Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1 (PS4/XB1/PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE WEAPONS OF BATTLEFIELD 1

They feel fast because they are.
    If your weapon of choice is an assault rifle or a powerful LMG, Battlefield 1 is loaded with guns to scratch your trigger finger on. In general, all of the weapons might feel a little faster than you'd expect. On top of adding drag and gravity to the bullets themselves, we increased the bullet velocity. This speeds things up and makes the gunplay feel more authentic.

There are six categories of weapons.
    There are your Shotguns (great for blasting enemies from up close), SMGs (made for short range rapid-fire), LMGs (amazing at tearing things apart from medium range), Semi Autos (balanced and powerful), Sidearms (great in a pinch), and Sniper Rifles (which do exactly what you think).

There's a ton of variety.
    Each weapon type has multiple different weapons to choose from. The weapons of the era were incredibly varied. In fact, many of the weapons of World War I were the first successful versions of those weapons. The first SMGs and Automatic Rifles were deployed during the era, and you can use them in Battlefield 1.

They are super effective.
    Technology hurdled forward during World War I, leading to absolutely incredible, efficient weapons that were damn good at doing what they were designed to do. Whether you're blasting holes in walls and taking down hidden enemies or sniping from across the map, you'll find the gunplay in Battlefield 1 feels modern and fun.

Weapon customization is more focused.
    We definitely want to allow you to customize your weapons in Battlefield 1, but we also heard your feedback that we should try to find a way to do this without adding hundreds of additional attachments. That's why Battlefield 1 utilizes pre-set Loadouts for each weapon - you're still able to customize your weapons to make sure they work with your playstyle, but in a more focused way.

Each weapon has up to three Pre-Sets.
    Maybe you want a shotgun that packs a little more punch? Or maybe you'd rather one that trades stability for accuracy? The different weapon Pre-Sets should help you out. Some have up to three, giving you different ways to play with the same weapons. You're able to customize them as well, changing the zoom levels, reticles, and more.

There are multiple types of melee weapons.
    Getting up-close and personal was an important part of The Great War, and while you have plenty of options if you'd rather keep your distance, you'll also be able to use different types of melee weapons, each with their own attack speeds and damage outputs. Some even double as tools – giving you the ability to cut barbed wire, destroy barricades, or even damage light vehicles.

You'll be able to perform bayonet charges.
    Being able to close the gap between you and your enemy is important, especially when you're going for a melee kill. Attaching a Bayonet to the end of your gun helps make that a little easier, letting you charge at your enemies. Make contact, and they're on the fast track to the graveyard.

Frags aren't the only grenade types.
    Besides being able to toss traditional fragmentation grenades, you'll also be able to use gas grenades (low damage, but their gas lingers for a long time), incendiary grenades (high damage, but for a limited time), and more. Using the right one at the right time can be the difference between life and death.

The audio fidelity is top notch.
    DICE is known for delivering some of the best audio quality in gaming, and we're not going to disappoint with the weapon sounds in Battlefield 1. From the BANG of a shotgun to the CLINK of an empty click, we recorded a huge amount of real-world audio to use in the game. You can even tell when your magazine is running out of ammo now - your firing sound slightly changes when your ammo is low.

Watching the 32 v. 32 livestream. Wow this looks great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

Sniper gameplay:

The dude abides.

Battlefield 1 - Immerse (NO HUD) 4K resolution

Ultrawide 21:9 gameplay without the HUD. Recorded at 3440x1440 during the Battlefield 1 closed alpha, playing the map St. Quentin Scar. YouTube gives these videos the 4K treatment, so I recommend clicking that for the best bitrate.

Can't wait for this game!

I've been craving for a WWI-WW2 FPS game for a while. This looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    I've been craving for a WWI-WW2 FPS game for a while. This looks really good.
    TJ, I play all the battlefield games. I'm either playing those or NCAA for the most part haha.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    TJ, I play all the battlefield games. I'm either playing those or NCAA for the most part haha.
    I usually play COD, but I've lost interest after Ghosts.

Open beta codes are starting to be e-mailed out.

Got mine!
    The dude abides.

Fucking DDOS attack on the BF1 servers. Someone should sodomize these fuckers with a broken bottle.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Fucking DDOS attack on the BF1 servers. Someone should sodomize these fuckers with a broken bottle.

A whole lot of shit going down today.

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-probably-...day-1788062835

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    A whole lot of shit going down today.

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-probably-...day-1788062835

Our systems at Allstate are weird today too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

The dude abides.

Twitter, Spotify and Reddit, and a huge swath of other websites were down or screwed up this morning.
    Throw in Facebook and I actually applaud these guys. Any idea how long the single player is? That would be my only reason for purchasing and I can't really find anything outside of that HLTB site which only has three people averaging 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Throw in Facebook and I actually applaud these guys. Any idea how long the single player is? That would be my only reason for purchasing and I can't really find anything outside of that HLTB site which only has three people averaging 5 hours.
    Not sure how long the Single Player is, was messing around with it today since the servers or online stuff is fubar thanks to these inbred internet trolls.

The single player is really fun! It's a multi-part story mode, you follow the path of different soldiers, American, Italian, etc...each one tells a different story and you play as them, for example the Italian guy is an older guy explaining it as telling a story to either his daughter or grand-daughter, it's like it goes back in time and you play as him.

The games graphics are amazing! Prior to today's internet issues the online multiplayer was very very fun. Super smooth, no laggy, fast load times, I was really surprised with how well it was working.

This game does it for me. It has the achievements that I get to work towards, it's super fun playing the multi player with other people that use the mic and coordinate attacks and actually work as a team resupplying ammo, or health, etc...

I used to play NCAA like this, now that NCAA is no longer an online title, the Battlefield series is my video game drug fix. I also used to pre-order the NCAA titles and go to mid-night releases, this Battlefield series has replaced that, I did the pre-order for BF1, it's well worth my $

Send me a message if y'all get it and want to squad up online.

See you on the Battlefield.

Gus

PSN: gigemaggs99
    XB1: gigemaggs99
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 10-21-2016 at 06:01 PM.