Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God Of War (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display

God Of War (PS4)

Probably the oh shit moment from last night's Sony conference was when Kratos appeared from the shadows of the shack. The prospects of God of War being more open world and RPG than just linear hack and slash is very very interesting.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/13/.../god-of-war-e3

"I knew I didn’t want to simply reboot the franchise, starting over with a retelling of the origin story," explained creative director Cory Barlog, writing for PlayStation Blog. "I wanted to reimagine the gameplay, give players a fresh perspective and a new tactile experience while delving deeper into the emotional journey of Kratos to explore the compelling drama that unfolds when an immortal demigod makes a decision to change."

The dude abides.

I’ve beaten them all except Ascension, which I have but never opened. I love this franchise so I’m in on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I’ve beaten them all except Ascension, which I have but never opened. I love this franchise so I’m in on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Honestly I've played/beat most of them (i don't think i played Ascension) but it wasn't really that high on my favorite games/series list. I'm optimistic that they have perhaps fixed the biggest issue with the series (Cratos as a character). Hopefully, this story with a deceased wife and child will be compelling.

I played part 3 for a bit. Not sure if this series is for me but I’m interested in the changes. From what I remember there was a lot of QTE in the past? A lot of button mashing gory combat? Kind of hoping this game is a bit smarter and having a good story.

Reviews are out sitting at a 94 on metacritic. PRE-ORDER NOW!

I should have pre ordered last summer when I could have got it for $50 instead of $80.

I tried to preorder with my 20% code but I couldn’t. It’s now on the Christmas list. I gotta save some games for end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ish in and wow game is georgous. I'm still getting used to the combat system but it seems fairly intuitive just need to learn what does what until it becomes 2nd nature. Playing on "normal" and died a couple times during 2 "boss" fights mostly because I'm struggling getting Cratos to turn around quickly when being attacked from behind

Wife surprised me with it. Really reminds me of Uncharted or Last of Us with the story, scavenging, platforming, etc. Was surprised to see the extensive RPG system and wide variety of moves. Combat is fun. Glad it doesn’t include to counter combat system like Batman/Mordor. Makes fights more interesting. Only 1.5 hours in and game looks and plays great. Loved the first epic battle.

CLW, Pushing down on the d-pad turns you around. I’m not used to the combat danger indicators.

Game looks great on normal PS4. Heard 4K mode on Pro lags but I’d like to see it. Definitely liking it more than the stealth based HZD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Wife surprised me with it. Really reminds me of Uncharted or Last of Us with the story, scavenging, platforming, etc. Was surprised to see the extensive RPG system and wide variety of moves. Combat is fun. Glad it doesn’t include to counter combat system like Batman/Mordor. Makes fights more interesting. Only 1.5 hours in and game looks and plays great. Loved the first epic battle.

CLW, Pushing down on the d-pad turns you around. I’m not used to the combat danger indicators.

Game looks great on normal PS4. Heard 4K mode on Pro lags but I’d like to see it. Definitely liking it more than the stealth based HZD.
    Yeah lol I either missed that tutorial or they just gave it to me last night. However even when I hit down it doesn't seem to turn me square to my threat

Playing on my Pro OLED combo on resolution mode and I haven't noticed ANY lag.

Too early to tell for me but right now I prefer HZD over good of war mostly bc I'm struggling learning the new control scheme a bit and the fonts on the menus are WAY too small to read.
    Last edited by CLW; 04-21-2018 at 11:53 AM.

The fonts are crazy small! We got a 65” 4K downstairs and I’m leaning in at times lol.

This game is very different from HZD. Not sure how much I will need to use the map. I’ve only upgraded a few things.

And I didn’t know you could use either R1 or R2 during rage attacks. R1 dashes while R2 is hulk smash.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-21-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Patch for font size 1.12 but it doesn’t do much. Check out the slider.

https://kotaku.com/god-of-war-patch-...1825451101/amp

Positives I failed to mention.... the sound track for this game is incredible and the whole game being in one shot really is immersive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Game does lag or move slower when on Resolution Mode. I started off in resolution mode on my PS4 Pro in 4K HDR and didn't think there was any slowdown, but the combos felt off. Almost like online lag. I switched to Performance mode about 2 hours into the game and the movement is so much more fluid. There is some loss of detail going to 1080p, but the fluidity and responsiveness of the movement makes up for it. I tried going back to Resolution mode and could notice the difference in framerate. It's most noticeable when you turn or pan the screen. Playing on Performance mode only now.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Game does lag or move slower when on Resolution Mode. I started off in resolution mode on my PS4 Pro in 4K HDR and didn't think there was any slowdown, but the combos felt off. Almost like online lag. I switched to Performance mode about 2 hours into the game and the movement is so much more fluid. There is some loss of detail going to 1080p, but the fluidity and responsiveness of the movement makes up for it. I tried going back to Resolution mode and could notice the difference in framerate. It's most noticeable when you turn or pan the screen. Playing on Performance mode only now.
    Any game that offers me that choice, I always choose performance>graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been gone for three days for work. Will finally get more play time in soon.

This is a great guide for combat and upgrades.

I just had an epic boss fight where I died at least 3 times before winning. The fights really have strategy. Must decide when to dodge, parry or block at the right time in addition to your moves.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...-combat-guide/

Completed main campaign. Great game excited to see where they go with GOW 2.