Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    I found out the hard way that you're wanted dead or alive around Blackwater. While I was exploring down around the Upper Montana River, I crossed over into southern West Elizabeth into the plains outside Blackwater. It took all of about 10 seconds to have an entire posse of lawmen trying to murder my ass.

Holy shit. I'm sitting there in the middle of a field around a campfire, all of a sudden this storm blows up out of nowhere. The wind is howling, rain coming down, and next thing I know, I'm almost getting butt fucked by a lightning bolt!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For Jaymo since he has finished the story or anyone else that has.

Spoiler: show
    You were right about chapter 5, 6 and the Epilogues taking forever. Just left the ranch from Epilogue one and still have a ways to go. There was some serious fluff in there. The pacing, especially the Indian story sections were so slow. Also they just would not shut up with the same bickering between Arthur and Dutch. I knew how the story was to end going in. The funny thing is that once I did contract tuberculosis, I stopped wanting to do any of the side stuff. It was kind of genius on Rockstars end. They made it near impossible to gain weight, so hunting for food felt like a waste. Find new animals? Nah, going to die soon. Upgrade stuff by hunting? No, but to be fair you are really overpowered by end game as it is. Always coughing and pale as a ghost. I got my achievement for creating a completely evil Arthur, only to end up right in the middle because I sided with the story into doing going things with my money. Had, plenty and can't take it with me.

Now if we were back in the days when RS made DLC for single-player stuff. I would love to have another Undead Nightmare where you play as Sadie Adler (my favorite character in the game). Charles would be number two. Javier was my second favorite until he sided with Dutch. For me that was the biggest betrayal.

Finished the Epilogues

Forgot that Javier was the guy you hunt down in Mexico in RDR. So yeah, now the betrayal does not feel so bad since I got my revenge on him ten years ago. While it was pretty slow paced I did enjoy watching Beecher's Hope being built. Now I am going to fully explore New Austin again, figure out where the Serial Killer is (got all three maps) and avoid doing the farmwork.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Finished the Epilogues

Forgot that Javier was the guy you hunt down in Mexico in RDR. So yeah, now the betrayal does not feel so bad since I got my revenge on him ten years ago. While it was pretty slow paced I did enjoy watching Beecher's Hope being built. Now I am going to fully explore New Austin again, figure out where the Serial Killer is (got all three maps) and avoid doing the farmwork.
    What ending did you go with for Arthur? I chose to help John. It gave me the death on the mountain sunset scene.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    What ending did you go with for Arthur? I chose to help John. It gave me the death on the mountain sunset scene.

Chose to help John but due to my character still being on the evil side and having gone full evil earlier in the story, Micha blasted me in the face on that same mountain.

Finally solved the Serial Killer and had the run in with the couple on the pig farm. Good times!

I think I'm getting close to the end of chapter 2. I've done quite a few missions and just talked with John to set up the mission to steal an oil wagon to set up eventually robbing a train.

Overall I give this game an 8.5/10

+
    outstanding visuals
    wonderful dialogue
    an enjoyable story
    likable protagonist

-
    game somewhat lags in the middle of the story
    a little sad and anti-climactic once you realise what's going to happen
    prefer the old dead eye system
    online mode

The game itself connects really well to Red Dead 1. The epilogue while long and somewhat tedious answers a lot of questions and ties up loose ends. I easily got my monies worth. It's a great game for sure but I'm not in the camp for game of the year. At times it was a little dull and the missions became pretty repetitive after awhile. Regardless, the polish of this game puts Fallout76 to shame. Rockstar shows why they are in another class when it comes to publishers. While I won't say game of the year it's definitely going to be in the top three. Of that I have no doubt.

Pretty much the same, though I might go as high as 9/10. Like you said, going between Fallout 76 and RDR2 is mind-blowing. The optimization of RDR2 is ridiculously as it rarely ever stutters and looks so amazing. A technical marvel compared to the technical hell of Fallout 75 and even Fallout 4.

I hope there is some single-player DLC to come. Still plan on playing it for the hunting/fishing and exploring the nooks and crannies.