Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Wait until you get past Eos. The galaxy opens up and your adventure really gets going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's where I'm at now. Eos. Maybe a mission or two deep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's where I'm at now. Eos. Maybe a mission or two deep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I've 100% four planets so far. Here are some tips.

1) The only mandatory thing to do on a planet is to unlock the main Remnant vault. Don't feel like you have to do everything (but do everything )
    2) Don't buy weapons and armor. Craft them. While the crafted things have the exact same stats as store bought and looted weapons, crafted stuff can have augments that make them better overall.
    3) Deconstruct all the weapons that you aren't using. You'll need the materials.
    4) Get good at Sudoku
    5) Don't spread your points out as you level up. You're better off picking a main 3 at first and getting all the passives. You can also respec your points in Dr. Lexi's med bay (at the cost of credits). Make sure that you have at least 1 primer and 1 detonator in your list of skills. If a power can do both, that's even better.

Last edited by souljahbill; 03-28-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks!
    The dude abides.

I beat it last night at exactly 100 hours and 95% completion. Gonna fire up NG+, play as the other twin, and go trophy hunting.

Glad you liked it. I will pick this game up in a month or two. I'm sure some patches will iron some things out while I play my other games.

An ex developer claims EA told their staff not to work on the human faces because they said they were fine and wanted to work on other stuff. I don't get the political correctness in this tweet though.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/848508052831518720

I don't know how JB feels about it but the facial animations are a bigger deal on the internet than they are in the game. They could definitely be better but they aren't nearly as terrible as the internet would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I don't know how JB feels about it but the facial animations are a bigger deal on the internet than they are in the game. They could definitely be better but they aren't nearly as terrible as the internet would have you believe.

Doesn't bother me at all.

I'm hooked on this game! Eos is at 76% viability and I've been spending a ton of time talking to my crew, and doing missions on the Nexus, but am about ready to embark on whatever the next planet is I choose.
    The dude abides.

I'm almost finished playthrough number 2. My first go round was as Scott and this 2nd one was as Sara. When I finish with this one, I'm gonna start the Insanity run. I spent a good deal of this run investing in the weapons, armor, and skills that I want to use for the Insanity playthrough.

Last edited by souljahbill; 04-15-2017 at 09:41 AM.

That's a lot of time. When is the next patch coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That's a lot of time. When is the next patch coming out?
    Last I checked, the hour count was 175 hours. I have no idea when the next patch is coming out. Reading the initial post on what the patches were going to be, I don't need to wait for it. The game isn't broken. Whatever it is, it's more of a refinement patch, not a fix patch.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 04-15-2017 at 12:23 PM.

On sale for $C49.99. That's $30 off already over here. I may jump on this as it won't be a lot cheaper until the fall. Not on sale at US BB.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/produc...=&sku=10295150

On sale for $C49.99. That's $30 off already over here. I may jump on this as it won't be a lot cheaper until the fall. Not on sale at US BB.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/produc...=&sku=10295150
    $30 off is always s good deal. I preordered the $70 Deluxe version on N7 Day from Amazon for $48. Definitely don't regret buying the game at that price.

I played for just over an hour tonight. My biggest criticism is the inability to save. I remembered reading that and it IS annoying. I've gotten killed a few times and this last time I lost 10-15 minutes. I had killed some aliens, then found a ship and explored it. Came out, got ambushed and now I have to find the ship again. That's just stupid. I hate checkpoint systems that are long like that.

I do like the story so far. I have no clue about the weapons stuff I'm picking up. The game only teaches to hold L2 and then shoot with R2 but it never explained L1 which is apparently shotgun? The weapon wheel reminds me of DAI but I'm not sure what to use or the incendiary pack or something.

I like mini maps! Not a fan of the Skyrim direction thing that HZD and ME uses. I greatly prefer DAI. They should have mapped a short cut to the dpad like DAI (left). Hitting option then X to get the full map could be quicker.

Either way I'm intrigued and lost at the same time. I'm pretty bad at combat though. It almost feels first person as suddenly a creature appears and I have no clue where I'm being attacked from lol.

I've never played Mass Effect. As a newb is this a good entry point or should I save my money and play Mass Effect 2/3 on EA Access? The reviews (not just facial scans) are pretty bad across the board in regards to gameplay mechanics, lack of saves, repetitive quests, sloppy physics, wonky graphics, etc.

I wouldn't say the reviews are bad. I think the game got 75-78 on metacritic. The game was the butt of many jokes over facial expressions and maybe it failed to meet the hype but I think mediocre reviews are more in line.

I'm a newbie myself but I won't be playing the older games.

Is there a way to zoom out the camera more? Sometimes it feels like an FPS because I can't see that much around me.

Also, what goes on with health? Does it auto regenerate or can I get something to heal during battle?

Just figured out the jump and fist smash move. This game certainly doesn't explain itself to you. Much like most RPGs I expect to be confused a lot at the beginning. I still don't know exactly what L1 does.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-25-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I've never played Mass Effect. As a newb is this a good entry point or should I save my money and play Mass Effect 2/3 on EA Access? The reviews (not just facial scans) are pretty bad across the board in regards to gameplay mechanics, lack of saves, repetitive quests, sloppy physics, wonky graphics, etc.
    You don't need to play the original trilogy (but it's always recommended). This game is a soft reboot of the series. You'll miss out on some Easter eggs and callbacks but nothing that'll effect the main story.

It didn't get bad reviews. The reviews seemed bad based off of people's expectations. People were expecting a 9.5 game and got a 7.5 game instead. Some of that criticism was legit but a lot of it was bandwagon internet overreaction so it seemed worse than it actually was. Plus, people are comparing 1 game vs. 3 prior games and wearing a lot of rose-colored glasses about how "perfect" the first 3 games were. People seem to have forgotten that the main reason everyone loved ME2 was that it was a DRASTIC improvement over ME1 in terms of gun gameplay (although ME1 told a FAR superior story).

Is there a way to zoom out the camera more? Sometimes it feels like an FPS because I can't see that much around me.

Also, what goes on with health? Does it auto regenerate or can I get something to heal during battle?

Just figured out the jump and fist smash move. This game certainly doesn't explain itself to you. Much like most RPGs I expect to be confused a lot at the beginning. I still don't know exactly what L1 does.
    L1, R1, and L1+R1 are your powers/skills. Check your skills in the pause (Options) menu.

No, you can't zoom out. This is the closest the camera has ever been during combat in the series. It was explained by the developers that it was intentional to put you into the combat and make it more frantic, especially in wide open areas.

Health is 3 sections. It only auto-regenerates in the section it's in. Not the whole thing unless you find a health box. It looks like an ammo box, only its red. You can get a passive that allows you to regenerate health by using a tech power in the Tech tree.

I have a feeling RPGs will be terrible at explaining how all their systems work until the end of time.

I think the story has been solid so far (I just got to the Nexus). The one review that totally trashed the first 5 hours of the game was very off base imo. I'm getting used to jumping, being able to hover in the air and using circle to slide. But I need to figure these powers out. The UI in terms of journals and inventory management is not good imo. But learning those systems has always sucked initially (DAI, W3, HZD, etc).
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-25-2017 at 06:49 AM.

I just spent 1.5 hours yesterday morning just wandering the Nexus (it's huge, need to figure out where everything is - a lot like Skyhold in DAI), talking to people, trying to solve a murder case and trying to solve the problem of who is sabotaging the equipment. Finally got to my Tempest (ship) and quit for the day.

This morning I checked out some of my skills and bought a shotgun. I added the shockwave, the shield thing and a bomb thing and removed concussion from my active skills. Not sure if that was wise or not but that's what I did to my skills. Almost scared to spend more of my points to upgrade in case I'm picking the wrong things.

I was wandering EOS and this game easily confuses me. Wasn't sure if I could drive through the radiation with the Rover. Of course I accidentally extracted myself from the Rover directly to the Tempest and flew back to the space station since I didn't realize how to get out of the Rover and thought the triangle did it (still not 100% sure how to get out of the Rover). So I had back to EOS and can't find the Rover. Didn't know I had to summon it from a work station. Ugh. I spend a lot of time not accomplishing a whole lot lol.