Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I've completed the vault on EOS. I've upgraded some skills but I think I may be doing the wrong skills. Do you like Shockwave? I've invested skills in that along with bombs and barriers and have deactivated concussion. But I was reading Concussion is good. Not sure what to do or how to mix them.

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I've completed the vault on EOS. I've upgraded some skills but I think I may be doing the wrong skills. Do you like Shockwave? I've invested skills in that along with bombs and barriers and have deactivated concussion. But I was reading Concussion is good. Not sure what to do or how to mix them.
    You really can't go wrong with skills. They all have utility if used right. I'm not a fan of combat skills primarily because they use power cells (which are limited) as opposed to Biotic/Tech powers which recharge. What profile are you primarily using? Tell me that and I can give you a workable build while you figure it out you may want to use.

Also, if you didn't know, you can respec in Lexi's lab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 04-30-2017 at 11:15 AM.

I am using a soldier profile right now. I have Vanguard unlocked now I think but nothing else. Will have to check later.

I should invest in combat fitness. This site has some suggestions. http://www.pcgamer.com/our-favorite-...racter-builds/
    http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5461-...the-best-build

Are there any limits on respec other than money?
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-30-2017 at 11:49 AM.

I am using a soldier profile right now. I have Vanguard unlocked now I think but nothing else. Will have to check later.

I should invest in combat fitness. This site has some suggestions. http://www.pcgamer.com/our-favorite-...racter-builds/
    You should definitely load up on all the passives in all 3 disciplines. Max out Combat Fitness, Combat Tools, and your main weapon. Definitely get TurboCharge. I'd suggest getting Invasion and Energy Drain from Tech. Invasion is the best debuffer and Energy Drain can restore your shields/strip shields, as well as be specced to prime and detonate. You'll probably want to use the Infiltrator profile to get better cooldowns for your Tech powers.

Thanks. I'm going to mess around for a bit and then probably respec.

Started playing my 10 hour EA Access this morning. 6 hours later I turned the game off! This game is a lot of fun. Outside of some characters with wonky eyes and some weird movements from characters the game is solid. New to the seriesw and am only intro level combat but the game is a lot of fun. Right now I'm on EOS. The game doesn't do a great job explaining where to go so my progress has been slow thus far.

Use the journal to help with knowing what to do but I have largely been just following the star markers on the map. I haven't been doing much free exploration. I doubt I'm much farther than you.

I actually haven't found the facial expressions after the patch to be bad. But the internet storm certainly hurt the sales.

I still think this game, and some RPGs in general, have too much going on. Makes it very hard for newbies to figure out what to do. Overwhelmed by a lot of things still. The early reviews were too harsh though. The game is solid. Saying the game is Mass Effect Inquisition is also fair as there are a lot of similarities which helps me a little.

Use the journal to help with knowing what to do but I have largely been just following the star markers on the map. I haven't been doing much free exploration. I doubt I'm much farther than you.

I actually haven't found the facial expressions after the patch to be bad. But the internet storm certainly hurt the sales.

I still think this game, and some RPGs in general, have too much going on. Makes it very hard for newbies to figure out what to do. Overwhelmed by a lot of things still. The early reviews were too harsh though. The game is solid. Saying the game is Mass Effect Inquisition is also fair as there are a lot of similarities which helps me a little.

Thanks Rudy!

I agree that there is a ton of stuff going on. I'm completely lost with upgrades et. al. I love the exploration but I really struggle with the map. That style works in Fallout but with the elevations in this game I would prefer the traditional circle in the corner map.

Completely agree on the map. DAI used a mini map and I liked that a lot better. Not a fan of the simple direction compass.

I think this game will take me a long time to finish because I die quite a bit! I accomplished very little this morning after dying about 4-5 times and shutting down on EOS. Couldn't get past this one Kett firefight. One time I got stuck under a ship or something and couldn't get out.

Seriously, I upgraded my Shockwave (like the first 2 levels only) and it sucks. Doesn't seem to do much to be honest.

I think this game will take me a long time to finish because I die quite a bit! I accomplished very little this morning after dying about 4-5 times and shutting down on EOS. Couldn't get past this one Kett firefight. One time I got stuck under a ship or something and couldn't get out.

Seriously, I upgraded my Shockwave (like the first 2 levels only) and it sucks. Doesn't seem to do much to be honest.
    Shockwave can be awesome but not on its own. It's best used as a detonator. Do you have any primer powers like Pull or Energy Drain?

Not yet. I've just got bombs, barricade and shockwave. I should probably remove Shockwave then. I don't have a combo that should work together yet. I think I just need to invest in combat fitness to get more health points first. Quite frankly the barricade hasn't really saved me much yet either so maybe I should bring back concussion.

Very minor spoiler:
    Spoiler: show

I was getting killed after investigating the one site and powered a computer. The Kett came in with a large beast. I killed that thing but kept getting killed by their soldiers. Their armoured guys were hard and I was getting flanked after awhile.

Potentially dumb question. I downloaded the Apex App but nobody is unlocked and I can't use it. Do I have to complete a story mission or how does that work?

Edit: Never mind. The characters are all locked but I can still use my strike team.
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-02-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Not yet. I've just got bombs, barricade and shockwave. I should probably remove Shockwave then. I don't have a combo that should work together yet. I think I just need to invest in combat fitness to get more health points first. Quite frankly the barricade hasn't really saved me much yet either so maybe I should bring back concussion.

Very minor spoiler:
    Spoiler: show

I was getting killed after investigating the one site and powered a computer. The Kett came in with a large beast. I killed that thing but kept getting killed by their soldiers. Their armoured guys were hard and I was getting flanked after awhile.
    I'm not a fan of your build, especially for a newcomer. You have 2 power cell powers and a power that has little synergy with. I'm not a fan of barricade in general as there's always more than enough cover and it's best to be as mobile as possible. What's your primary profile?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm not a fan of your build, especially for a newcomer. You have 2 power cell powers and a power that has little synergy with. I'm not a fan of barricade in general as there's always more than enough cover and it's best to be as mobile as possible. What's your primary profile?

I'm not a fan of it either at the moment! I am using Soldier but I have Vanguard unlocked. Should I switch to that? I like my shotgun.

I do like this suggestion from an above link for Vanguard:
    Profile: Vanguard
    Abilities: Incinerate, Charge, Nova
    Also invest points in: Pistols or Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Combat Fitness, Offensive Biotics

I'm not a fan of it either at the moment! I am using Soldier but I have Vanguard unlocked. Should I switch to that? I like my shotgun.

I do like this suggestion from an above link for Vanguard:
    Profile: Vanguard
    Abilities: Incinerate, Charge, Nova
    Also invest points in: Pistols or Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Combat Fitness, Offensive Biotics
    I'd substitute Pull for Nova. But other than that, that'll work.

Also, put points into the Barrier passive. Level 6 Barrier has Saving Barrier which gives you a full shield when your health is at 25% once every 10 secs I think.

Edit: Also, don't invest into weapon passives if you don't use them. Concentrate on your shotgun. Keep a pistol as a side weapon. Skip assault guns unless you want to start using them. Otherwise. Get the other Combat, Tech or Biotic passives.

Last edited by souljahbill; 05-02-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Will do!

Piss me off!!! I still have two hours left on EA Access but when I go to the location to shut down the radiation on EOS.... I get a pop up that my trial is over. Even though I have time left, the game locks out access. That was never the deal with EA Access! You are supposed to get 10 hours, not have your access end when you advance to a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Piss me off!!! I still have two hours left on EA Access but when I go to the location to shut down the radiation on EOS.... I get a pop up that my trial is over. Even though I have time left, the game locks out access. That was never the deal with EA Access! You are supposed to get 10 hours, not have your access end when you advance to a certain point.
    You still have 2 hours. Or 4 because if I recall, you played for 6. You just have to start over. I remember reaching that part in the trial. I was disappointed but I used that time to redo Habitat 7 and really explore it now the I was comfortable. I did it as the opposing twin the 2nd time too. That's also when I spent some time in the character creator and played some games of multiplayer.

I have only played with the patch but I don't think the faces are bad with it. It's a non issue for me. The game looks good but the draw in speed is not. Bushes and shrubs will pop up out of thin air while you drive and relatively close. I'm assuming the Pro would handle this better but this aspect is not good graphically.