Thread: Bill Walsh book

• Facebook
  • Display

Question Bill Walsh book

Since it's the Madden time of the year, I thought I'd go out and look for a good book to read up on for football.

Not sure if this is "Madden 17" but I wasn't sure else where to post it.

I want to read Bill Walsh Finding the Winning Edge. I thought, well this book has been out since 1996, I should be able to find a good used copy, after-all it was $29.99 when it first came out.

I go searching online, Ebay lists one for $600+ but it's a 1st edition and signed, I think, ok cool that's a special collectors item. I just want one I can read.

I keep searching and I find a bunch for $125-$300

I found one on alibris, but it still seems pretty expensive.

My question is, has anyone read it? Is it really worth spending over $100 for this 1 book? A lot of my college text books didn't cost that much.

I'd like to learn more about the west coast offense, but not sure if this price tag is where I want to be at. I understand he pretty much came up with the system so he'd be the one to write the book on it, but their original price of $29.99 seems more realistic.

They talk about that book on the Football Life episode of Bill Walsh. Great episode. Brian Billick wrote it for him. It didn't sell well but many nfl coaches loved it and it's become a cult classic and very pricey. Try to watch that episode if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Download and print it from Scribd for $8.99

https://www.scribd.com/document/2128...e-Winning-Edge

SWEET! I can download it and actually print it? I figured on something like that it would be a "read only" file and you'd have to be a paying member/logged in to access the file.

Technically you are paying $8.99 for 24 hours or same price for a month and you can cancel at any time. It can be downloaded then printed and possibly be sent to an e-reader if you have one. They do have some read-only material but this does not appear to be one of them since it does have the download button.

* You can also get the book for free. Just noticed they have a free month trial. Join free month, download what you want and cancel before 30 day trial ends.