Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    Forgot something but can't edit my post for some reason.

Spoiler: show
    Be sure and manual save before you enter the Sheriff's Office. Sometimes it goes wacky and you get shot.

I may try that bounty scam. I had no bounty when I started this morning and then I entered the doctors office and yada, yada, yada... I now have a $132 bounty on my head.

Just finished this section of the game and I just had to post this for Smooth.

Only 10 seconds and not really a spoiler.

It is a running joke that John can't swim. Arthur on the other hand can but buyer beware, he can't swim very far. There were some islands near your camp in chapter 3 and I decided to swim to them. Well worth the trip as I found a bunch of new animals, plants and some treasure but you need to find the shortest route between to make your way around the islands. I learned the hard way as I took a long way back to the mainland. Arthur can't use items even while wading in the water. Apparently horses can swim better but did not try that. Also bought the boat for the camp but was too far to use it when I decided to go on this little adventure. Guess John got the last laugh.

Only 39% of the story as I find myself just hunting and fishing.

I haven’t bothered much with hunting and fishing. I don’t even think I can fish yet. Doing the last mission I have for chapter 2. Died a bunch trying to steal an oil tanker.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Just finished this section of the game and I just had to post this for Smooth.

Only 10 seconds and not really a spoiler.

That's harsh, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I always appreciated the detail of the large cities in The Witcher 3 but hitting St Denis for the first time in RDR2 is on a completely different level.

Edit: Speaking of details this one just happened to me. While hunting someone was taking a piss and as I walked by he stopped and zipped up and when I was far enough away he started pissing again. So many of these little details in the game.

Found a video of it happening in camp (not my video)

Last edited by bdoughty; 11-08-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Some cinematic shots are still really nice.

https://twitter.com/rudyjuly2/status...704839168?s=21

I’ve enjoyed my time with the game. I don’t change clothes, have bought virtually nothing other than camp upgrades, have crafted nothing, don’t do chores around camp and try to avoid doing any thing I consider tedious. I largely stick to missions and have had fun. The open world is good. Things are really alive more than other open world/sandbox games I have played.

That said, this game isn’t GOTY material imo. I’d still give it a solid 8.5. I like it more than Spiderman but not as much as GOW or Detroit. I prefer games with a stronger story. I do prefer linear games over open world. I’m in chapter 3 and even though I have played roughly 25+ hours (I wish it would track it for us) there is no story whatsoever. We leave Blackwater and Dutch did something questionable. That’s all I know. Ever since then I have done nothing but collect money, rob people or other basic missions. These ARE fun but are starting to feel pointless. When I hear people talking about doing side missions vs main missions there are no differences so far. I honestly don’t know what the point of this game is other than shooting and robbing people. Again, that’s fun but I’m finding the urge to play other games pull at me now. There is nothing special about the combat or anything. This is just a very detailed and real open world game that people who love to just screw around can enjoy but I wish there was more of a point.

Finished the campaign. It drug on a bit and the shooting mechanics and picking up items is annoyingly clunky and the story is so so. The world is amazing though.

Really enjoyed it just wish the cut out allot. Haven't messed with online at all I've heard it's a pay to win scheme with a ridiculously bad economy forcing you to grind hours or of course pay for upgrades

I finally got the chance to sit down and start this game yesterday evening. I only got maybe an hour or two into it (just ventured out and saved John Marston), so I'm still in essentially the tutorial phase.

I have played this game only once now in December. After getting to chapter 4 I’m just bored now. There isn’t enough combat and the story/missions aren’t keeping me hooked. It’s just one basic thing to another. Not sure when or if I will finish the game.

The next chapter has more combat.

I’m going to stick with Spidey and 2K over my Christmas vacation. When I start finishing or get bored with other games I may go back. I will be getting Anthem in February and possibly Ace Combat in January. But Ace can probably wait for a price cut.

I finally got a chance to dive into this some during the extended New Year's weekend. I'm in early chapter 2, only two or three missions into the chapter, along with completing both bounties you can get in Valentine.

I spent most of my time getting in shootouts with O'Driscolls and attempted a train robbery that went horribly wrong and has given me a substantial bounty. Maybe this weekend I'll have a chance to advance the story some more.

I'm in chapter 6 and closing in on the ending. I'll write a thorough overview of my impressions in the next few days.

Bdoughty and I played a but of online... waste of time! I don't expect to play that mode again...

Finally collected all 144 cards and mailed them off. Only cost me a couple thousand in buying premium packs of cigs. I estimate a break even due to the rewards given and selling around 500 redundant cards back to the fence. It was a very rare achievement with only 2% of the people unlocking this so far. A sad little group we are.

After having to start over I am back to where I was in chapter 4.

I'm still in chapter 2, but I've done some exploring. I've discovered Saint Denis and the Trapper. In fact, I've "unfogged" pretty much the entirety of Lemoyne. I've gotten most of northern West Elizabeth other than Blackwater, which I found out marshals basically spawn and start trying to kill you within seconds of crossing the river into the dead or alive zone around Blackwater. I've still got a lot more to go though.

Have met some interesting strangers during my adventures though. I ran into the brother and sister at the pig farm. I was expecting that to go a lot worse, and a lot more violating, than just being knocked out, robbed of all my money and dumped in a grave down the road.

My exploration is complete! I'm still only in chapter 2. In fact, I've only completed four missions in chapter 2. But I have fully explored and unfogged Amabarino, New Hanover, Lemoyne and all of West Elizabeth north of the Upper Montana River. All that's left to discover is the rest of West Elizabeth around Blackwater and whatever else was carried over from the first game south and west of Blackwater. So now tonight after work, I can dive into the three current waiting missions that have been sitting there for the better part of a week.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    and whatever else was carried over from the first game south and west of Blackwater.