goal range with 1st and 10 at the Michigan 31 and 1:16 to play.

The last time #2, #3 and #4 all lost on the same day, October 19, 1985. #1 Iowa beat #2 Michigan (on which Jim Harbaugh was a player) by the score of 12-10, Miami beat #3 Oklahoma and Texas beat #4 Arkansas.

And a dead center middle of the field 32 yard field goal is good. Iowa shocks #3 Michigan 14-13.

Break out the popcorn these next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    The last time #2, #3 and #4 all lost on the same day, October 19, 1985. #1 Iowa beat #2 Michigan (on which Jim Harbaugh was a player) by the score of 12-10, Miami beat #3 Oklahoma and Texas beat #4 Arkansas.
    Wonderful day and year that was. Miami loss was Troy Aikman's last game at OU as he got injured, Jamelle Holieway took over and we beat Penn St for the National Championship.

Forgot that # 8 Texas A&M gives up 23 4th quarter points to Ole Miss as they are the 5th top 10 team to lose toady. Welcome to the Top 10 OU! This avatar is bringing OU some good luck. Thanks Obama!

Yeah, a two loss Oklahoma ain't getting in, keep dreaming.

Cool your jets. I said welcome to the Top 10. A Big 12 Championship and a Bowl Game win is all I can ask for.