Thread: MLB The Show 16 - Introducing "Showtime"

• Facebook
  • Display

MLB The Show 16 - Introducing "Showtime"

As gimmicky and arcadey as this looks in this video, from what I saw in the Franchise video it is anything but. It didn't help the guys much at all and it looked like it might be a decent feature.

That said, I doubt I'll use it at all as it is simply not for me. As with anything in The Show, it can be turned off.

Yeah, not for me either. I'll try it, but just watching it I don't really like slowing down time and interrupting the flow of the game.
    The dude abides.

I was under the impression this was only available in RTTS and not season or franchise. I like me this feature but how often can you use it? If the amount you could use it was tied to ability level I think it could be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I was under the impression this was only available in RTTS and not season or franchise. I like me this feature but how often can you use it? If the amount you could use it was tied to ability level I think it could be great.
    I don't remember how it works but you can either choose to use Showtime or Perks. It is very limited in how much it can be used and the results that I saw didn't seem to be boosted so I could tell that it was designed to not be an arcadey realism-destroying feature.

I saw guys use Showtime in at-bats (probably 8 or 10 of them) and I'm not sure they ever got a hit with it. I saw them use it in the field and still make throwing errors (though I think getting used to it would eliminate most of that).

I can't remember how the Perks worked or what they were specifically but if you choose a Perk before a game it reduces and could totally eliminate the amount of Showtime that you have available.

In summary, I didn't pay close enough attention to spit out the details but I could tell it wasn't cheese.

Love how that looks for hitting. IF and hopefully WHEN I pick this game up I will use that for sure. Fingers crossed some of my friends on TGT will be streaming ALL NIGHT long on release day.

Also, just remembered NCAA 13 did this. Remember the version with RGIII where you could slow down the speed of the game during Road to Glory. It sounded a lot better than it looked IMO. However, I am a lot better at football games than baseball games so take that for what it's worth.

The had an impact camera back in NCAA 06. I turned that off but it existed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Love how that looks for hitting. IF and hopefully WHEN I pick this game up I will use that for sure. Fingers crossed some of my friends on TGT will be streaming ALL NIGHT long on release day.
    Gonna try to, but we're recording our podcast on release day because I leave for Dallas on Thursday so I might stream more Wednesday than Tuesday as all I have to do is pack.
    The dude abides.

Isn't that a school night?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Isn't that a school night?
    That's what dark sun glasses and extra large coffee's are for...

That's what dark sun glasses and extra large coffee's are for...
    Right on.