Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm guessing so. It took me quite awhile to figure out how to exactly improve certain armour and weapons in DAI too. After awhile it became easy but the learning curve for certain things in RPGs is overly daunting for newcomers.

Did you finish the Trespasser DLC story line in DAI?

DAI Crafting help:
    Spoiler: show

CRAFTING - To upgrade weapons or armour you must switch to the character who has the weapon/armour equipped at the modify station (Haven, Skyhold or select camps/keeps). If nobody is using a weapon or piece of armour then anyone can upgrade them. To create new weapons or armour you need to find schematics or buy them at merchants.
    Runes can be created through crafting (if you have the design) and then used to upgrade weapons. You can replace an old rune on a weapon with a better one but that will destroy the older rune. They give you a boost in a specific category like killing Dragons, Demons (demons/undead), or doing extra damage in fire, electricity, ice or spirit. Some confusion - Corrupting Rune does extra damage against “living” things (humanoids, beasts, and animals). Cleansing Rune does extra damage against “corrupted” things (red templars and darkspawn).

Armour – Some armour can be worn by any class but many have restrictions. Heavy armour is for warriors, medium for rogues and light for mages. Armour can have their arms and legs upgraded. Apprentice/Mage/Enchanter are light armour upgrades for mages. Scout/Hunter/Prowler are medium armour upgrades for rogues. Defender/Vanguard/Battlemaster are heavy armour upgrades for warriors.

Not yet. I put in a lot of hours in a short time so I had to take a break. I just "played" a season of Madden as a palate cleanser. I'll get back to before ME:A releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized that I never mentioned this. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition back on N7 day. It's the $69.99 version but I got it on sale from Amazon for $47.99.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just have the Standard version. Unless I love the game and want to play online I won't need the upgrades.

I just have the Standard version. Unless I love the game and want to play online I won't need the upgrades.
    My primary reason for getting the deluxe version (besides being a fanatic) was getting access to those exclusive weapons. I got the special edition of ME3 which also came with exclusive weapons. Bioware included them in multiplayer but never released them in single player. They were arguably the best weapons in the game or at the very least, in the top 3 in every weapon class.

New trailer coming today
    https://youtu.be/lpXv6N3b_30

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC) - March 21, 2017

Man, I'm so pumped for this! I know I'm going to play through this at least twice. At least once with BroRyder and at least once with SisRyder. Going by how I played the previous games, I already know I'll do no less than 2 playthroughs with each. I'll always romance Liam with Sis and Cora with Bro as I never liked interspecies banging in ME games. I did have my Vanguard romance Liara through the trilogy but that's only because it was written into the lore that Asari have magic mind sex powers that all species in the universe find irresistible. Once you could start banging Turians, Quarians, and Drell, I think the series went into pandering/fanfic territory. Also, now that melee weapons are a thing, I'll squeal like a schoolgirl if the Omni shield from ME3 multiplayer is an option. I absolutely LOVED smacking the shit out of enemies with that thing in multiplayer. I really can't contain my excitement for this game!

Last edited by cdj; 01-26-2017 at 07:16 PM. Reason: embedded video

Good is an understatement! That looks amazing! When the player jet packed, hovered, cyrobeamed, and then biotic charged........that was beautiful! I'm sure I said it somewhere before but my favorite thing to do since ME2 has been to freeze enemies and then blast them with a shotgun. Now it may become freeze and then KROGAN HAMMER into a million pieces! Oh man does this game look amazing!

This game will be a massive difference from For Honour.

There was a lot of info released today but I'm not reading. Spoilers. But here are details if you want to read: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ma...pace-epic.aspx

I'm not reading either. I did watch Part II of the gameplay series
    https://youtu.be/d3q_Nd5arZM
    And the video of Margaery Tyrell as Dr. Lexi
    https://youtu.be/erJhJEewCgM

I like the different load out options. Gives you 12 options in the field although you have to pause between the three sets and only use 4 at a time. In DAI you had 8 plus a basic move through using L2. I often wanted more of my moves mapped to the controller but you had 9 abilities without pausing. Not crazy about the pausing but I do like the cool down penalty.

I wish DAI let you do that for the rogue so you could switch between archer and daggers. ME is a lot more flexible in character builds and the moves look cool. I'm getting pretty excited for this game. For some reason I think Horizon may end up third between this and For Honor.

Unless this game is super buggy or glitchy, this is already my GotY. This looks amazing!
    https://youtu.be/Ts9WLMSAYVE

I'm doing my final run through the Trilogy. I'm already done with ME1 and I'm on ME2. I can get through 2 and 3 before the 16th when early access hits. This game will be so massive that I'm not even sure when I'll even get to play MP after release. It has all the signs of a 100+ hour time sink because I'm a completionist. After the 21st, I may never be seen or heard from again.

This game does look great and I never played the others. Big problem for me though. I'm still playing For Honor and haven't even started on Horizon Zero Dawn. There is no way I can complete that game before ME comes out. Not sure if I should put off Horizon or delay ME and do Horizon first. First world problems.

This game does look great and I never played the others. Big problem for me though. I'm still playing For Honor and haven't even started on Horizon Zero Dawn. There is no way I can complete that game before ME comes out. Not sure if I should put off Horizon or delay ME and do Horizon first. First world problems.
    I want Horizon too. It's now on my Christmas list if I never get to it. I didn't think I could pull off both games in such a short span. I still need to do Trespasser DLC from DAI as well.

Here are some pics that I screen-shotted from the Nexus IGN video. These aren't really spoilers. It's pics of the R&D/crafting system and the DAI-esque perks. I used the spoiler tag because it's 17 pics.
    Spoiler: show

Launch Trailer
    https://youtu.be/X6PJEmEHIaY