Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Saints didn't make the playoffs. I won the bet against Ram. 6 more months added onto his time served.

Crazy how a local knows more about the local ball club than someone 2 time zones away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playoff schedule announced.

WILD-CARD ROUND

Saturday, Jan. 7
    AFC: No. 5 Oakland Raiders at No. 4 Houston Texans (4:35 p.m., ESPN/ABC)
    NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions at No. 3 Seattle Seahawks (8:15 p.m., NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 8
    AFC: No. 6 Miami Dolphins at No. 3 Pittsburgh Steelers (1:05 p.m., CBS)
    NFC: No. 5 New York Giants at No. 4 Green Bay Packers (4:40 p.m., FOX)

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saturday, Jan. 14
    NFC: Packers/Giants/Seahawks at No. 2 Atlanta Falcons (4:35 p.m., FOX)
    AFC: Texans/Raiders/Dolphins at No. 1 New England Patriots (8:15 p.m., CBS)

Sunday, Jan. 15
    AFC: Steelers/Texans/Raiders at No. 2 Kansas City Chiefs (1:15 p.m., NBC)
    NFC: Packers/Lions/Giants at No. 1 Dallas Cowboys (4:40 p.m., FOX)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Sunday, Jan. 22
    NFC Championship Game: Packers/Lions/Giants/Cowboys winner vs. Packers/Giants/Seahawks/Falcons winner, 3:05 p.m. (FOX)
    AFC Championship Game: Texans/Raiders/Dolphins/Patriots winner vs. Steelers/Texans/Raiders/Chiefs winner, 6:40 p.m. (CBS)

SUPER BOWL LI

Sunday, Feb. 5 AFC winner vs. NFC winner, 6:30 p.m. (FOX)

Who do you have emerging?

Dolphins biggest underdog next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    SB, I think the Saints will be ok.

Tough game against New York next week, but at worst I see them at 2-2 going into the Bye. Even if the Defense doesn't improve, I see that Offense being difficult to stop by either of the upcoming teams about to face. Especially the Falcons who allowed Winston a career day.
    Well Bill I was wrong about the Saints...they weren't ok lol

Was right about not many being able to stop their Offense and Brees though haha.

Finished
    1st in Team Yardage per game
    1st in Total Pass Yards per game
    2nd in Total Points (behind Atlanta)
    2nd in Points per game (behind Atlanta)
    1st in First Downs per game
    1st in 3rd Down conversion pct
    2nd in 4th Down conversion pct

Good gracious judging off that you would think they wouldn't have lost a game...but then taking a gander at that Defense. They had trouble stopping a parked car.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well Bill I was wrong about the Saints...they weren't ok lol

Was right about not many being able to stop their Offense and Brees though haha.

Finished
    1st in Team Yardage per game
    1st in Total Pass Yards per game
    2nd in Total Points (behind Atlanta)
    2nd in Points per game (behind Atlanta)
    1st in First Downs per game
    1st in 3rd Down conversion pct
    2nd in 4th Down conversion pct

Good gracious judging off that you would think they wouldn't have lost a game...but then taking a gander at that Defense. They had trouble stopping a parked car.
    The defense would automatically be better if the Saints attempted to run the ball more often. The D sucks but passing the ball all the time keeps the defense on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was ugly. Miami didn't force a punt until the fourth quarter. I thought they had a chance to keep it close until Moore fumbled on those possessions around halftime. Steelers pass rush harassed Moore pretty good. But Dolphins defence was terrible. Couldn't get Ajayi going either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That was ugly. Miami didn't force a punt until the fourth quarter. I thought they had a chance to keep it close until Moore fumbled on those possessions around halftime. Steelers pass rush harassed Moore pretty good. But Dolphins defence was terrible. Couldn't get Ajayi going either.
    It was ugly. Pittsburgh had their way.

It's off to Arrowhead now. The Steelers crushed KC at Heinz Field on SNF 43-14 in Week 4. That means about as much as the Dolphins home win over Pittsburgh in Week 6, at this point.

Arrowhead is a VERY tough place to play but I think the Steelers have a good chance to pull out a win there. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep reading about blow out loss to Green Bay by the Giants but the Giants could have easily won that game. Yes, the final score is a blow out score but there were a few plays that were crucial in that game. OBJ dropping a TD pass and another crucial 3rd down conversion cost the Giants quite a few points. The Hail Mary at the end of the half sucked too. And the Giants kick returner catching the ball and going out of bounds at the 5? Are you an idiot? That 38-13 game could have been a Giants victory if some of them hadn't been too stupid.

Those WRs of the Giants shouldn't have been partying in Miami. Not sure how big a deal that was from a game prep standpoint but it's the perception that fuels a lot of crap. Same thing happened with Romo in Mexico with Jessica Simpson and that was on a bye week for him! Bill Parcells told Phil Simms to always be a leader. If that means walking across the weight room with film and then locking a room door shut and napping he was happy. Perception and leadership are required sometimes.

LA didn't even want the Rams, now they get the Chargers, too.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-11-2017 at 09:08 PM.

The One franchise they do want is the Raiders and they are heading to Vegas? The NFL is great at only caring about money.

First thing, since I'm catching up from a month and a half ago, while they got bent over by the Steelers last weekend, congrats Rudy on Miami making the playoffs. Hopefully the Dolphins can build on this season and start contending in the future.

I knew when the Broncos lost to the Chiefs on SNF back on November 27th that they were eliminated. It may have taken until Christmas weekend for all the official sources and sites to eliminate them, but with games against the Patriots, Chiefs and Raiders still to go after that night, I knew they had no chance and considered them eliminated after that night.

Considering they then went and added a loss to the Titans two weeks later (after barely beating Jacksonville), I was right! They were dead in the water after that Chiefs game.

Only thing I'm pissed about is they then go and beat the Raiders last game of the season and screw their draft pick number.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So myself and Rudy have been discussing the new Chargers logo on Twitter.

Rudy likes it, I'm not that fond of it, I think someone went the super lazy route and just tacked a lightning bolt onto the LA Dodgers logo.

Based on a solid blue and white logo, I assume the Chargers are abandoning their current color scheme (Rudy mentioned something about them considering rebranding) and going with a blue and white color scheme in LA.

I do like the logo.

I think this whole scenario is terrible. The Chargers fans are pissed and LA doesn't want them either. The Spanos family is awful! I wouldn't cut those losers any public money either. San Diego is the #17 TV market. But the NFL loves to have at least one target destination to twist other cities into giving them public money.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So myself and Rudy have been discussing the new Chargers logo on Twitter.

Rudy likes it, I'm not that fond of it, I think someone went the super lazy route and just tacked a lightning bolt onto the LA Dodgers logo.

Based on a solid blue and white logo, I assume the Chargers are abandoning their current color scheme (Rudy mentioned something about them considering rebranding) and going with a blue and white color scheme in LA.

I thought the Rams wanted to go back to the classic blue and white jerseys? If so, both teams with the same colour scheme?

I'm not a Chargers fan but I think this is a sad day. The Chargers belong in San Diego just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. The fans of San Diego deserve better and the "fans" of LA don't deserve the Chargers.

Next season is gonna be funny as hell. Chargers playing in a tiny ass 30,000 seat stadium that'll probably be filled with more Raider fans than actual Charger fans. I might have to Sunday Ticket just to watch that shit show every week and laugh.