Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NBA Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2016 NBA Offseason Talk

The draft is Thursday, and the big question of the offseason, where is KD going?

Spoiler: show
    Hopefully here:

The dude abides.

D Rose to the Knicks

Yeah Chicago fans cannot be happy about that, they got three yawners in return.
    The dude abides.

Plus the Bulls gave away a draft pick (2nd in 2017) versus getting one in return. The Knicks will have a good video game roster, but I don't think they'll be a contender - even if they sign Dwight Howard. Though, the East is weak so they could make the playoffs but they would have no shot versus the top 5-6 teams in the West.

I think KD stays in OKC. Signs a one-year deal then a massive deal under new cap the following year. I don't envision him heading to the East, though he could be like LeBron there and have a relatively easy path to the conference or NBA Finals.

My gut says he goes to Miami, but it makes since to stick with OKC as they were the only team in the West to push Golden State. If OKC can sign a fairly big name 2 or 3, that could get KD to stay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Derrick Rose just isn't a good player anymore. He can't stay healthy, didn't get along with Butler apparently, can't shoot the three, has never been a good assist to turnover guy and his numbers are a lot worse after coming back from injury. He doesn't have near the explosiveness. His dunks are way down and his overall shooting percentages are much worse. I think everyone thinks of him from his all star days and hopes he returns but he hasn't been a good player in years. Bulls probably wanted to dump that salary pretty bad too.

Derrick Rose's name is the only thing carrying him at this point. I sure as hell wouldn't want him on my team.

...and he's currently still much better than any player on the Knicks outside of Melo. Certainly far better than any PG they have had since in many years, injuries and all

Durant meeting with the following teams when free agency begins: Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Celtics, Heat.

There is a report that the Heat and Warriors are the only real competitors in the Durant sweepstakes.

I couldn't imagine the Warriors with Durant. Another shooter? Wow. Talk about a team that is built for video games.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Durant meeting with the following teams when free agency begins: Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Celtics, Heat.

The dude abides.

My gut said that Miami would get KD, but I didn't realize how shitty their cap situation. OKC or Golden State make the most sense.

The dude abides.

Durant is only signing a one year deal for financial reasons. Miami can make a run at him next year. The Bosh situation hurts them. Glad to see Derozan stay in Toronto. And the Lakers being the Lakers giving Mozgov $14M. Ever since the kid Buss has been running things they have gone in the dumpster.

Uh, the fuck is up with seemingly every team just handing out 4 year, $72 million contracts left and right to shitty bench players like they're candy?

I remember when Jason Maxiell was getting $5 Mil a year on the Pistons for being an energy guy off the bench. Kyle Singler was making more than that hugging the bench for OKC. honestly the player max should be higher. The cap on what a guy like LeBron makes just leads to top teams having an easier chance at signing three superstars and/or leaves extra money for bums.

Look what happened to Cleveland when LeBron left and then when he came back. He has such an impact he's worth almost half a cap himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Uh, the fuck is up with seemingly every team just handing out 4 year, $72 million contracts left and right to shitty bench players like they're candy?

I think it is ridiculous, but some are saying it is "basic economics" with the increased salary cap and money, in part due to larger TV deal, and that these deals shouldn't be criticized.

No problem with players getting more money, but (as of this minute) Mike Conley has the richest deal in NBA history. Conley is a good defensive player, but has never even made an All-Star Game, for crying out loud. There has to be some common sense applied with the 'basic economics.'

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Biyombo just got one for averaging 5 ppg and 8 reb

The dude abides.

Durant and Horford to the Celtics. That team should be very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Durant and Horford to the Celtics. That team should be very strong.
    According to ESPN, Durant announced to The Players Tribune that he will sign with the Warriors.