Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    A couple of pics from yesterday's play test.

Boy, this Irish defense is shit. They look like they'd fit well in the Big 12. And then the offense continuously made unforced errors. They deserved what they got today.

I smiled a bit with their Loss but still know PSU FU*^**^^* Sucks right now!!

I'm know Franklin can recruit but he sucks at coaching!!

Losing to Duke @ home.

Losing to Duke @ home against their Football team.

Football, not basketball team. On your home field. No Coach K at all.

This is a Euro Football quality flop right here by Tennessee. The Florida player got ejected. Should be a thing you can challenge where the flopper is the one ejected.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I'm sorry, but just simply don't touch the opponent after the whistle and none of that happens.

Marlins ace Jose Fernandez, 24, died in a boating accident.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lins/91076824/

Just finished a baseball book "The only rule is it has to work". Excellent and similar to Moneyball in that it centres around baseball analytics but the book is great for the people and stories in it. If you liked Moneyball you will like this.

Biggest difference is this is about two stat geeks running a very low level independent baseball team. That has its own comical issues.

Les Miles and Cam Cameron are fired. This was already mentioned but in an unsanctioned thread on this forum.

Notre Dame Defensive Coordinator is fired, his son is a redshirt quarterback on the team. That must have been an uncomfortable conversation. Odd since Brian Kelly said, “Actually that’s probably the one area that I feel better about today. We did what I wanted today in terms of coaching, and coaching had nothing to do with the outcome today. I was pleased from that perspective.” after the loss. His twitter account also "accidentally" gave a thumbs up to firing the Defensive Coordintaor earlier this week.

Multiple sources have told @LSUonScout that #LSU has reached out to Tom Herman and Art Briles through their agents.
    Briles? Yikes. Don't let your daughters grow up to be LSU Tigers.

Darren Sproles catch gave me some seriously bad flashbacks to 2003.

Jesus Horse-fucking Christ. What the fuck, Pittsburgh?

I'm not shocked that the defense was exposed as a house of cards (though Wentz doing it is impressive/disturbing) but I can't believe I just watched this Steeler offense get held to 3 points without having 8 fucking turnovers like the Jets (in fact, the Steelers only had 2) did (while "only" losing 24-3).

Gotta put this shitstorm in the rear view mirror and take care of the Chiefs next Sunday night.

Sheesh. That was horrific.

I just preordered FIFA 17. It will be playable at 11 PM Central tonight. I'll probably start with The Journey and see if that holds my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    How ominous. God staged it. There's no such thing as coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    How ominous. God staged it. There's no such thing as coincidence.
    Nah, there's no god, it was staged by Rob Manfred. It's all part of a narrative, use your logical brain.

On a side note, I find it hilarious that someone who calls them self a skeptic believes in that nonsense. I guess it's that sort of gullibility (talk about suspension of logic, it's the ultimate sheep maneuver, really) that makes one susceptible to conspiracy theorists and cults. What a fool.

Anyway, I don't want management to suddenly appear and threaten me with banishment so I won't say any more on the topic.

Time to play FIFA!

FIFA 17 dropped me right into an FA Cup Final at Wembley between Chelsea and Manchester United, thankfully as Chelsea. I'm guessing it did so to show off the new FA Cup presentation which was good.

I won the match 2-0 behind goals from Costa and Hazard.

I started The Journey, obviously picking my favorite club as Chelsea. I played on World Class and I failed at the trial and got cut, lol.

It's good to know that this won't be an easy road like all of the other similar modes I've ever played.

Finally got through the Exit Trial, ranking 8th. I decided, after giving it alot of thought, to sign with Sunderland.

The Black Cats have low expectations, a massive home ground, a name manager and they pay a bit better than the norm for clubs in their position.

I was taken on our preseason tour to the US and played the last 30 minutes of the opener with PSG in Seattle. I finished the match with a 6.0 rating and we were 1-0 winners.

Getting my copy on Friday, when I head to the big city. Looking forward to trying the new mode with the 6 win, 0 loss, 0 draws Manchester City.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Getting my copy on Friday, when I head to the big city. Looking forward to trying the new mode with the 6 win, 0 loss, 0 draws Manchester City.
    Bad idea but ok. You'll never see the pitch in Manchester. Hell, I might not at Sunderland. A loan may be automatic, I don't know. What I do know is that if I play long enough I can build my skills enough to get to Chelsea. A smaller club with less talent and lower expectations gives me the greatest chance to play in the Premier League ASAP.