Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If this game would just patch in checkpoints after you finish a wave of enemies or let you save when you want I would be less frustrated. Fighting a Kett compound on Voeld and complete wave 1 but die wave 2. I hate how this game makes you re-do it all from scratch. Most games I have played don't force you back to square one (like Uncharted).
    Which is really weird because ME1 had long periods of no checkpoints and people complained about it. ME2 and ME3 would save for literally anything. Before fights. After fights. Pick up a weapon. Open a door. It oversaved. Weird that they'd go back to the ME1 way of saving AND take out manual saving. At least you could save anytime you wanted, outside of fights. You had to be "safe" in order to save but you could do it any other time.

It's a good game but I can tell it was made by the B team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes in Uncharted 3 I remember being annoyed that every time I paused the game it would be auto saving or something. But I would prefer that over repeating myself too much. Especially since I'm not that good at combat apparently lol.

New patch.

Mission accomplished!
    I'm now 4-for-4 in 100%-ing Mass Effect games (I did the other 3 on 360 so you'd have to check my Gamertag to verify).

Holy crap. Congrats!

I just got it on with Peebee, that should have been a trophy
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I just got it on with Peebee, that should have been a trophy
    No strings sex or relationship sex? BIG difference in cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    No strings sex or relationship sex? BIG difference in cutscenes.

I went no strings I still wanna try to nail Cora too
    The dude abides.

Interesting read on the development.

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-m...ive-1795886428

Just fired this baby up for the first time today. Got through the prologue/tutorial/whatever the hell you wanna call it, and am currently wandering the Nexus for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I actually heard the announcement today that there will be no DLC for this game. I'm surprised they didn't want to tap into the extra revenue.

They are practically giving this game away. On sale again for $20C. They must have had a lot of stock sitting in warehouses.

Didn't they move members of the MEA team to Anthem or another project? Not shocked at no DLC.

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

I'm not shocked but I'm hella disappointed by the No patches/No DLC announcement. Patch 1.09 brought the game to a really good place (1.10 was a MP-only update). A LOT of the issues people complained about are gone. I'm on my 9th playthrough so it's obvious that I like it. The launch created a lot of bad blood between EA Bioware and it's fan base, a VERY passionate fan base. Don't be surprised if they hold grudges when DA4 and Anthem come out. If EA thinks Bioware fans are gonna be excited for MP updates through N7 Day (Every Nov. 7th), they don't know their customers. Bioware fans don't play EA's games for MP. They're SP/story people. There are too many storylines left unresolved in MEA that were obvious DLC or sequel-bait so if they drop Andromeda when another game comes out, they'll be even MORE backlash.

Last edited by souljahbill; 08-20-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Disappointed to hear that about the DLC.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Stayed up a little too much later than I planned to and probably should have as it screwed with the timing of my sleep cycle, but I managed to get to the point that I'm back on board the Tempest, ready to leave Eos and head back to the Nexus.

I finished the game awhile back (and have Cora as my main squeeze, with Peebee and someone else ??? (forget who it is... reporter on the station). The game was a solid title. The one thing I did grow tired of was the repetitive nature of the vaults. There is definitely a great sequel fore this game. That's for sure.

After 95 hours of gameplay, I have officially beaten Andromeda. Finished the Meridian missions last night, and finished the final side missions just now, visiting Keri and Drack on the Nexus and heading to Habitat 7. That is a clean sweep, every mission, every side mission, every task (at least that I can find/discover) , all planets 100% viability (and then some).

I ended the game at level 67, got to level 25 1/2 for Nexus AVP, ran an Infiltrator build my first playthrough, making it to Rank 6. I got Soldier and Technical both to rank 5, I never even actually touched Biotics this playthrough. Ran with Turbocharge, Remnant VI and Overload, which went well with my crafted Hesh VIII shotgun that was augmented with cryo ammo.

I'm sure there were better weapons that I overlooked, but I fell in love with the N7 Eagle pistol, X5 Ghost (and Sandstorm) assault rifles, the Hesh shotgun and the Black Widow sniper rifle and pretty much carried those throughout the game, crafting newer and better versions as I researched them.

For romances, went no strings with Peebee for some zero gravity fun, had some serious flirting going on with Keri (Nexus reporter) and the Angaran researcher chick that you hunt down Angaran artifacts for, also had a temporary thing with Vetra. For my first playthrough, I ultimately went with the vanilla Cora romance for the full committed romance, but future NG+ playthroughs I'm planning on Keri, Vetra and Peebee for Scott games (maybe Suvi if I'm able to remember to talk to her as often as you apparently have to for a romance) and then Liam, Jaal and maybe Vidal with Sarah.

Suvi is a lesbian so she's only romanceable by Sarah.
    Keri's romance is YouTube material. There's nothing to it. There isn't even a romance scene.

Aside from that, how'd you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Suvi is a lesbian so she's only romanceable by Sarah.
    Keri's romance is YouTube material. There's nothing to it. There isn't even a romance scene.

Aside from that, how'd you like it?

Ah, that would explain why I seemed to hit a brick wall with Suvi as Scott after a certain point.

And I really enjoyed it. It's got me itching to go play Mass Effect 1-3 on EA Access now. I'm definitely going to be playing the Andromeda story again. I probably won't go quite in depth with the tasks and side missions (it took me a long ass time to finally clear everything on Voeld with how many damn tasks and side missions there are on there), but I plan on doing enough in future playthroughs to get all the help in the final mission that I had this time.

Spoiler: show
    Fuck me those cutscenes in the final mission were awesome. Hell, the entire final mission was fucking sweet. The battle in space, all hell breaking loose around you on Meridian while in the Nomad, watching all the allies you built up come to your rescue, the efforts to save the Hyperion (and Captain Dunn in my playthrough) and all the aerial firefights as the other pathfinders, Vidal and everyone else shows up. That entire mission and sequences were awesome to watch play out.

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4, XB1, PC)

I still play this regularly. I rotate between these 4 Ryders:

Scott 1 (Casual/Logical)-Explorer

(C) Turbocharge (BAA)
    (B) Annihilation (AAB)
    (T) Overload (ABB)

Pathfinder Deep Impact shotgun
    Asari Sword

Pathfinder Vigilant Helmet
    Pathfinder Vigilant Chest (Adrenaline Mod)
    Pathfinder Vigilant Arms
    Pathfinder Vigilant Legs

Sarah 1 (Logical/Professional)-Sentinel

(T) Energy Drain (AAA)
    (B) Shockwave (ABB)
    (T) Incinerate (BAA)

Pathfinder Pioneer assault rifle
    Remnant Cryo-Gauntlet

Heleus Icon Helmet
    N7 Chest (Adrenaline Mod)
    Angaran Commando Arms
    Angaran Commando Legs

Scott 2 (Emotional/Professional)-Infiltrator

(C) Concussive Shot (ABB)
    (T) Tactical Cloak (BAB)
    (T) Invasion (BBA)

Pathfinder Observer sniper rifle
    Krogan Hammer

Kett Unity Helmet
    Maverick Deadeye Chest (Adrenaline Mod)
    Kett Unity Arms
    Kett Unity Legs

Sarah 2 (Emotional/Casual)-Vanguard

(B) Charge (AAA)
    (C) Omni Grenade (AAA)
    (B) Lance (ABA)

Pathfinder Ranger pistol
    Kett Carfalon

N7 Helmet
    HyperGuardian Chest (Adrenaline Mod)
    N7 Arms
    N7 Legs

Last edited by souljahbill; 04-30-2018 at 10:22 AM.

I see you are still playing this game. Did you ever get into Destiny? MEA is on sale for C$9.99 right now. I just haven’t had time (or great desire) to give this a second chance. Maybe when I finish Detroit I could play it but I am more likely to go back to GOW and replay Detroit. Then September comes with Tomb Raider and Spider-Man. Plus RDR2 and NBA and so many good games.