Thread: NHL 17 - Draft Champions

• Facebook
  • Display

NHL 17 - Draft Champions

NHL 17 – DRAFT CHAMPIONS – DEEP DIVE

Draft Champions is an all-new mode that introduces the thrill of the fantasy draft with fast rounds of superstar picks. Each round challenges you to choose current and past NHL players and build a team that fits your playstyle. Immediately following your draft, take to the ice and fulfill your team’s potential by winning the Draft Championship.

Associate Producer, Jesse McLean provides a deeper dive into Draft Champions below:

SELECT YOUR THEME

Draft Champions is all about making decisions that will impact the overall build of your team and your first big decision comes right off the bat. When you first enter Draft Champions you’ll be asked to select one of four different team themes.

Themes determine which players will be made available to you during your 12 round draft and will also

be used to generate a base team before the draft stats. Your base team will be made up of low to mid-tier players who fit your selected theme. Draft Champions’ themes will be updated throughout the year to keep the mode fresh and exciting during the hockey season.

Once you’ve select your theme it’s time to start drafting.

GET DRAFTING

Now it gets exciting, it’s time to draft and improve upon your base team. Players choose between four players in each round, and with a limited number of rounds, each pick matters. Each player selected will be an upgrade over the base team, and Draft Champions will give players tough decisions in every round.

Every draft will feature a variety of players so your final team will almost always look different. Shape your team how you wish, if you enjoy playing a run and gun style then select speeders and snipers; if you like to play a defensive style, load up of high-end defenseman and two-way forwards – the choice is yours.

THE DRAFT CHAMPIONSHIP

After the draft, it’s time for you and your team to hit the ice.

Players who selected ‘Play Solo’ in the Draft Champions menu will faceoff against the AI, while players who selected ‘Play Head to Head’ will face off against live competition online. Your goal is to win four games in a row, with each victory you will get closer to winning the Draft Championship.

DRAFT COLLECTABLES

For every game you complete you’ll earn Draft Collectables. These collectables can be used to complete Hockey Ultimate Team Draft Champion dynamic sets which allows you to unlock high-end player items, packs and more. The more games you win the more Draft Collectables you will compile.

Last edited by cdj; 08-30-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Why do I have a feeling this will be showing up in FIFA next year? Much like Ultimate Team, it appears EA plans on taking this global in all of their sports games.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Why do I have a feeling this will be showing up in FIFA next year? Much like Ultimate Team, it appears EA plans on taking this global in all of their sports games.

Didn't FIFA add or have something like Draft Champions last year in FUT Draft?

Ah, maybe they did. I only play career mode in FIFA, and pretty much enter career mode almost the instant I hit the main menus upon starting up the game, so I never noticed.

I haven't played FIFA in a few years, so I didn't know if maybe there is a difference. Perhaps like Draft Champions in Madden this year it is included (buried?) in Ultimate Team menus.