Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Second match of the preseason is in the books. We took a 3-0 loss to Dortmund. I played the full 90, including the last half hour beside Jermaine Defoe as we went with 2 strikers after we fell behind.

I finished with another 6.0 match rating and never got a look at goal as we were outclassed and didn't have much of the ball.

Next up, Real Madrid.

Wrapped up the preseason with a goalless draw. I played 44 minutes, after Defoe went down with an injury. I had my best performance, earning MotM with a 7.1 rating but still no looks at goal.

Lost the league opener at Anfield, 2-1. I came on as a sub in the last half hour and got a 6.1 rating.

Rumors are swirling that Sunderland are going to buy a striker in the transfer market which, I assume, is how I'll end up being loaned out. We'll see.

My OVR is up to 62, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Lost the league opener at Anfield, 2-1. I came on as a sub in the last half hour and got a 6.1 rating.

Rumors are swirling that Sunderland are going to buy a striker in the transfer market which, I assume, is how I'll end up being loaned out. We'll see.

My OVR is up to 62, FWIW.
    This is the single-character mode, right? I wasn't aware FIFA had a mode like that.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    This is the single-character mode, right? I wasn't aware FIFA had a mode like that.
    Yes, it is.

Look up "FIFA 17 The Journey". So far, and it's VERY early, it seems really well done. I'm enjoying it but time will tell if that lasts.

Made my home debut, playing the final 28 minutes in a 2-0 win over Middlesbrough. I think I should have been credited with an assist as I got a headed flick on to Lee Cattermole who scored our second goal. Anyway, I finished with a 6.5 rating.

My OVR is now 63.

Harry Kane has been brought in from Tottenham and the club is, apparently, going to play my lifelong friend, Gareth Walker behind him. Looks like my chance to be on the team sheet just took a nosedive.

We'll see if I stay up as a sub or if I'm headed out on loan.

Harry Kane scored a brace in his debut with the club as we won 2-0 at Southampton. I played the final 19 minutes and had a 7.4 rating.

Interesting to note, I was brought on as a RW. In the last match, I was utilized at LCM so it's nice to see David Moyes finding a place for me to help me get some minutes.

Please read this article/review/commentary on Forza Horizon 3. The outrage is top notch, 100%, bat shit crazy.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/forza...ayground-games

Scored a 6.3 rating in helping close out a 2-1 home win over Everton. I came on at RCM for the last 29 minutes and got my first 2 shots off. One on target, one off.

My transfer value has increased to £3.2 M. I have gone over 55k followers on Social Media. Through 4 match days, we sit 4th in the table at 3-0-1 with 9 points and a +4 GD.

I played well in a 4-2 loss at White Hart Lane, logging 32 minutes at LCM, creating 2 chances and scoring a 7.2 rating. But a chance to go top of the table was squandered.

Up next is a visit from Palace. The Eagles are 4th in the league with 10 points, we are 6th with 9.

My OVR is now 65.

Scored a 6.3 rating in helping close out a 2-1 home win over Everton. I came on at RCM for the last 29 minutes and got my first 2 shots off. One on target, one off.

My transfer value has increased to £3.2 M. I have gone over 55k followers on Social Media. Through 4 match days, we sit 4th in the table at 3-0-1 with 9 points and a +4 GD.
    Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, bud.

It was an extremely physical match with Crystal Palace that saw both sides finish the contest with 10 men as the game ended in a 1-1 draw.

I played the last 32 minutes at LCM and had a 7.0 match rating. I'm over 75k followers now and we are still 6th in the table after 6 league games.

Well, it's finally happened. Sunderland have decided to send me out on loan to a Football League Championship side. I was given the choice of 3 clubs who had made offers to the Black Cats.

Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Norwich City had offers on the table. Each had a Club Goal of earning promotion and had the exact same rating targets for me. Of course, the weekly wage was the same at each club (that is dictated by my contact with Sunderland) but Newcastle offered the most lucrative bonuses so that's where I went.

Newcastle are currently 8th in the Championship, 7 points behind the leaders Derby County. Of course, my Academy and Exit Trial nemesis Mr. Dickhead himself Danny Williams is at Newcastle and it is expected that we turn things around and get the Magpies back to the Premier League.

Well, it's finally happened. Sunderland have decided to send me out on loan to a Football League Championship side. I was given the choice of 3 clubs who had made offers to the Black Cats.

Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Norwich City had offers on the table. Each had a Club Goal of earning promotion and had the exact same rating targets for me. Of course, the weekly wage was the same at each club (that is dictated by my contact with Sunderland) but Newcastle offered the most lucrative bonuses so that's where I went.

This mode sounds pretty cool. I'll definitely stay tuned for updates.

A horrible start to my tenure at St. James' Park as I played just 19 minutes in the second half before being sent off with 2 yellows in a 2-0 win over Brentford.

Though I'll have to sit out a match, the manager was pleased with my responses to the media and I have gained a starting spot.

EDIT: Upon further review, the FA has overturned my red card and lifted the match ban.

I got the start and played the full 90 in our next match which was at home against QPR in the League Cup.

I played pretty well: 78 touches, 86% passing, 43 completed passes, 2 key passes but we were hard done when a handball gifted Rangers a penalty, which they converted, in the 77th minute for a 1-0 decision.

I played behind the striker at CAM and had 6 shots with just one being on target.

I'm up to 82k followers, my OVR is 66 and my transfer value is £3.3 M.

Last edited by steelerfan; 09-28-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Another chance to start and play the full 90 at Nottingham Forest and this time as the striker. I had my best professional game to date with a goal, an assist and a penalty drawn as we were easy 4-1 winners.

I had 44 touches, was 82% passing with 23 completions, had 1 key pass and took 4 shots with 3 off target for a 7.6 rating.