Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    In a non-Bronco biased opinion, I don't blame Osweiler for taking more money. On top of that they benched him, maybe that played into it instead of the fabricated "afraid to follow Peyton" reason.
    The dude abides.

Bears are talking to Jerrell Freeman, and they've already locked up Danny Trevathan from Denver. If they get Freeman, that linebacker core with Fangio is going to be NOICE.
    The dude abides.

Broncos trade for a Dirty Sanchez, Niners leaning towards keeping Kaep and have him battle for the starting gig.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

I think it's very smart for Denver. Sanchez is mediocre but he's experienced and cheap. He's as good as Manning was last year. Draft a kid and see how it plays out. Paying $15+ for mediocre qb play is just bad business. That $10m saving will get you some extra help.

Word is that Steelers WR Martavis Bryant is facing a possible season-long suspension for his second violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

If true, he's a fucking idiot.

I think the NFL can do a better job of rehabbing these kids instead of just wracking them for a year. Mlb was more forgiving with Josh Hamilton. Its a very heavy handed way of dealing with this. I'd rather see 4-6 game suspensions with mandatory rehab and testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I think the NFL can do a better job of rehabbing these kids instead of just wracking them for a year. Mlb was more forgiving with Josh Hamilton. Its a very heavy handed way of dealing with this. I'd rather see 4-6 game suspensions with mandatory rehab and testing.

I disagree. I think it needs to be even more strict. Get the message across that the league won't tolerate it.

These kind of offenses aren't just handed out. You have to prove that there's a problem. Like the 1st offense for a 4-6 game suspension, you only get to that point after 4 failed drug tests throughout the season. It's not like it's one failed test and you're done. Athletes are given lots of chances.

But what is the point of the suspension? It's not like doing drugs is giving them an advantage. It's a disadvantage. The NFL does it almost entirely for PR. I agree that professionals should set a good example for kids and we don't want drugs running rampant in sports or society. But the NFL is often heavy handed just for pr and ignore the individuals needs. What's really the best in this situation?

But what is the point of the suspension? It's not like doing drugs is giving them an advantage. It's a disadvantage. The NFL does it almost entirely for PR. I agree that professionals should set a good example for kids and we don't want drugs running rampant in sports or society. But the NFL is often heavy handed just for pr and ignore the individuals needs. What's really the best in this situation?
    Suspended from your job for a year without pay isn't a big enough deterrent to stop you from doing drugs or smoking pot?

The PR move also puts his name out there to other teams/organizations that this guy has a problem. If nothing was said, other teams wouldn't know about it unless they asked...so the PR move also hurts his future career. These are grown ass men, Rudy. If they can't figure out that they need help, then they're not a responsible adult to begin with. If these guys cared about their career, they'd take proper action to get the help.

It's a difference if opinion on how to handle things. The US thinks tough incarceration laws are the best way to deal with crime and yet you still have high crime rates. Is it working? Is it the best way to handle things?

I thought this was a good article. We shouldn't be so quick to judge those when we haven't walked in their shoes. In the past I've often been quick to condemn some of these people but I've grown softer. I simply feel a full year suspension is overly harsh and doesn't solve the problem.
    http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/201...auty-of-grace/

It's a difference if opinion on how to handle things. The US thinks tough incarceration laws are the best way to deal with crime and yet you still have high crime rates. Is it working? Is it the best way to handle things?

I thought this was a good article. We shouldn't be so quick to judge those when we haven't walked in their shoes. In the past I've often been quick to condemn some of these people but I've grown softer.I simply feel a full year suspension is overly harsh and doesn't solve the problem.
    http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/201...auty-of-grace/
    The problem Rudy, is you forget about the number of chances they're given.
    Randy Gregory was given a 4 game suspension last month for marijuana use. Let's look at this for a minute. He was considered a top 10 pick at one point in the draft but slid to the 2nd round because of a failed marijuana test. Then according to the NFL drug policy, he had to fail another 4 tests before getting that suspension. 5 failed tests in less than a year! Cmon dude! Show some responsibility and accountability for your actions.

That is what I have a problem with.

Martavious bryant is a different case IMO. His agents are saying he took mess to cope with depression. If that's the case, he should have brought it to league officials, or made it know he was on those meds. If his appeal wins, fine, but don't act like all substance abusers are a one test and you're suspended case. They've all been given a few chances before action is taken.

He's failed atleast 5 or 6 tests to get to his 1-year suspension

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    He's failed atleast 5 or 6 tests to get to his 1-year suspension
    Not necessarily.

http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/0...d-doom-bryant/

Of course, in my opinion, the only reason to miss a test (if true) is because you know you're going to fail. I don't buy the "I'm too depressed to take a drug test" bit, at least not at face value.

That's even worse.

His agents should just stop while they can, missed a test but elected to take his life insurance test in which he was clean? Almost as bad as the "deflator" is a nickname for losing weight.

The NFL has, reportedly, repealed the $10k fine they gave to Steelers OL Coach Mike Munchak after last year's Wildcard win over Cincinnati.

Martavis Bryant drops appeal, to immediately begin atleast one-year ban

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...least-one-year

Guess his agents case wasn't going to help anything

The struggle is real
    The dude abides.

The struggle is real
    The dude abides.