Thread: PlayStation Vue Goes Nationwide, Starting at $29.99 in New Markets

• Facebook
  • Display

PlayStation Vue Goes Nationwide, Starting at $29.99 in New Markets

This is definitely interesting. Depending on what channels are offered I'd be interested on cutting the cord, but doubtful they have everything I use.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...n-new-markets/

Access Slim: 55+ channels, including live cable TV, movies, and sports channels for $29.99 per month.

Core Slim: 70+ channels, including all the channels from Access Slim with the addition of national and regional sports networks for $34.99 per month.

Elite Slim: 100+ channels, featuring all the channels from Core Slim with the addition of more top movie and entertainment channels for $44.99 per month.

With an Internet connection and a PlayStation Vue TV-connected device, there are no hidden fees or long-term contracts for PlayStation Vue.
    The dude abides.

Here's the website for more info: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/#1

The Cloud DVR sounds really nice.

Cloud DVR — PlayStation Vue’s unmatched cloud DVR allows users to record hundreds of shows at once and store thousands of hours of content.
    The dude abides.

Wtf? No Longhorn Network? I LOVE watching their statcasts of UT football games, instead of watching the actual game on ABC.

We recently cut the cord and have gone the Fire Stick + Kodi route. It has limitations (I can't watch The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones live anymore) but it's working out well so far.

Does anyone know if you get local channels with this (NBC, CBS, etc) or would you have to get some kind of Obama Box for those?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Does anyone know if you get local channels with this (NBC, CBS, etc) or would you have to get some kind of Obama Box for those?
    You'd have to get an antennae to pick those up.

We've just got SlingTV in February and it works pretty well for what we need. We also have Comcast basic (locals plus a few) because we essentially get that for free with cable internet. Will be interesting come the Fall if I can still survive for college football purposes.

It's tempting but I'd be losing Root Sports which means no Astros games. So, no.

G I'm pretty sure you can survive. At least here in Houston most games come on local channels or ESPN affiliates which you get with SlingTV. Some PAC-12 games come on later at night on Fox Sports 1 which I think you can get with a steaming device

In addition to History, another killer is no NFL Network or Red Zone.

There is so much to like about this, but there are some things missing that cannot make me cut the cord.
    The dude abides.