Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NPD Sales Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Not a chance in hell. They won't even attempt to revive NCAA Football and that sold FAR better than NCAA Basketball ever did.

Plus the whole student athletes and likenesses and etc that destroyed NCAA Football will still be there to destroy NCAA Basketball.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, NCAA basketball never sold well. 2K got out because of profit numbers, not license. EA should be making MVP again. That game sold over 2million copies on PS2. With no competition on XBOX they could sell a million total copies easy. People would come back. Has to be better than selling 50,000 Live copies which is now on sale for $15 on MS for XBox. They can’t even get 5% of the market.

Toes are being dipped in the water. A few college teams in the past few NBA 2K game. College teams in Madden 18 side show. Where are the lawsuits for player likeness? If you randomize the players, they can't sue.

Call me when they get beyond just a couple teams of randomly generated players. When they start adding entire conferences, maybe I'll start taking interest.

And as for college basketball, regardless, it's dead. It's a nice novelty for NBA Live or 2K or whatever other NBA games, but both 2K and EA completely dropped college basketball back in 2010, long before any lawsuit talk even started. It never sold on the level of NCAA Football and would just be a money loser today.

This article from February 2010 is just as accurate today as it was almost 8 years ago.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th.../1100-6249963/

Plus, yeah, a COMBINED 155,000 sales across all systems for NCAA Basketball 10? EA would never take that chance, especially with their struggles just to sell NBA Live. And 2K rakes in money hand over fist with NBA 2K, so they aren't going to bother with a college game when they already have their basketball cash cow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 11-16-2017 at 11:29 PM.

The NCAA ? is REALLY simple:

(1) Will the NCAA permit EA/2K/whoever to "compensate" the players for use of their likeness? - It could be as simple as a copy of a free game and if a player says no they won't be in the game. If yes then you could easily make a NCAA sports game.

If No

(2) The big schools leave the NCAA and form their own league and allow for #1.