Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC) - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The combat in that trailer looked really good. Jet packs, guns, shields and I think one trailer showed fire. Sounds like a lot of options. I need combat to be fun in RPGs or I can't deal with the tedious aspects of those types of games. Is this combat similar to previous games in the series? It sort of looks like Destiny in third person which would be a good thing imo.
    I can't speak on how close it is to Destiny but the series has always been a 3rd person cover based shooter a la Uncharted and Gears of War. The shooter mechanics were wonky in ME1 but were so much better in ME2 that I recall many outlets made it the GotY. ME3's combat was easily the best and I can tell that this combat is a refined version of the combat from the ME3 MP. There were 6 different classes in the series that each have a different playstyle. The trailer featured the Vanguard class heavily and its trademark power, Biotic Charge and the end of the trailer showed a glimpse of the Infiltrator and its trademark power, tactical cloak (the invisible sniper). My favorite class is the Sentinel which is a hybrid is the Adept and Engineer classes. I did play and beat each game at least once with every single class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 12-02-2016 at 08:09 PM.

I guess the jet packs are new and this game isn't supposed to have rigid classes. You can upgrade across all of them and get bonuses if you stick to certain trees but you can respec yourself later to change it up too. DAI let you do that within your class but you couldn't change specialization you chose later either. It was more rigid. I was also reading you have missions like the DAI war table along with defence missions that DAI cut out. I just hope those missions are more important and not as tedious/filler.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...your-character

I guess the jet packs are new and this game isn't supposed to have rigid classes. You can upgrade across all of them and get bonuses if you stick to certain trees but you can respec yourself later to change it up too. DAI let you do that within your class but you couldn't change specialization you chose later either. It was more rigid. I was also reading you have missions like the DAI war table along with defence missions that DAI cut out. I just hope those missions are more important and not as tedious/filler.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...your-character
    Yeah, I knew about the classes thing but didn't want to make the new stuff confusing for those unfamiliar with the series. It's supposed to be much less cover based as well. The combat in the trailer shows just how wide open combat is suppose to be now. The trademark skills like biotic charge and tactical cloak are still specialty skills if you spec deep into certain trees.

The director talks about Destiny inspiring combat, crafting not being required, each planet being unique and a part of the story, animations and more. More info on powers later.

http://bit.ly/2haU7go

*boner*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are three games I'm looking forward to next year. For Honor, Horizon Zero Dawn and now this. This is quickly becoming one of the favourites. I kind of hope it doesn't come out until at least April since those other two games release in February.

There are three games I'm looking forward to next year. For Honor, Horizon Zero Dawn and now this. This is quickly becoming one of the favourites. I kind of hope it doesn't come out until at least April since those other two games release in February.
    Woohoo! I'll have another friend to play multiplayer with!

I rarely play online but i will give it a try. I liked For Honor online and with this being a third person shooter I can handle it! I hate fps.

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC) - 2017

I rarely play online but i will give it a try. I liked For Honor online and with this being a third person shooter I can handle it! I hate fps.
    I never played online shooters until ME3. I also hate FPS games and much better at TPS games. I still wouldn't play something like Uncharted MP though because I'd essentially be target practice for those who put in the hours being ultra-good. With ME's MP being cooperative instead of competitive, I feel a lot more comfortable playing online. Even if I'm the worse player, I feel like I'm accomplishing something working with people as opposed to against.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds good.

Release date confirmed: March 21, 2017.

I'm so ready!

I was expecting it to be pushed back a little. Kind of hoping too with For Honor and Horizon out in February. Plus Ghost Recon in March too although that will be mainly for my son.

New IGN trailer here.

https://shar.es/1DD0S9

New IGN trailer here.

https://shar.es/1DD0S9
    Deeper look at some of the RPG elements shown for the 1st time in the trailer. The way powers upgrade is straight out of ME3 but being able to change class on the fly, having only 3 powers active at once (as opposed to around 6 or 7 with bonus), and having powers charge by holding the button are differently all new.
    https://youtu.be/Ce88o_lUqUc
    The lack of active powers hurts my Sentinel and Engineer playstyles but for all other classes, I rather used more than 3 powers.

That was a pretty good breakdown off a very quick screen grab. Hopefully I can learn all this stuff without too many issues.

You can name the weapons you craft in ME.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/01/17/you-...e-inquisition/

You can name the weapons you craft in ME.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/01/17/you-...e-inquisition/
    I hope it's easier to understand than crafting in DAI. It wasn't until the end of the game before I understood how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I hope it's easier to understand than crafting in DAI. It wasn't until the end of the game before I understood how it worked.
    I'm guessing so. It took me quite awhile to figure out how to exactly improve certain armour and weapons in DAI too. After awhile it became easy but the learning curve for certain things in RPGs is overly daunting for newcomers.

Did you finish the Trespasser DLC story line in DAI?

DAI Crafting help:
    Spoiler: show

CRAFTING - To upgrade weapons or armour you must switch to the character who has the weapon/armour equipped at the modify station (Haven, Skyhold or select camps/keeps). If nobody is using a weapon or piece of armour then anyone can upgrade them. To create new weapons or armour you need to find schematics or buy them at merchants.
    Runes can be created through crafting (if you have the design) and then used to upgrade weapons. You can replace an old rune on a weapon with a better one but that will destroy the older rune. They give you a boost in a specific category like killing Dragons, Demons (demons/undead), or doing extra damage in fire, electricity, ice or spirit. Some confusion - Corrupting Rune does extra damage against “living” things (humanoids, beasts, and animals). Cleansing Rune does extra damage against “corrupted” things (red templars and darkspawn).

Armour – Some armour can be worn by any class but many have restrictions. Heavy armour is for warriors, medium for rogues and light for mages. Armour can have their arms and legs upgraded. Apprentice/Mage/Enchanter are light armour upgrades for mages. Scout/Hunter/Prowler are medium armour upgrades for rogues. Defender/Vanguard/Battlemaster are heavy armour upgrades for warriors.