Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony to sell PS4 Slim & NEO

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    PS4 Pro will support 4K streaming services, including updated Netflix app. YouTube also developing app.

Every PS4 will HDR capable via firmware update next week.
    4K streaming yes but it will not have a 4K player built in.

So $299 for the slim. Is that the same price? Hard to tell with the exchange difference. Nice to see PS4 PRO (I prefer ps4k) out this year. An extra $100 isn't too bad. That thing is probably $550 over here.

With so many streaming things for 4k and no 4k player I'm not sure how valuable that part is but if games are produced in 4k that would be cool. I'd like to read impressions on it.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-07-2016 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Games in 4k? I ne d to see to believe

Roughly the same price. The slim is 500GB. The current PS4 500GB model is $349 but is bundled with a game.

What is upsetting most people is that the Xbox One S (which can be bought for $299.99) includes a 4K-Blu Ray player. The specs are also a little underwhelming based on what the Xbox Scorpio has planned.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-07-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Specs for all three PS4 systems

PS4 Original

PS4 Slim

PS4 Pro

Last edited by bdoughty; 09-07-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Roughly the same price. The slim is 500GB. The current PS4 500GB model is $349 but is bundled with a game.

What is upsetting most people is that the Xbox One S (which can be bought for $299.99) includes a 4K-Blu Ray player. The specs are also a little underwhelming based on what the Xbox Scorpio has planned.
    What? I didn't realize the One S actually had a 4k blu ray player. I just picked up a 4k TV. I'd love to see a 4k movie soon. The One S can't do games though in 4k. That is reserved for Scorpio I believe. That's disappointing Sony didn't include one.

EB games Canada is listing ps4 pro at $499 over here which is nicer. The current model is still $429 when you can buy a basic One for $299 with a game on sale right now. Huge gap. Too big imo.

I don't see me picking up any new console soon though. Things can change as it would be nice to have a second one for myself as my kids are on it all the time. Some of my sons friends are big xbox people.

I preordered a Pro. Gotta get all my gud grafix in Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I preordered a Pro. Gotta get all my gud grafix in Mass Effect.
    Good for you, man. I'm glad to see you'll be joining the next generation.

Now the question becomes this - are you ready for some Friday the 13th?

Chi-chi-chi-chi, ah-ah-ah-ah

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Chi-chi-chi-chi, ah-ah-ah-ah
    Technically, Ki-ki-ki, ma-ma-ma but right on.

Don't get the 4k need until it is a mainstay in development and television. Maybe I'm getting old.
    The dude abides.

JB, almost all of the larger tvs are made with 4k now. There are still cheaper panels but the price of 4k has dropped and honestly I think every single new TV will have it in a year or so. It's really close to mainstream in production. The lack of content is definitely slowing it. The Blue Jays are broadcast in 4k but only on a cable network I can't get. I don't think 4k is going to work via satellite. I think streaming and fibre optic services will explode with this stuff.