Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battlefield 1 (PS4/XB1/PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Played some Rush last night, it was an epic 30 minute battle. Loved it. This game is great.
    The dude abides.

This game is unreal! The maps are amazing and all of the gameplay experiences I've had so far have been great. I've only had some problems when it comes to the Scout Class. Has anyone been able to figure out which sniper rifles are good to use and/or have any tips for sniping? Sniping came easy in BF4 for me, but it's been pretty rough in BF1 with the older style weapons.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    This is probably going to be the game I buy next after I finish playing the new Tomb Raider on PS4. Waiting for that to arrive in the mail now.

Haven't gotten around to buying this yet, but it's on the list. I'm falling behind on games here, got BF1, Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2, South Park, and a couple others through early December. Goddamn, I need more money than I make now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After having just finished the campaign in the new COD, Battlefield 1 is next. Plan on hitting the BF1 campaign sometime Wednesday. Play through it until I complete it, then it's on to the Titanfall 2 campaign, and when I'm done with that, it'll be time to do some three way round robin multiplayer among the three games (with Watch Dogs 2 mixed in since that will likely be released by the time I finish with the BF1 and TF2 campaigns).

I'm so bad at getting the campaign in on all of these games
    The dude abides.

It's gonna take a while on this one. Christ, this first mission with Edwards and the tanks, god this is a long goddamn mission!

Ok, so apparently each war story is just one long continuous story without breaks, instead of individual missions like other campaigns. I just completed the first war story, centered around tanks, which essentially had four parts to it, Over the Top, Fog of War, Breakdown and Steel on Steel.

About the only thing that separated the four parts were cutscenes in between. Other than that, you just keep going from one part to the next in what feels like one super long mission. I was starting to wonder because I had been on the tank story for a couple hours now and hadn't reached what felt like a traditional end of mission like you see in COD and previous Battlefields.

So done with the tank story. So next up is dogfighting with the British Royal Flying Corps in Friends in High Places, doing some shock trooping in the Italian Alps in Avanti Savoia!, getting in some naval action and storming the beaches of Gallipola in The Runner, and fucking up some Ottomans in the desert with Lawrence of Arabia in Nothing is Written.

Thinking about it, I actually sort of like the route they took with this campaign. Instead of doing a mission, going to some in-between mission location or screen, and then starting a new mission like in COD, you just keep rolling from start to end, immersed in the battle and locale the entire with nothing but cutscenes breaking up the fighting. Even if it's an illusion, it sort of gives you a feeling that you're playing a campaign with some meat on it instead of the usual feeling of it just being an afterthought tacked onto multiplayer.

You can pick and choose too, you don't have to play them in order. I did the intro and then the flying (2nd story) without doing the 1st tank level. Flying the plane was SUPER FUN!

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, that all 5 stories are unlocked from the very beginning and you can choose the order. I'm looking forward to the plane story.

Damn, I need more time! Lol. Only early on in the Titanfall 2 story, only 1/5th done with BF1 campaign, I have yet to even touch multiplayer in BF1, TF2 or COD, have yet to touch Metal Gear Solid 5 and have Watch Dogs 2 coming out Tuesday. I need longer days!

Tried getting this at Target lastnight (during their one day $35 deal) but it sold out naturally.

Picked up Titanfall 2 instead but haven't opened it yet. Thinking about trying to exchange it for BF when they restock for it. I want to keep it but it wasn't my 1st choice and already too many games have to split time between now.

Just finished up the Friends in High Places story. Damn that was fun! Between dogfighting in the skies over London and Germany and trying to survive the German filled trenches and no man's land, I can already say I'm gonna be playing that one again in the future!

I wasn't intending to do so, but I ended up plowing through the remainder of the war stories. Damn those were good. Fighting in the trenches behind German lines, charging bloody bunkers in the Italian alps while trying not to get blown up, charging the fort in Gallipoli, and then blowing up a damn near invincible train in the Arabian desert. The team really outdid themselves.

This game is pretty awesome!

That is all for now.

Having a blast with multiplayer. Getting a little better every round as I finally figured out how to change to different weapons. Haven't found out how to do this before jumping into a match though, only before deployment.

Driving vehicles are a blast. I've taken 3 planes straight into the ground haha.

This game is definitely different than COD in a great way. Love that you can destroy buildings and possible cover and other environments.

Played some of the campain messing around at first, but I won't spend much time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by myersc24 View Post
    This game is unreal! The maps are amazing and all of the gameplay experiences I've had so far have been great. I've only had some problems when it comes to the Scout Class. Has anyone been able to figure out which sniper rifles are good to use and/or have any tips for sniping? Sniping came easy in BF4 for me, but it's been pretty rough in BF1 with the older style weapons.

I would say the Gewehr 98 or Gewehr M .95 depending on the map. Closer quarters, the M.95 version, larger maps the 98 version.

I use the sniper rifles without a scope, (usually "infantry" model). This keeps you from having scope glint and others being able to see you.

Made it to level 10 on the scout, it unlocks the Martini-Henry. It's a good one, pretty much a 1-shot kill from 75-120m and you don't need a headshot. It is very slow loading though, slowest in the game, 24 rpm, were as the M.95 is closer to 61 rpm.

Hope this helps.

Our YT buddy QJB got to capture some footage of the new night maps at EA Play that are coming soon...

The dude abides.

Was thinking about trading this game in. Haven't played in a while, forgot how much fun I had when playing with Snoop and JB.

Hell didn't even know there were new maps. I'll be keeping it

Announced at Gamescom:

DICE, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today unveiled a Revolution for Battlefield™ 1. In the complete Battlefield 1 experience, Battlefield 1 Revolution allows players to experience the dawn of all-out war through epic multiplayer battles where no battle is ever the same, immersive single player War Stories, more maps, deeper progression and new modes, all in a single package. Battlefield 1 Revolution is now available worldwide for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Origin on PC. In addition, Battlefield 1 Incursions is a new intense gaming experience being developed in collaboration with players, and optimized for competition. Players can register now for the Closed Alpha beginning in September.

Battlefield 1 Revolution is the quintessential way to join the Battlefield community and experience war on an unmatched scale. Battlefield 1 Revolution contains the Battlefield 1 base game and Battlefield 1 Premium Pass which includes four themed expansion packs*, each filled with all new maps, new modes and more, making it the complete Battlefield 1 experience. Players will have immediate access to Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass , featuring six maps including the game’s first night maps, Nivelle Nights and Prise de Tahure. Players can further expand the battle with Battlefield 1 Revolution in Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar in September, partake in amphibious warfare in Battlefield 1 Turning Tides set to launch in December, and the most infamous battles of the Great War in Battlefield 1 Apocalypse , available in early 2018. Those who purchase Battlefield 1 Revolution will also receive the Red Baron Pack, Lawrence of Arabia Pack and Hellfighter Pack which contain themed weapons, vehicles and emblems based on the famous heroes and units.

Also available today for those that own Battlefield 1 Revolution or Battlefield 1 Premium Pass is Lupkow Pass, the first map to be released from the upcoming expansion In the Name of the Tsar. In Lupkow Pass, players can battle it out in the snow-covered ravines and treacherous vertical drops of World War I. Then, when the full expansion releases in early September, players will further enter the war’s biggest front with the Russian Army and the Women’s Battalion of Death with five additional all new maps and two new Operations. In the Name of the Tsar also includes 11 new weapons, the new Ilya-Muromets Heavy Bomber vehicle, the Putilov-Garford Heavy Armored Car, the new Supply Drop game mode, new medals, dog tags, service stars and more, making it the most extensive update in Battlefield franchise history.

In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha, players will be introduced to a tight, teamplay focused competitive experience in the game. Competitors will have to put their skills to the test in intense 5 vs. 5 matches, creating dramatic moments that include the signature Battlefield vehicle gameplay. Starting in September, players in the Closed Alpha will be able to choose from eight different kits (Trench Surgeon, Control Leader, AT Assault, Battle Mechanic, Mortar Support, Raid Leader, Shock Assault, Proximity Recon) on the modified Battlefield 1 Giant’s Shadow map, and rank up to gain access to improved weapons and abilities based on a combination of time and performance. The Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha is just the beginning of the team’s journey in crafting a long term-competitive experience in collaboration with the Battlefield community. The features, content, and systems of Battlefield 1 Incursions may change between Closed Alpha and its final, finished form. More details on the competitive gaming structure and events will be shared in the coming months.