Thread: NPD Sales Results for April 2016

• Facebook
  • Display

NPD Sales Results for April 2016

Software:

Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
    Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
    MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
    Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
    Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
    Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
    Quantum Break (Xbox One)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
    NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
    Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)

Notes:
    - Game sales couldn't keep up with Mortal Kombat X last year, which pretty much carried the industry itself.
    - “Ratchet & Clank had the best launch of any game in the Ratchet & Clank franchise when adjusting for the number of days sold in the data month, with sales recapturing success not seen for the franchise since the height of the PlayStation 2 era,” said Callahan.
    - “The launch of Dark Souls III marked the strongest launch in the franchise’s history,” said Callahan. “Sales for Dark Souls III nearly doubled that of its predecessor, Dark Souls II, when adjusted for days in the market.”
    - "[By individual SKUs], Star Fox Zero for the Wii U was No. 5, while the Japanese role-playing game Bravely Second was No. 9. It’s worth noting that this is different from the NPD’s overall top 10, which combines platforms and things like special editions for a game’s sales."

Hardware:

"Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all declined to comment on the performance of their hardware."

Notes:
    - “Hardware sales declined 21 percent compared to April 2015, with the majority of the decline due to a 19 percent or $30.4 million decline in console hardware sales,” said Callahan. “Compared to last year, dollar spending for [current-generation] consoles decreased by 15 percent with an over 70 percent decline in [last-generation] consoles. Portables also dropped by $11.3 million in sales over last April.”
    - Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are still trending 40 percent higher than the cumulative sales after the same 30-month period compared to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

NBA 2K16 is turning into Minecraft, you just can't get them off the charts.

I don't see how it is possible that anyone doesn't have Minecraft. I mean they've been on this chart every month for what seems like 3 years. At some point they've got to run out of potential customers, even selling to the same people on multiple platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I don't see how it is possible that anyone doesn't have Minecraft. I mean they've been on this chart every month for what seems like 3 years. At some point they've got to run out of potential customers, even selling to the same people on multiple platforms.
    I've never purchased it. I think I installed it when it was freeware before it really exploded but I never really got into it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I've never purchased it. I think I installed it when it was freeware before it really exploded but I never really got into it myself.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not into it either. But I have a teenage daughter and I've had to buy it 3 times for her (twice on PS3 and once on PS4).

And truthfully, though you've never bought it you did have it and I'd assume you're no longer a potential customer. Yet, they keep selling every damn month.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I have it on PS3, PS4, 360, and XB1
    The dude abides.

If they had Hannah Montana on PS4 or XB1, you'd have that too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If they had Hannah Montana on PS4 or XB1, you'd have that too.
    No, I'd borrow it from CDJ. Get it right people!
    The dude abides.

Living the dream!

well I am a game show junkie....
    The dude abides.

Speaking of Minecraft, look at what selling a shitload of games today buys...

http://www.tmz.com/photos/2016/01/28...-photos-01-jpg
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Speaking of Minecraft, look at what selling a shitload of games today buys...

http://www.tmz.com/photos/2016/01/28...-photos-01-jpg
    Money can't buy you everything.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/31/tech...reator-tweets/

Poor guy.