Thread: College Football 2016 - Week 6

• Facebook
  • Display

College Football 2016 - Week 6

Nearly forgot to do this today, which would have been a problem, as we add an extra day of football with Wednesday games!

Some entertaining games this weekend, including the big showdown between Texas and Oklahoma. Unfortunately this game loses some luster with bdoughty's avatar no longer riding on the line thanks to Ohio State.

The other big story of the weekend, to which schools and games will Matthew be saying "No football for you!"? Already some cancelled games in anticipation of Florida's impending sloppy blowjob from Mother Nature.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As someone who sleeps from morning to late afternoon, these 11AM games really suck. I take like 10 different prescriptions and have to do a juggling act just to watch the damn thing. You better win OU and stop scheduling 11AM games.

From the OU defense that gave up all those points to TCU.

DE Charles Walker out
    DB Will Johnson probable
    This after MLB and Team Captain Tay Lewis "retired" from football due to head injuries a few days ago. Technically, the Sooners team doctors, "disqualified" him from ever playing again. Take that Oliver Stone, #notallteamdoctors!

The one bright side is the Longhorns best RB Chris Warren is out for 6-8 weeks.

Might be one of those, the team with the ball last wins. Of course any time I say that it ends up being a low scoring game.

Congrats to G and Arkansas St for getting their first win tonight. Did not see the game but watched the highlights. Heck of a run from the QB on a 4th and 16 to keep the drive alive to take the lead.

Add LSU-Florida to the list of victims. Games postponed indefinitely, they may try to make it up at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Congrats to G and Arkansas St for getting their first win tonight. Did not see the game but watched the highlights. Heck of a run from the QB on a 4th and 16 to keep the drive alive to take the lead.
    Haven't seen a highlight package but did it touch on our 5 turnovers? Aside from those, we played lights out. If we can clean those up then we might make another run at the conference title.

We started the season 0-4 largely due to 3 new offensive coaches (OC, OL & RB) and replacing all offensive skill positions with mostly transfers.

Our coaches were trying to get our players to use schemes that they didn't fit...it took losing to an FCS school to wake them up. As a result, we rushed for more yards last night than we had in the 4 games prior.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It'll be interesting to see if Florida and LSU can agree on a date. The most likely makeup would be November 19th, as both teams have non-conference games. Florida is willing to drop their game against Presbyterian College to play LSU, but the Tigers apparently aren't currently willing to give up their guaranteed easy win over South Alabama for a tough challenge in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Florida and LSU can agree on a date. The most likely makeup would be November 19th, as both teams have non-conference games. Florida is willing to drop their game against Presbyterian College to play LSU, but the Tigers apparently aren't currently willing to give up their guaranteed easy win over South Alabama for a tough challenge in Florida.

It's not only the win but they'd also have to pay USA $1.5M and $3M+ in lost revenue from losing the home game. Florida only has to pay Presbyterian $500k and gets to keep the home game.

At the end of the day, Florida didn't want to lose the home game or they would have just moved it to Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Mobile, or Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Haven't seen a highlight package but did it touch on our 5 turnovers? Aside from those, we played lights out. If we can clean those up then we might make another run at the conference title.
    It just showed some plays from that last drive. 5 turnovers and a "W" is a rare combination.

It just showed some plays from that last drive. 5 turnovers and a "W" is a rare combination.
    Especially when it's 5-0. We did manage to hold them to 6 points off those turnovers.

Last edited by gschwendt; 10-06-2016 at 07:49 PM.

I have no idea what is worse, OU's secondary or the Refs. We have gotten screwed by the refs on two of the turnovers.

That was ugly. OU's defense sucked just a bit less than the Longhorn defense. I think Texas will have to fire Charlie after giving up almost 700 yards. Fuck it, it's a win against Texas.

Navy is currently giving Houston full mast.

Based on Transitive Property, Navy would beat the crap out of OU.

Navy fucking Midshipmen! Goddamn I got a fucking hard-on right now!

Man the rain in that ND-UNC game was crazy. Wow!

I don't watch that much college football anymore but did you guys see the screen pass for a TD to the OL in the Pitt game? That was awesome.

https://youtu.be/i3x8YVT--u8

And Rutgers is terrible. The addition of them in the Big Ten along with Maryland was horrible. Maryland maybe for basketball, TV and Under Armour but Rutgers is garbage.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-11-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    And Rutgers is terrible. The addition of them in the Big Ten along with Maryland was horrible. Maryland maybe for basketball, TV and Under Armour but Rutgers is garbage.
    It gets them real close to two of the top 10 TV markets in the nation (NYC and Washington DC). So, there is that.

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    It gets them real close to two of the top 10 TV markets in the nation (NYC and Washington DC). So, there is that.

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets
    That is the ENTIRE reason Rutgers was in the Big East to begin with. The Big East wanted that NJ market share. Rutgers has always been terrible. I mean, they've ended the season ranked 4 times since the rankings existed. FOUR TIMES!