Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 10-22-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    The dude abides.

Thread title needs an update. Also there are a few new image at the link.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...to-spring-2018

Rockstar Games has announced that its upcoming sequel Red Dead Redemption 2 will now be released for the PS4 and Xbox One in the spring of 2018.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-22-2017 at 05:21 PM.

For Canadians you can preorder with Amazon at $30 off for $49.99. Usually there are nice E3 discounts around now so keep your eyes open.

https://www.amazon.ca/Red-Dead-Redem...963607&sr=1-48

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    For Canadians you can preorder with Amazon at $30 off for $49.99. Usually there are nice E3 discounts around now so keep your eyes open.

https://www.amazon.ca/Red-Dead-Redem...963607&sr=1-48
    That would be me Rudy. Thanks! LOL.

Good deal. I left the page up for the wife... XMAS ideas...

I finally finished the backward compatible Red Dead last night. It was an enjoyable game with a great story. That being said, I despise the final mission with Marston.

Spoiler: show
    He was such a likable character but killing him off that way just sucks. Plus the ending was so drawn out with all the ranch activities. While it was poetic justice that his son gets revenge, the ending itself seemed very empty to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I finally finished the backward compatible Red Dead last night. It was an enjoyable game with a great story. That being said, I despise the final mission with Marston.

He was such a likable character but killing him off that way just sucks. Plus the ending was so drawn out with all the ranch activities. While it was poetic justice that his son gets revenge, the ending itself seemed very empty to me.

If you completely tune out the back story, he was just a sweetie. The ending, John's death was pretty good and fit the narrative perfectly. It was a final Redemption, he knew they only way to save his wife and son was to die. You do have a strange thing for calling questionable-at-best characters, likable. Forget who the last one was but I am sure you could find some redeeming qualities in Gannon. He was just misunderstood by Link and Zelda. His desire to to conquer Hyrule was simply to put in place a system of Government that gave Hyrule free heath care and cookies.

If you completely tune out the back story, he was just a sweetie. The ending, John's death was pretty good and fit the narrative perfectly. It was a final Redemption, he knew they only way to save his wife and son was to die. You do have a strange thing for calling questionable-at-best characters, likable. Forget who the last one was but I am sure you could find some redeeming qualities in Gannon. He was just misunderstood by Link and Zelda. His desire to to conquer Hyrule was simply to put in place a system of Government that gave Hyrule free heath care and cookies.
    Marston IS likable because he knows exactly what he is and what he has done. For an "evil" character his dialogue is deep and purposeful and he provides a fair insight on the ills of society. Marston isn't a GOOD person and what he does doesn't make up for his crimes but it's easy to have empathy for him throughout the story. Of course it also depends on how you "PLAY" his role but I maxed out his honour ratings.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/...b9b63a5f00000c

Rockstar describes the game as "the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive."

The Van der Linde gang is also known as Dutch's Gang, which the last game's protagonist, John Marston would eventually join (and leave).

Now we get to play a really bad guy. Except for Jaymo who will refuse to use a gun or knife in an attempt to make him a lovable character.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/...b9b63a5f00000c

Now we get to play a really bad guy. Except for Jaymo who will refuse to use a gun or knife in an attempt to make him a lovable character.
    Some on Reddit had the suggestion that the game will/should end with Marston killing the new main character and you take over playing as him afterwards. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Some on Reddit had the suggestion that the game will/should end with Marston killing the new main character and you take over playing as him afterwards. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    That would be a tad awkward, since we already played as Marston and know how his future ends up. Their story has been told. It would be like playing as Dutch van der Linde, etc, hence the creation of Arthur, whose future we do not have any insight into. I am more interested to see if Abigail Marston makes an appearance since the game is focused on the gang. She was a prostitute during that time that rode with and slept with all the members of the gang. That would make for an interesting dynamic as we have only seen Abigail the wife and mother. John fell in love but there is always jealousy and betrayal in situations like this. I hope that we see John Marston in the game but not as a playable character, though it would be great to have him join in a shootout or for some cards.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-29-2017 at 09:01 AM.

New Things We learned from the trailer: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...uel-crocodiles

1) It's a prequel
    2) You play Arthur Morgan who is a crook
    3) Dutch is the bad guy again
    4) There might be heists like Train Robberies
    5) The World is bigger
    6) Crocs and Bears
    7) Bows and Arrows in this game
    8) Possible Dual Wielding Guns

https://youtu.be/j86vwzK_Pvk
    Horse testicle physics. 🤠
    Last edited by steelerfan; 09-29-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

6) Crocs and Bears
    The dude abides.

There are rumors that this will have a PUBG-style multiplayer. Get used to that with a lot of titles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    There are rumors that this will have a PUBG-style multiplayer. Get used to that with a lot of titles.
    Yep by the time PUBG's "exclusive" window ends on MS NOONE is going to care on PS4 to play that jenky POS Frisbee deep game.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yep by the time PUBG's "exclusive" window ends on MS NOONE is going to care on PS4 to play that jenky POS Frisbee deep game.

Considering it's already sold 4M on XB1, I think they'll still be doing okay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Considering it's already sold 4M on XB1, I think they'll still be doing okay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wait but EA says they cant feed their own children unless they sell 17 million copies + receive $1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000 in loot box/microtransaction/pay to win schemes

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Wait but EA says they cant feed their own children unless they sell 17 million copies + receive $1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000 in loot box/microtransaction/pay to win schemes
    How is Rockstar different? They're still milking millions from GTA V.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    How is Rockstar different? They're still milking millions from GTA V.
    Which really has nothing to do with the original post of a PUBG-style mode is going to be in RDR 2, but you know, any shot he can take at EA
    The dude abides.