Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    Can't wait to dive into this game! Despite having pre-ordered it clear back in June, and despite having had it pre-downloaded since back on Tuesday, I still have yet to even get to play. Work and other stuff have combined for a perfect storm of fucking up my schedule since Thursday night to not give me any free time to dive into this game. Hopefully tomorrow I can actually play.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Edit: I think the snow and tracks look good. Maybe my TV isn’t good enough but I’m not a big fan of HDR. I think the game looks better with it off. I’m not a videophile so I like colours that pop.
    According to Digital Foundry the HDR is really poorly implemented in this game in both consoles.

If I don't want to run around and find things to donate to settlements (I haven't done any of that yet, still like on mission 4 or 5 I think - about to rob a train), how much does that stuff matter? How far along are some of you guys?

I have put a couple things in but hardly anything of value. Due to all the football I have only put a few hours in since launch and that was mostly hunting and roaming around the map. No clue how much it matters but I would imagine it could affect how the gang feels about you.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    According to Digital Foundry the HDR is really poorly implemented in this game in both consoles.
    Yeah a guy I watch for TV reviews says the HDR is basically fake and not real HDR at all

Last edited by CLW; 10-30-2018 at 09:31 AM.

I wish the game let you save mid-mission. You have to complete it - it locks out manual saves. Sometimes I want to just squeeze in 15 minutes.

As far as HDR goes, my LG unit is not good with it. Upon further reviews it is a cheap set (I can live with this) but the gaming mode kills HDR. Great for input lag and necessary but HDR with the gaming mode washes out things. Looks ugly. 65" LG UJ6300 model. With HDR off - very nice. I would still say the Pro is a minor upgrade but a nice one still.

I've been waiting all year for this game, and I still have yet to even start the damn thing!

Maybe tomorrow I'll finally have the time to dive in for a couple hours.

You know what this game needs more of? More drinking with Lenny. A rare gem of a sidequest. Also there appears to be a serial killer on the loose. Love when games toss these in. I am taking my sweet time with this game but story barriers are preventing me from profiting on some of my finds. Came across some really good treasure just hunting around all the little areas around Valentine. Unfortunately there is no fence to sell to there and I have a bunch of Jewelry, Gold bars and other things that can't be sold.

Though I did finally run the quest that explains why you need to donate to gang cash box. Yes, it does serve a very good purpose and is not a waste of money. Really do no need to jump in the story more but just travelling around Valentine has been a blast.

Still not thrilled with some of the controls and playing around with them. I love first person games but this did not work for me and third person just feels better. When I have to go to the internet to decode what heck (up arrow/down arrow and LB) to flipping drop a weapon to pick up a new one, someone done goofed. How on earth does that equate to TAP LB? Just say tap LB. Tappity Tap Tap Tap LB.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-31-2018 at 08:21 AM.

I had to pause in the middle of a fist fight since I had no clue what buttons did what lol. It's almost as if the game designers went out of the way to make certain controls different than most games.

I do a mission where I use a temporary horse and it’s the dumbest horse ever. First it trips over a log or gets spooked by a dog.

Then when I go back to get my real horse the stupid thing almost drowns me! And the game won’t let me shoot my horse! I can’t pull the trigger!

I was walking around Valentine and some O’Driscolls were chatting in front of a store. Two now are full of lead but I am wanted lol.

Snitches around for everything. Unarmed assault my ass.

Should have washed my horse.

Last edited by Rudy; 11-01-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Characters are well done and the world is amazing but man are the controls CLUNKY AS HELL. Trying to pick up items is such a pain in the ass and shooting it bad as well.

Anybody get the guide? See a lot of people over whelmed with some things.

Anybody get the guide? See a lot of people over whelmed with some things.
    Yeah I'm struggling a bit with the depth but haven't bought the guide. Apparently I need to eat more because I'm underweight.

I don’t even know how to check my weight. I wish you could turn off some of those RPG elements. I’m not going to worry about that stuff right now. Having to eat, sleep, shit and wash myself in a video game doesn’t appeal to me.

Sigh, it's been a week and I still have yet to find time to play this damn game.

At this point I'm wondering if I'll ever get to actually play it before the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just learned up in the d-pad whistles for my horse. I don’t even know the basics lol.

I opened the stupid ledger and can’t close it! Circle is supposed to work but I have to restart. Dumb.
    Last edited by Rudy; 11-03-2018 at 05:23 AM.

I don’t even know how to check my weight. I wish you could turn off some of those RPG elements. I’m not going to worry about that stuff right now. Having to eat, sleep, shit and wash myself in a video game doesn’t appeal to me.
    Pause. Choose player from the menu and you will see all your stats and your horse. Honestly if you just eat some meat and biscuits each time you play it's not an issue. Clean your guns once a week and keep your horse brushed or run him through a river. It's not that bad and could be far more demanding.

As for a guide IGN has pretty much anything you need on their wiki.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2

Finally found a fence and like a dumbass accidentally sold him some of those collectable cards you find. I hope he still has them because selling them counts against your collection. Made it to chapter 3 and 25% completion of the story. Having an absolute blast but really wish people would stop killing my horses. They kill the horse and you die too, horse is gone forever. Miss my Thoroughbred Jess, as she was fast as lightning. Had the tonics to revive her but got killed trying to save her.

A little tip I found for dealing with high bounties that you do not want to pay off because you are low on funds.

Spoiler: show
    Take whatever money you have and donate to camp. Go to the Sheriffs Office where the bounty is. L Trigger the Sheriff and select Antagonize. Make sure you do not have a gun in hand. Then when he pulls a gun on you L Trigger him and choose Surrender. You go to jail, lose the bounty and they collect squat.