Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden 17 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Well last night was a long night. Playing on ALL MADDEN (default) I lost all 4 preseason games (0-4) as First off, Chicago is a BAD team. Second, I have made them worse as I made a trade. I just could not deal with Cutler so I tried for draft picks but as each week progressed there was less and less interest. I finally swallowed my pride and flipped him to the Rams for 82 ovr FB Cory Harkey. I met a need but I was roasted on social media. That leaves 61 ovr Jeff Tuel as my starter. I then pulled the trigger on a trade with GB. I was surprised they accepted but I sent them QB Hoyer and a draft pick in exchange for Brett Hundley. I had hoped to have him start but he has struggled with fumbles and ints. He is now 2nd on the depth chart. The plan is that he will be the starter sooner than later.

I played all of the games using Madden Play the Moment. Two games were key moments and two were offense only. still am not a fan but you can finish a game in half an hour or so.

I really wish that the quick presentation option that is available in Play Now was available in Franchise. It dramatically decreases the tone it takes to play a game.

I find myself skipping all replays and halftime shows.i used to love that stuff but I just don't have the time anymore. Its hard to finish a game in under an hour as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Is there a way like a Roster Breakdown to see how many players are on your roster without counting them yourself? I don't know if I have 48 players or 53 or what.

In this Chargers Franchise I'm doing, I don't really care but when I start a Steelers one with opening day rosters, I'm going to want to be sure that my roster is full at all times.
    Anyone know?

Anyone know?
    Sorry. I have no clue either. The game forces you to cut X players and I know that gets me to 53 but I don't think there is a roster count somewhere. Jaymo?

Did lose a fun game 34-31 to Tampa in their hideous creamsicle uniforms. My defence is crap. Rundefence bad last two games.

http://pic.twitter.com/5sE0Hzz5ps
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-29-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Anyone know?
    Sadly, I haven't seen a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Sorry. I have no clue either. The game forces you to cut X players and I know that gets me to 53 but I don't think there is a roster count somewhere. Jaymo?

Did lose a fun game 34-31 to Tampa in their hideous creamsicle uniforms. My defence is crap. Rundefence bad last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Sadly, I haven't seen a way to do it.
    Thanks, guys.

For the record Rudy, I love those Tampa uniforms. The current ones are awful.

The current Tampa uniforms are bad largely because of that horrible font that makes the numbers look like alarm clocks. I think both Tampa and Jax went too busy with their new uniforms. Miami kept their new ones simple and it works other than they moved towards baby blue and wuss status. Dolphins need to go back to their throwbacks permanently. Tampa would be better off going back to pewter power. And for the record, the Steelers bumblebee uniforms have grown on me. I hated them initially. Chargers baby blues are classic. Rams throwbacks are better too.

I like everybody's uniforms from the 80s better than today. I can't think of one that is better today than then.

Once again, I appear to be the guy that likes all the fancy new uniforms. The only thing I don't really like is the 2-tone Jax helmet.

No, I don't believe there is a way to find out the roster number other than to count manually.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    No, I don't believe there is a way to find out the roster number other than to count manually.
    Lame.

Thanks though.

I like everybody's uniforms from the 80s better than today. I can't think of one that is better today than then.
    This. Just like college uniforms, they try to hard these days.

Edit: Forgot the Bungles were still wearing these helmets in 1980. The one exception to the rule.

Last edited by bdoughty; 08-30-2016 at 04:43 AM.

I think the Giants, Jets and Bill's did a good job because their new uniforms were retro. From the helmet logos to the stripes and pants I liked those changes.

On another note I am 1-3 with the Ram's and have the worst run defence in the league. My passing offence stinks. Gurley and Aaron Donald are the two bright spots.

I like how the stats include downs played for offence and defence. I wish they would add conversion statistics for defence. Just having offensive numbers isn't good enough imo. I'd love to see more defensive stats like yards per carry against, qb rating against, etc.

Right now there must be a bug in the kicking stats because my kickers has zero kicks! No field goals or extra points.

I did like how the game mentions a players contract extension after he made a tackle. A stat bubble popped up.

On a side note I'm 2-3 and Gurley has rushed for a round 650 yards. My passing game blows and Goff is brutal right now.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-30-2016 at 07:28 PM.

I like how the stats include downs played for offence and defence. I wish they would add conversion statistics for defence. Just having offensive numbers isn't good enough imo. I'd love to see more defensive stats like yards per carry against, qb rating against, etc.

Right now there must be a bug in the kicking stats because my kickers has zero kicks! No field goals or extra points.

I did like how the game mentions a players contract extension after he made a tackle. A stat bubble popped up.

On a side note I'm 2-3 and Gurley has rushed for a round 650 yards. My passing game blows and Goff is brutal right now.
    You playing full games or Play the Moment?

I wonder if in my lifetime I will ever see bad cpu QB's play to their stats?

Vs the cpu....

Week 3 Dallas Moore 17/21 187 yards 1 td
    Week 5 Indy. Morris 21/31 272 yards 2 td (in addition to Gores 38 carries for 150 yards)

I am now 1-4. I am playing exclusively on Play the Moment and it is maddening to see the plays being run. However, it saves soooooo much time.

I am playing full games. Just got smoked in Detroit by the Lions and am 2-4. May be making some slider tweaks soon.

I may need to drop back down to ALL PRO as my interceptions and QB fumbles (on sacks) is just killing me.

If i keep seeing this fumble parade on sacks I'm raising the fumble slider to help. I'm dropping the int slider too. Defenders rarely drop them on all madden.