Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden 17 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just played the Jags. Bortles had 14 seconds to throw. What amazing pash rush by my D...
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-31-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Alright, it's time to be unpopular...

I have played this game a lot over the past week. I am playing on ALL MADDEN and exclusively using Play the Moment, simply because I am too busy for anything else. From the first moment I played the game I wasn't sure but it felt different and not in all of the good ways people point out. Too me it actually felt somewhat off though I could not quite see why. Regardless, I purchased the game. At this point I can honestly say that I am not having fun with this game and the sole reason is not franchise mode but rather GAMEPLAY.

I am now 1-5 (1-9 if you include preseason). I think that's phenomenal to see as I have never had a record like this in Madden. However, I'm not happy about it because I feel cheated because of the gameplay issues. As an OFFLINE 100% Franchise vs the cpu, if gameplay is bad the experience will be horrible. I'm not having fun right now because of these issues below.

1. QB fumbles

-this is absolute insanity. A QB gets hits one-on-one in the backfield and it's pretty much a fumble. I am averaging 3 fumbles per game (yet all are from QB's being hit). Once your QB loses confidence it's even worse.

2. WR Drops

-I don't see the cpu drop passes yet I am finding any type of contact leads to a drop. A. Jeffrey has over 10 drops thus far. However, many drops are not recorded so it's probably more.

3. CPU ZONE Coverage/ route shading

-CPU zone is crazy. Go into replays and watch how quick the defenders break on the ball. Recievers are covered and I have seen a lot of route running where the CB is in front of the receiver. CB's cut on a dime on All Madden. This also leads to a number of cover sacks and most detrimental, interceptions. The ball gets tipped and then floats around for awhile until it is picked off.

4. Neutered WR fighting for the ball

-last year was fantastic. This year I feel like my WR will not go for it while the DB breaks for it every time. Using Aggressive catch basically means dropping the ball. This is such a disappointment

5. Absurd logic in play the moment

-if I cannot trust the cpu logic then how can I do play the moment?

6. CPU QB Accuracy

-there are no errand passes. They are all thrown perfectly. The only time a pass is off is when it is purposely thrown out of bounds. QB play from low OVR is pretty much the same as a stud QB.

7. Hum Pass Rush

-non-existent!!! I find the hum player has about 3 seconds to throw while the cpu QB is often in the 6-10 second range

Now I know you will say... SLIDERS will fix these issues. Well, maybe they will although past history has shown otherwise. I probably play Madden more than most people on this site and I know the game well. For the first time in years I find it's the gameplay that is hurting my enjoyment more than the franchise mode, which frankly is pretty well done this year.

Regardless, I will continue to pound it out and hopefully my feelings will change. As I say, I know I am in the minority on this one but this game just isn't working for me this year.

Everything you said is why I never pay on All-Madden. This game being a success to me is dependant on me being able to get a challenge out of All-Pro.

The only thing I would disagree with are the WRs. I don't find the drops that bad although I do agree that they are rarely recorded. Great WRs will come down with those passes from my time in Play Now. Unfortunately I don't have a WR rated above 81 with the Ram's so it's worse for me. Sliders will fix a lot of that. I may experiment with lowering really action time way down for the CPU since my zone passing sucks right now. The CPU dbs can make up a ton of ground.

I'm curious if any devs read our thoughts on TGT. I hope so.

The goal system has to go. I bring a war off the practise roster and his weekly goal is 2 td's. My starting Rb's goal is 15 receiving yards...

Game 8 vs Minnesota. It's 28-0 Vikings (play the moment) and I have played 7 downs yet not one offensive snap. 3 fumbles. I also have my 3rd string QB.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Game 8 vs Minnesota. It's 28-0 Vikings (play the moment) and I have played 7 downs yet not one offensive snap. 3 fumbles. I also have my 3rd string QB.
    And just like that I go to the depth chart to make a change and the game freezes. I noticed that the cpu keeps changing my depth chart.

Two new issues to report.

1. I am getting xp for losing vs rivals (it shows I won)
    2. Outside of injury, CPU Rb carries go 100% to the starter.

I think the CPU uses the same autopsies as us don't they? I know I have seen cpu backup rbs get carries. Not a lot and I have fatigue at 65 although this could be worse on play the moments.

Formation subs may have a problem. At the beginning of my next game my MLB was still the RCB in the Dime. Stop it! I double checked formation subs before my last game and after (after I got toasted in Lions opening TD) and he is not in there. But in the actual game something is goofy. Will make another change with him and see if this stops for next game.

I am going to reset formation subs. Only thing I know of that can fix this hopefully.

Stats are also buggy. After 8 games Aaron Donald has 11 sacks. My number two has 3.5. But while Donald shows up on my stats and leads the NFC West, when I choose all NFL he is not in the defensive stats. No clue why.

As previously mentioned, I have been exclusively playing PLAY THE MOMENT. However, I am of the opinion that the mode is bugged. Here are a couple of things I am seeing.

1. Any 3rd and 10+ plays and my offense runs the ball (usually for a 3 yard gain)
    2. The cpu offense gets close to double the amount of plays as my offense (eg 75 for the cpu 40 for me)
    3. The cpu starting RB gets all of the carries (most will have 30-40 carries for the game)
    4. Star Players get injured yet often play the very next play (primarily QB, RB and WR)
    5. QB's frequently get injured on QB kneels
    6. Frequency of injuries is extreme (I am averaging 9 players off due to injury)

Just my opinion, jaymo, but I see PtM as a waste of time instead of saving time. I know that when I get my real Franchise running I will be playing every game in full so I see no benefit in wasting my time with PtM. It won't help in any way to get me ready for a full Franchise experience.

Instead, I'll play full games to get the game where I want it until I'm ready for my real Franchise.

The new set up is driving me nuts. This Windows 8 tiles inside of tiles is maddening. All information is buried. However, for the casuals limited information is placed right in front of you to make a "big decision" quickly. Why is the league news hidden? It should be first and foremost, not hidden 4 scrolls over.

Madden 18 needs a major overhaul for the CFM interface!

Agreed on the interface. News and twitter takes a major back seat.

I have scouted a lot of kids although I forgot I'm missing quite a few draft picks due to Goff. It seems that they really toned down the hidden gems. I barely played franchise in M16 but in M15 I remember being able to find mid and late gems pretty good. This year it seems a lot harder.

Just beat the Packers 38-29. I missed a fg at the 2 minute warning and then the commentary said that miss probably sealed my fate. I then watched GB run 7 straight times and run out the clock and guarantee they would lose. Mind boggling!

Lost my first player from the practise squad. I lost a promising young CB to Buffalo. I'm not sure why as Buffalo has six active cb's but I may make a play to get him back if he become a free agent.

Practise roster is great but the CPU teams don't use it much.

I just had a player poached from mine. Completely forgot about my practice squad. I don't even know where to look at them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Lost my first player from the practise squad. I lost a promising young CB to Buffalo. I'm not sure why as Buffalo has six active cb's but I may make a play to get him back if he become a free agent.

Practise roster is great but the CPU teams don't use it much.
    I saw a vid on YouTube where no CPU team had a practice squad player.

I saw my practice squad in the roster section with it's own section (LB, DB, Practice Squad). Gurley got hurt and my #2 back is still hurt. So I signed my PS HB and also Kenyan Drake from Miami who was a 3rd round pick this year and had been cut. Sorry but no picks in the first 3 rounds should be cut in their rookie year.

I had read that cpu time management was better but I don't think it was touched. Still see the 1:01 time out and still see questionable play calling. I do see some fake kicks here and there - Belichik was crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Sorry but no picks in the first 3 rounds should be cut in their rookie year.
    I recall a former 29th overall pick that was cut because he was insane. In fact, it was your boys that claimed him after the Vikings let him go.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitrius_Underwood

That said, I'd generally agree with your statement.