Thread: MLB The Show 16 - Patch 1.02 & Reward for Fans

• Facebook
  • Display

MLB The Show 16 - Patch 1.02 & Reward for Fans

MLB The Show 16 PS4 1.02 Patch Notes:

1. Online gameplay softlock addressed: the game will no longer get into a pickoff state when a pitch is in flight or when a ball is in play.
    2. Extensive work has been done to address the "Challenge failed" issue on PS4.
    3. Fixed an issue where the game would soft lock (freeze) while a user on offense calls a timeout, as a user on defense attempts to pick off a runner on 1st.
    4. Fixed an issue where the game would soft lock (freeze) when attempting to access Pitcher Attributes during an at bat with the score bar display option turned off.
    5. Accounts in PS EU territories should now be able to purchase Stubs within game.

We will continue to work diligently on addressing other bugs and issues in the most expeditious way possible. Thank you all for your dedication and patience.

Every season, there’s nothing we look forward to more than finally getting a new version of MLB The Show into our fans’ hands. We spend our offseason striving to make the best baseball game possible, aided by an amazing community that buoys us with their support and terrific feedback.

The Show 16 is the culmination of all of that, a labor of love for all of us, and while we’re proud of everything we put in the package this year, our initial online experience has been inconsistent.

We apologize that the excitement of launch and the start of the season has been soured by these issues. Our team is taking every step necessary and working around the clock to stabilize our online servers as soon as possible.

In acknowledgment of the frustration these issues have caused, if you’ve played The Show 16 while connected to PlayStation Network before 1 pm PDT, Friday, April 8, we’re adding 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs to your account. Stubs will show up automatically by Tuesday, April 12; no redemption required. Packs can be accessed in the “Open Packs” section by Tuesday, April 12 (via “Main Menu > My Locker > Inventory > Open Packs”).

To those of you who’ve reached out to us during this week, and to the many more who we haven’t heard from but who may have been affected, we extend our endless thanks and appreciation for your patience and ongoing support.

As per pastapadre.com

RE: Patch #2 being rushed out. I don't recall hearing about so many issues in previous MLB's. That's too bad because the game looks fantastic!

♦FLS traffic reduced and signaling fixes. This should resolve the “Challenge Failed” issue encountered when connecting to any Head to Head Online game mode.

♦We’ve removed the reward popup from screen flow to speed up services. We still show it on login and when returning from game so this should have no issues

♦Entitlement pending popup fix on boot up. For new users (with entitlements) or for users who purchase on the website. When those users logged in, they were not being alerted that they had entitlements pending. This is now fixed and users will be prompted upon boot up to redeem these products.

♦Play VS CPU (in Diamond Dynasty) had some pitcher energy issues. Entering conquest mode (3 inning games), then backing out, would negatively affect all Pitchers energy when returning back to Play vs CPU in Diamond Dynasty mode. This is now fixed.

♦Within Diamond Dynasty, the PA Announcer would often say the user’s location audio as opposed to the opponent who is up to bat. This is now fixed.

♦Card Rewards in DD had misnamed animations in the post-game reward screen, causing the wrong cards to disappear, which caused user to think he was getting a different card in some situations. This has been fixed.

♦Within Conquest mode and Diamond Dynasty-Play vs CPU, there was a crash in the pause menu within the Advanced Pitching options.

♦Within Season/Franchise, when progressing with a Year to Year save, the game could crash during the offseason while scrolling through particular parts of the menu. This is now fixed.

♦Within Franchise mode, the title could crash when attempting to navigate the Schedule during the Offseason with a Year-to-Year save file. The game could crash trying to access pitcher stats in the offseason. We added a check to prevent updating the pitcher data during the offseason. This issue is now resolved.

♦Within Season/Franchise mode, all games on the schedule were said to be starting at 1 PM. This UI visual but has been fixed.

♦During online games, if the batter called a timeout (or practice swung) at the same time the pitcher was attempting to pitch, the game would occasionally freeze, and neither user could progress or use their pause menu. One user would have to quit the application. This is now believed to be fixed.

♦The game would crash in defensive positioning quick screen during online head to head games. This is now resolved.

♦Fix for online entry options getting reset before going into an online game. Retractable roofs would not close, night and day, weather options, and month of the year would function. This is now fixed.

♦Sounds of the Show could crash within its menus, if you had certain music files with large amounts of metadata. Rare enough but could affect a number of users. This is now fixed.

♦The Ball Trail was stuck on at all times in RTTS modes, no matter what the option was set to. This should now be fixed.

♦Please refrain from using Perks as a RTTS pitcher as it will cause the game to crash for the time being. We have a fix and it will be included in our next update.

It's odd how if there are issues, it's not hampering my fun with it.

It's one of those vocal minority situations I'm sure.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's odd how if there are issues, it's not hampering my fun with it.

It's one of those vocal minority situations I'm sure.
    It seems that the issues don't affect everyone and don't affect everyone the same. I think much of the baserunning issues are tied to settings.

I use Auto Baserunning. The first couple of days were a mess. Since then, no problems. I quit using the Fisheye camera and it stopped about the same time. I'm not saying it's related to that camera or any other camera but I am pretty much convinced it's related to settings of some sort.

Now, to be clear, Auto Baserunning is still messed up even for me. If I take a lead or que a steal of reverts back to Manual Baserunning and that's not how it's supposed to work.

I've never seen guys diving back to base on base hits. I've only seen it on videos people have posted. I'm over 50 games into my test Franchise so I have to assume it is somehow related to settings or sliders.

Anyway, not all issues are affecting everyone or affecting everyone the same. I'm pretty much ready to get my Carry-Over Franchise going again but I'm considering waiting to see what else gets ironed out. Particularly, being able to steal without reverting to Manual Baserunning.

Ah, I don't use auto, I'd rather have full control.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Ah, I don't use auto, I'd rather have full control.
    Until a mistake button press runs you into an out and costs you a run and a game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Until a mistake button press runs you into an out and costs you a run and a game.
    Then that's on me
    The dude abides.