Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    how long did it take you to figure that out? it was obvious as soon as the SB was over and even before, that this year would be filler material.

theyll still win 7 or 8 games though
    Oh go suck on a goat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    They're going suck. I honestly think TB will be 3rd in the division and the Saints 4th. They're way to dependent on Drew Brees doing everything (like Luck and the Colts). Sean Payton seems to despise running the ball with Ingram. It's time the people around here stop living in the past of SB 44 and realize that time is gone. Brees maybe great but he can't LeBron the team to victory.
    To be fair Pittsburgh did and likely will do that against majority of the teams they face this year. Even one as great as the Broncos secondary found out last year.

And the Butt Fumble experiment has fallen on its face. Broncos trying to trade Sanchez, may release him today or tomorrow if they can't. This season is gonna be a dumpster fire.

I thought signing Sanchez was smart. Still an inexpensive veteran backup. Why cut him? They are lucky they didn't trade for Kaep.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Guys on ESPN radio last night were talking about it. Apparently they REALLY like Trevor Siemian. It'll be interesting to say the least what happens. Honestly, I never subscribed to the vet backup philosophy, especially so when that vet is Sanchez and you aren't going to learn shit from him being on your bench.

The good thing about a veteran backup QB is they can help the starter AND they also don't need many reps to be ready during the year. The first string QB gets most snaps during the season so a rookie backup will have a harder time coming in to replace the starter if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I thought signing Sanchez was smart. Still an inexpensive veteran backup. Why cut him? They are lucky they didn't trade for Kaep.
    Inexpensive, yes, but he has been largely useless in the preseason. When a rookie and a QB who has zero regular season starts, hell zero regular season pass attempts, are first and second on the depth chart over that inexpensive veteran, the veteran is pretty much useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Guys on ESPN radio last night were talking about it. Apparently they REALLY like Trevor Siemian. It'll be interesting to say the least what happens. Honestly, I never subscribed to the vet backup philosophy, especially so when that vet is Sanchez and you aren't going to learn shit from him being on your bench.
    Yeah, the Broncos announced today that Trevor Siemian will be the starter week one against the Panthers. He's gonna be the first QB with 0 regular season pass attempts to start week 1 for the defending Super Bowl champs.

Bosa signs with the Chargers. This whole thing was so stupid. San Diego looks cheap. Asking for a deferred bonus and offset when no other number 3 pick had done that was dumb. And historically top five picks don't get cut early so offset is so meaningless. Instead you have a team and player with a lot of bad blood and a fan base that was trashing him.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    To be fair Pittsburgh did and likely will do that against majority of the teams they face this year. Even one as great as the Broncos secondary found out last year.
    Trust me, my critique has 0 to due with that preseason game vs. the Steelers and everything to do with the fact that the Saints are just terrible.

Trust me, my critique has 0 to due with that preseason game vs. the Steelers and everything to do with the fact that the Saints are just terrible.
    Well I mean't your Defense may not be as bad

The Offense should be fine as long as Brees is protected and Ingram healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh go suck on a goat.

lol well, thats a new one!

you'll be sorry you said that

No I won't

2016 NFL Discussion

Sorry. Double post.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-30-2016 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Double post

Shit, I'm gonna be waiting a long ass time. Just got an email update from the Broncos. I'm only #35,960 on the waiting list for Broncos season tickets.

Maybe by 2050.....

Shit, I'm gonna be waiting a long ass time. Just got an email update from the Broncos. I'm only #35,960 on the waiting list for Broncos season tickets.

Maybe by 2050.....

Do you think living in Ohio has anything to do with it?

Do you think living in Ohio has anything to do with it?
    Nah, where I live doesn't have anything to do with it, it's just near impossible to get season tickets, such a tiny number ever become available each year. The list is first come, first served based on order that you registered. I only signed up maybe 6 or 7 years ago, gone up from 41,000 when I signed up and registered on the waiting list to 36,000.

I could probably have Jaguars season tickets tomorrow.

Teams like Broncos, Packers, probably Steelers, with extremely loyal fan bases, hell, season tickets are practically considered inheritance items, passed down in families over the years and generations, hence why so few season tickets are newly available to be purchased every year.

I can assure you, yes, the waiting list for the Steelers is ridiculous. They've sold out every home game since 1970.

Maybe by 2050.....

That's too funny. Three years ago, a rep from the Oakland Raiders contacted me to buy a season ticket package. He actually called me two years in a row. I was trying to explain to him that I lived in another country and was 2.5 hours away by plane. I guess he was desperate to sell his quota?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    That's too funny. Three years ago, a rep from the Oakland Raiders contacted me to buy a season ticket package. He actually called me two years in a row. I was trying to explain to him that I lived in another country and was 2.5 hours away by plane. I guess he was desperate to sell his quota?
    That got me wondering, so I went and looked. According to Wikipedia, quite a few teams have waiting lists of 30,000+.

Bears - 8,900+ names - 30+ years expected wait time

Broncos - 60,000+ names - 10-15 years

Packers - 123,000+ names - 30+ years wait

Saints have 70,000+ names, Patriots have 60,000+ names.

Here's the full list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_se...#Waiting_lists