Thread: NHL 17 - World Cup of Hockey Trailer

• Facebook
  • Display

NHL 17 - World Cup of Hockey Trailer

I have to laugh that EA touts this is a ‘first time ever’ addition.
    They’ve had international tournaments in there before. Maybe not World Cup (which is what they’re hanging their hat on), but now we’re just splitting hairs.

What boggles my mind is why EA goes to so much effort to include all these junior and international leagues, teams and events, and yet fails to incorporate them into their Franchise or BAP modes.
    I read what FIFA has and it’s insane. Why can’t their NHL team do the same?
    Allow me to start as a coach in the OHL and eventually work my way to the NHL.
    If I’m a good enough coach, maybe I’m asked to coach Team Canada at the World Jrs and eventually the Olympics and World Cup.
    If I’m bad, then maybe I get fired from an NHL gig and I’m forced to coach in Zurich or Moscow, or the ECHL.

I’d love to know the reasoning behind this omission.
    Is it because the devs don’t have enough time? Is it because the NHL is c***-blocking this endeavor because, afterall, the game is NHL 2017, not Hockey 2017 or IIHF 2017.

Regardless, I really hope that we get the same kind of international inclusion in the NHL game as there is in FIFA.
    It’s long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    What boggles my mind is why EA goes to so much effort to include all these junior and international leagues, teams and events, and yet fails to incorporate them into their Franchise or BAP modes.
    NBA 2K has the same issue with Euroleague teams (and NBDL in the past) as basically Play Now teams, but exclusion from career or single player modes. It's really headscratching and frustrating to see them leave something very potentially cool on the sidelines.