Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 17 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Thumbs up Madden 17 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

I figured we needed a franchise only discussion thread. Use this thread to post thoughts, observations, likes and dislikes as well your experiences, highlights (and lowlights) of your own franchise.

So I decided to jump right in and experience a little bit of franchise. I figured a team that could be unique and challenging is a team that frankly I really dislike. Therefore, I am now head coach of...

I created myself as a head coach and the first thing I noticed is there is a little more customization to creating coaches. Also I do better like the Twitter feed. I just wish it wasn't buried in the menus. I opted out of being an owner as frankly the mode is yet again untouched and it's pretty boring IMO.

I tried for a half hour to move Cutler but with no luck. Several teams are interested but are offering nothing. I refuse to start the season with him so I may take the best draft pick I can get...

In the first preseason I lost 20-10 to the Broncos. I used the new key moments sim. Frankly.... I hate it! You have no real control. It's great in the Show but not in Madden.

Also, I switched to a 4-3 from a 3-4 and yet again...sloppy Madden. When you go to schemes you are still set as what your previous coach had (eg. 2 mlb and 2 NT) rather than a 4-3 scheme. This issue has never been addressed in the several years of CFM.

With the decision to try and move Cutler and having Hoyer and Fales as QB's on the roster, I decided to sign Jeff Tuel, former WSU Cougar. Tuel will battle it out for a roster spot.

Tuel was actually decent vs. The Broncos going 19/30 for 186 yards 1 td and 1 int. The Bears are not a strong team and he didn't get much help. It was cool to hear the announcers say "this guy was on the couch last week and now he's running the two minute offence."

Hmm. I like the Play the Moments (is that what it's calls?) feature. I won't use it, I don't believe, but I think it is done well. One side bonus to using the feature: OL injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hmm. I like the Play the Moments (is that what it's calls?) feature. I won't use it, I don't believe, but I think it is done well. One side bonus to using the feature: OL injuries!
    I think the intent is good but the execution is lacking. For example in my last game I played six plays in the first half and five were on D. The one offensive play I completed a 3rd and long to get into Bronco territory and then the drive was over for me.

2 questions:

Can you play in Coach Mode in a coach franchise?

Can you set the games to CPU vs. CPU in owner mode and just do the GM stuff?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    2 questions:

Can you play in Coach Mode in a coach franchise?

Can you set the games to CPU vs. CPU in owner mode and just do the GM stuff?
    You can sim everything, while watching, (meaning the CPU plays everything and you're watching the play in real time) in a franchise. You have to manually change it every game, but it is MOST DEFINITELY doable, which is really damn cool.

Madden 17 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    You can sim everything, while watching, (meaning the CPU plays everything and you're watching the play in real time) in a franchise. You have to manually change it every game, but it is MOST DEFINITELY doable, which is really damn cool.
    When you say sim everything, do you mean watching the bar graphs or watching the actual game play out after putting the controllers in the neutral slot before the game?

Edit: I see you edited your post so my post makes less sense. My apologies.

When you say sim everything, do you mean watching the bar graphs or watching the actual game play out after putting the controllers in the neutral slot before the game?

Edit: I see you edited your post so my post makes less sense. My apologies.
    No problem, but to clarify, yeah, it's basically coach mode. You can set it to where the QB will throw the ball and such as long as you don't touch the controller. You can either have it where you call the plays, like actual coach mode or you can just have it sim games while watching the actual action like you'd be watching an actual game of football.

Madden 17 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No problem, but to clarify, yeah, it's basically coach mode. You can set it to where the QB will throw the ball and such as long as you don't touch the controller. You can either have it where you call the plays, like actual coach mode or you can just have it sim games while watching the actual action like you'd be watching an actual game of football.
    I'm really interested in doing an Owner Mode franchise where I do all the owner/GM stuff and not play the actual game. I know that may sound weird to buy a game to not play but I've always been able to win Super Bowls or BCS championships easily after awhile due to "stick skillz" compensating for team weaknesses but I'd think it would be cool to earn a championship through decision-making alone.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-28-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Will start one of these soon. Trade AI isn't good so people shouldn't try to rape the CPU. I guess it was pretty easy to try and get deals for Aaron Rodgers. Also, free agents really want their desired length of contract and may not sign for ANY money if you try to drop it.

I'm really interested in doing an Owner Mode franchise where I do all the owner/GM stuff and not play the actual game. I know that may sound weird to buy a game to not play but I've always been able to win Super Bowls or BCS championships easily after awhile due to "stick skillz" compensating for team weaknesses but I'd think it would be cool to earn a championship through decision-making alone.
    Totally understand. That's always been my issue too, but, at the same time, I hate the demoralization of getting annihilated every game on settings that are too hard for me or feel cheaty because the CPU feels psychic.

Apparently there's an issue with Connected Franchises online where the CPU makes a bunch of crazy roster moves with the CPU controlled teams at the very beginning of the season before the very first preseason game and there's no way to stop them from doing it. You end up having to just reverse them all if any of the changes were made on a team that was going to be human controlled. It's pretty crappy.

Apparently certain players (eg. Will Hill) automatically get injured in the 1st week of preseason. In my chise he's out for 29 weeks.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-28-2016 at 11:32 AM.

That's why I'm not going with Miami and using an unknown team I can live with issues easier. Need to start my Rams franchise soon.

Started a Ram franchise and am losing 21-0 at half to the 49ers.ive thrown three ints (two bad ones) and Goff has low confidence missing a couple easy passes. Goff also fumbled once.

I have always hated the merger of franchise and my player. The stupid goals and drive goals and XP drive me nuts. I don't even want to see it. I hate the menus. The "quick" depth chart sucks. At least I realized I can use a sub menu to find the real depth chart. Didn't look for formation subs but they aren't available in- game. Must be somewhere under manage team and only in franchise. Not sure.

I loved the twitter feed when it was added a few years ago but now it's buried under news and feels static. It used to scroll with news like a ticker iirc and now it's as though they might as well get rid of it. Signing free agents looks odd too because the Madden team is obsessed with huge graphic boxes rather than simple lists which are easier to read and use. I'm sure I will get used to it but all the menus and submenus are annoying.

I had my injury slider set at 60 for playing in game. Well do NOT use that in franchise. I think it affects the Sim numbers because after swimming two preseason games I had almost ten guys hurt. My roster is bleaker than normal. I put it back down to 50. I hate how EA removes my injured players from my depth chart. Don't touch! Especially on a team that I don't know well I know I'm going to forget to put someone back in. I set cpu control to off so don't touch! I'm not sure if I have control over putting a guy on IR either. Some of those guys I would like to. Help?

In many ways I think it would be nice to just have a season mode with a draft at the end. I do like scouting and the off season stuff (haven't tried that yet) but there is too much filler for me with some stuff. I'd like to be able to remove some things and just have them auto simmed all the time and never show up in my menu again.

I did like the ability in cut down days to move a player to my practice squad. It isnt very realistic since you shouldn't be able to do that until after the final cut but it's nice to have a practice squad I guess.

I will say I didn't think the Play the Moment stuff would be useful but I can totally see it being used by guys just trying to get through a season quickly and not playing every minute. I don't normally do that in year one but definitely later on.

Well franchise mode is more comfortable after two games. The Manage Team menu has the old depth charts and free agent signings which is more comfortable to me. And even though I really don't like the cpu adjusting my depth chart for injured players (don't touch!) they do a good job with their alerts during the weekly "To Do List" of players that are now eligible to come back or players that I have to choose whether to start or start their backup.

I lost my first game on the road 35-3 and threw 6 INTs. The cpu gobbled up every bad decision and pass. I then beat the Seahawks at home 35-10. I hope this is a coincidence and not some hidden strong home field advantage in franchise. Way too early to say either way.

It shows I have about two players that want to talk contract every week. I negotiated with two players and it also shows some more eligible for next week but I can't talk to them yet. I scouted some players too which is the same as last year I think. For injured players you can click on them and move them to IR on their player card. And I figured out formation subs is under the Coach options which include auto subs.

Gaudin does a good job of announcing in franchise. He notes rookies and he also noted the first TDs rushing and passing for the Rams back in LA. Noted the first career TD pass of Goff. Stuff like that is nice.

Last edited by Rudy; 08-29-2016 at 07:39 AM.

I fired up a player franchise last night. First, way too easy to improve. I made my guy an undrafted QB, started mid to high 60s OVR. Now, it may be because of being on the Broncos with QBs that have 74, 72 and 60-something for their OVRs, but just by simply getting gold medals (1800 points) in the preseason training drills, I was already a 74 OVR and actually ended up the starting QB by week 2 of the regular season.

They also need to badly work on coaching logic in player franchises. In my first game starting against Indianapolis, despite throwing 3 touchdown passes and 344 yards, I also threw 8 bloody interceptions, including 5 interceptions in the first half! And yet despite all those interceptions, there was seemingly never intention to pull me from the game, even as we went on to lose to the Colts 31-23.

After my third interception, there should have been some way of showing the coach considering pulling me, if not straight pulling me then and there. For sure after 5 damn interceptions in the first half, I should have been riding the bench coming out of halftime. It also made no difference week three, I'm still listed as the starter against the Bengals.

I may need to start over, but this time just save up my XP and not spend it in the first season so I remain the third stringer all year. Then spend some XP season two so I bump up only to second stringer. Granted, as I said, being on the Broncos with such low rated QBs probably screws it up. If I was on a roster with a starting QB rated high 80s or low to mid 90s, I'd probably achieve the same effect, but still be able to improve my QB every few weeks without fear of jumping to the starting spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is there a way like a Roster Breakdown to see how many players are on your roster without counting them yourself? I don't know if I have 48 players or 53 or what.

In this Chargers Franchise I'm doing, I don't really care but when I start a Steelers one with opening day rosters, I'm going to want to be sure that my roster is full at all times.