Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2016 NFL Offseason Talk

Might as well start a new thread since free agency opened today.

Osweiler signs with the Texans. Must have been mad that they benched him for Manning.

Sounds like Denver will try to chase Kaepernick now.
    The dude abides.

RGIII now reported to be on Denver's radar too.
    The dude abides.

Jets sign former Bear Matt Forte. That'll be a great situation for him and a great player to try to get for fantasy owners.
    The dude abides.

Tex-Anns sign Scott Mitchell Brock Osweiler.

Couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Tex-Anns sign Scott Mitchell Brock Osweiler.

Couldn't resist.

I have him in a dynasty league and I keep telling my co-owner he's the next Aaron Rodgers so I hope you're wrong.
    The dude abides.

Tex-Anns sign Rob Johnson Matt Flynn Matt Cassel Brock Osweiler.

I'm sure THIS one will work out though.

The money is crazy but with the cap going up and some teams having to spend to the floor it's not shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The money is crazy but with the cap going up and some teams having to spend to the floor it's not shocking.
    Like the amount that the Giants paid Vernon, whew!
    The dude abides.

Hmm, I didn't have Osweiler pegged as being a pussy. While Houston did offer more money, apparently Señor Pussy couldn't handle the thought of following in the footsteps of Peyton Manning, from what I've read for some of the reasons why he left.

He was pretty much bring gifted the keys to the defending Super Bowl champions, and he pusses out because he'd have to follow the legacy of Peyton Manning. What a fucking pussy.

I saw on Twitter Brock refused to return phone calls. I will say that money for him is nuts. You can get a cheap veteran for under $5 Mil and draft someone. Be just as good.

The Browns were terrible, have lots of cap space and lost 4 players today. Wth?

Oh yeah, that is one hell of a payday for essentially 7 starts! Denver was offering damn great money too. Just the whole thing I read about a reason he chose Houston being because he was comfortable or couldn't handle following in the footsteps and shadow of Peyton Manning, that really kills the respect I had for him. Instead of stepping up and taking on the challenge with the freaking Super Bowl champions, he puts his tail between his legs and runs for the bloody Texans.

Four years completely down the drain with this jackass sitting on the bench with plans to become the future of the franchise. Now gotta go through this shit all over again of drafting a new QB to spend three or four years grooming to be the future of the franchise.

The Browns were terrible, have lots of cap space and lost 4 players today. Wth?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh yeah, that is one hell of a payday for essentially 7 starts! Denver was offering damn great money too. Just the whole thing I read about a reason he chose Houston being because he was comfortable or couldn't handle following in the footsteps and shadow of Peyton Manning, that really kills the respect I had for him. Instead of stepping up and taking on the challenge with the freaking Super Bowl champions, he puts his tail between his legs and runs for the bloody Texans.

Four years completely down the drain with this jackass sitting on the bench with plans to become the future of the franchise. Now gotta go through this shit all over again of drafting a new QB to spend three or four years grooming to be the future of the franchise.

Tebow's available?

If Green can show signs of blocking and this ability/speed

https://vine.co/v/iHbVq0eQbqT

...whoa

Tough to say what the Seahawks are gonna do in the draft. After losing JR Sweazey, Bruce Irvin, Brandon Mebane, and also waiving Jesse Williams, I can see us going DL with our first pick in the draft, but with the DL class being so deep this year, we almost should go OL. Idk. OL is so important but so is DL.

Kiper had CB Kendall Fuller from VT mocked to us today assuming we couldn't resign CB Jeremy Lane, but we just signed him to a 4 year deal, so there goes that idea. I'd love to see us draft Robert Nkemdiche. He'd be awesome alongside Michael Bennett. Gonna be interesting to see how FA turns out.

That Ole Miss DT sounds crazy. Buyer beware! Much like Randy Gregory I don't think it's smart to spend a top two pick on a nut job or someone addicted to drugs.

That Ole Miss DT sounds crazy. Buyer beware! Much like Randy Gregory I don't think it's smart to spend a top two pick on a nut job or someone addicted to drugs.

True. But people were all concerned about frank Clark last year cuz he was involved in a domestic violence suit at Michigan, and Irvin had a marijuana suspension at West Virginia too I believe. But I know Pete and Schneider will have it all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    Tough to say what the Seahawks are gonna do in the draft. After losing JR Sweazey, Bruce Irvin, Brandon Mebane, and also waiving Jesse Williams, I can see us going DL with our first pick in the draft, but with the DL class being so deep this year, we almost should go OL. Idk. OL is so important but so is DL.

Kiper had CB Kendall Fuller from VT mocked to us today assuming we couldn't resign CB Jeremy Lane, but we just signed him to a 4 year deal, so there goes that idea. I'd love to see us draft Robert Nkemdiche. He'd be awesome alongside Michael Bennett. Gonna be interesting to see how FA turns out.
    I thought the hawks were trying to bring back Clemons?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I thought the hawks were trying to bring back Clemons?
    Rumored to be, yes. Nothing has been signed yet

Quietly, the Steelers have had a very good week.

They re-signed 2 starters (Foster and ***), added a potential star in their offense (Green), re-signed a sub-package safety (Golden) and re-signed a capable backup receiver and special teams ace (Heyward-Bey) all while guaranteeing only $11.05 M to those 5 players.

Omar Khan, who negotiates the Steelers contracts, is the best in the business and his work this week is evidence of that. Of course, it helps that players are wanting to stay in Pittsburgh because they believe the team is very close to another Super Bowl.

Take Ramon Foster, for example. He was expected to command about $5 M per year on the open market (similar to Incognito). But, he signed for 3 years at just $9.6 M because he wants to see it through and win in Pittsburgh.

Yes, they still have 5 starters who are free agents (McClendon, Beachum, Will Allen, Blake and Will Johnson). However, it's not really a necessity to get any of them back.

McClendon only played about 30% of the snaps on defense, Beachum had his backup (Villanueva) play very well after his knee injury, Allen and Blake are simply not very good and Johnson is an H-back so his role is not really vital and he can be replaced fairly easily.

While other teams run around overspending on the free agent market, it's business as usual in Pittsburgh and it's a model that has proven successful more than not for them and has kept them relevant for more than 45 years.

Here We Go, Steelers!