Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 11, 2010

• Facebook
  • Display

Week 11, 2010

=============== #8 Oklahoma Sooners (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 45-38 against Texas Tech (3-6).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Greg Anderson has committed to Rutgers
    - (***) RT Brannon Beck has committed to LSU

=============== #16 Clemson Tigers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 41-20 against Syracuse (2-7).
    This week, the Tigers will host #10 Florida State (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Brannon Beck has committed to LSU

=============== #10 Florida State Seminoles (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 52-6 against NC State (4-5).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Clemson to face the #16 Clemson Tigers (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Brett Nash has committed to Michigan
    - (****) QB Brett Ward has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) RE Chris Haynes has committed to Michigan

=============== #4 Miami Hurricanes (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 44-2 against Virginia Tech (7-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host Iowa (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Robbie Cook has committed to Auburn
    - (****) WR Adam Wright has committed to Miami

=============== #11 Michigan Wolverines (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 27-8 against Minnesota (4-4).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Illinois (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Chance Wright has committed to Michigan
    - (****) QB Brian Young has committed to Michigan

=============== #13 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 39-0 against Northwestern (4-6).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (4-5).

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-0) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #2 Wisconsin (9-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Roger Butler has committed to Maryland
    - (****) SS Jeff Carey has committed to Oregon

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-6) ===============
    Last week, Texas Tech lost 45-38 against Oklahoma (7-1).
    This week, the Red Raiders travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (3-5).

=============== #18 USC Trojans (5-3) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans will host #1 Texas (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Howard Campbell has committed to USC

=============== #21 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 44-2 against Miami (10-0).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Matt Larson has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 76-0 against Oregon (3-5).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Los Angeles to face the #18 USC Trojans (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Joe McBride has committed to Texas

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 30-6 against Purdue (4-5).
    This week, the Badgers travel to University Park to face the #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Brett Ward has committed to Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Hey G if things get advanced I can play tonight around 10pm est or if that doesn't work I'm probably looking at Wednesday around 10:00pm too. I'll be on then and I have no other games so just shoot me a message.
    Tonight at 10pm et works for me. I'll see you on then.

That will work great.

Big game tonight with National Title hopes hinging on the outcome. With the Wisconsin Badgers traveling to Happy Valley to take on the Nittany Lions in what could be a game for the ages. With both teams having a slight chip on their shoulders after last year this game is sure to not disappoint.

Tommy, can you record the game (figuring you would) my Laptop is acting up and needs some attention and I haven't looked at it yet.

Oh I almost forgot about the matchup on the west coast in the Pac 10, but I guess that just about sums it up. Have a good night all!

HAHAHAHA

USC vs Texas should be a good test to see if Papa can keep the Longhorns on pace to win a second national championship. USC however is coming in poised and focused on the upset and really playing up the underdog roll. If USC can hold off the early surge from the Longhorns this contest could be interesting late.

Miami is done. moves to 11-0

#8 Oklahoma loses Jones, but Allen's late TD pass to Stills gives Sooners 46-42 in cheese-fest performance by UCLA.

1. Jonathan Franklin broke 18 tackles, and rushed for 142 yards.
    2. When he wasn't in the backfield, star WR Nelson Rosario was, and he caught 7 passes for 185 yards. WTF? Throwing to your best WR in the flats vs a DE isn't cool, and they did it alot.
    3. Extreme amount of pancakes. 33 for UCLA.
    4. UCLA jumped the snap at least 90 percent of the time on defense. Not cool.

When it was all said and done, we somehow won it down Ray King, Jermie Calhoun and Landry Jones who were all injured late.

Landry Jones threw for 446 yards and 2 TDs, while Calhoun rushed for 127 yards and a TD.

Ryan Broyles caught 8 passes for 133 yards, and Miller had 7 grabs for 197 and a TD.

But when it was all said and done, it was Drew Allen's 17 yard TD pass to Kenny Stills, as the redshirt freshman caught his first collegiate TD at the right time to get the W as Oklahoma moves to 8-1.

escobar, have u played any of ur other games? have not seen u on psn yet

heading to bed... might be able to sneak it in tomorrow early, let me know some times u can play, if not maybe wednesday night (late).

Looks like the Wiscy/PSU game was an old fashion slug fest. 25 passes between the two teams and a lot of rushing yards.

That game featured two very strong rushing attacks. The difference in the game was the turnover battle. PSU intercepted Wisky two times.

With just over 2 minutes remaining in the game Wisky recovered an onside kick. At that point I went from comfortable to really really uncomfortable. I was really worried about the pass that last drive and you gave me a healthy dose of Clay for I think 3 straight runs to get inside the 35yd line of PSU. I kept playing the pass though worried that my Line wouldn't get there fast enough I mixed in Nickle Cover 1, Nickle ROLB Blitz, and Nickle (hmm forget the name but man all the way and bringing both LB'rs), the last of which my RS SO CB Derrick Thomas came up with the pick to seal the win.

Green coming back from injury was still listed as probably yet the staff felt that his practice time on Thursday and Friday was enough to give him the nod and Green responded with 25 Carries for 255yds and 3TD's. His counterpart though Clay had an equally impressive day with 23 Carries for 225yds and 2TD's. Both staffs really relied on the running game, Coach Snoop mentioned that for his team to have a good chance they would have to try to control the clock and keep Clay off the field as much as possible.

Penn State finishes the season with road games at Minnesota and Michigan State.

Looks like you will end the season undefeated and likely to face Papa in the MNC if he can get past USC. It should be an interesting match-up as it will be a completely different game than those spread pass happy teams he faces out west. Here in the Big 10 we bring power to the table....and top 10 teams.

The Pac 10 might have 1 championship on their belts but the truth be told, the real powerhouse conference is the Big 10.

What happened to the USC vs Texas matchup last night? I don't remember even seeing psuexv online last night? Sure has been slacking lately!

Yea....he said he would text me if he was able to stay up. I took advantage and got some much needed sleep....lol. Got off at 10:47pm....and just my luck....I'll get off after 11pm tonight and he'll be ready....lol

Sorry Papa - I did fall asleep. That sucks you got off early. I say we get it in tonight though. I need to suck it up.

It's cool....I totally understand....trust me. That's why I was bummed that we couldn't get it in Sunday evening. I don't have the sexiest schedule for user games. I've been very lucky so far. The 1st year....I played ID and Kingpin during the same Friday night (Oneback and Kingpin happened to be online after Texas/OU)....then I played Prime in the national title game and the 2nd season Texas/OU on Saturdays....then I left early from work during the weekday (due to being sick) and was able to play Kingpin this season.

That really has worked out well for user games. Shoot me a text if you get off early tonight, if not I'll see you around 11:30 CST. I sent you a PM with my number.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Looks like you will end the season undefeated and likely to face Papa in the MNC if he can get past USC. It should be an interesting match-up as it will be a completely different game than those spread pass happy teams he faces out west. Here in the Big 10 we bring power to the table....and top 10 teams.
    Hoping that IF a undefeated ACC team makes it. Then they will be moved ahead of a weaker conference with no CCG

It is always good to hope

The polls usually work themselves out....at least I hope. If I take care of business....it will be a CRIME if Penn State and Miami play for the national title. If that happened....and we're 12-0....I will declare myself the REAL champ ;-)