Thread: EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Q&A Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Q&A Thread

Hey guys... myself and JB have received the game early and wanted to let you post your questions. We will be able to post our answers once the Early Access version has been released. Feel free to fire away.

Are there editable sock lengths?

Do the battleships have socks and dreads?

I'm disappointed EA hasn't approved my "Get the game early reviewer" application yet. If you guys could follow up on that I'd appreciate it.

Other than that. How are the ball physics/movement in relation to the type of greens and course conditions? For example on greens with slopes, can you find the read and have it roll the ball to the cup? Really ball physics in general.

Also are there accurate lip outs when putting?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Are there editable sock lengths?

Do the battleships have socks and dreads?
    LMFAO

Are there really only 8 courses and 12 golfers?

Seems like 12 courses total, 8 are real, 4 are fantasy.

Pastapadre is playing live now, 8:32PM central, he's playing one of the fantasy courses, it looks like a nice muni course.

It was interesting/strange how he played 1 Web.com event, missed the cut finished way back and still earned his PGA Tour card....kinda strange.

Some really odd stuff in the Pastapadre stream. Glowing clubs, horrible sounding iron shots. Do not know what the heck was happening when he played online with other people. If that is intention of online play, I will pass.

He's struggling a bit

Graphically interface and scoring overlay looks nice. Ball roll and physics look decent from what I watched...the brief bit I did

The "glowing club" is supposed to be a sunlight reflection... it has to do with the time of day the round is played in.

Poor Pasta got so upset at the online function and his play, he withdrew from a session. Quitter.

While I am keeping my preorder, those on the fence should really just wait for the inevitable $39.99 price drop and see what kind of support EA gives down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    The "glowing club" is supposed to be a sunlight reflection... it has to do with the time of day the round is played in.
    Hmm, my clubs never did that during the day.

12 courses sounds like 15 bargain bin or game fly rental for me

End of stream. got bored of the challenge neon mode thingie and like myself... Off to play Rocket League.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Hmm, my clubs never did that during the day.
    You ever look at your self from a camera angle 15-20 feet away and 15-20 feet high in the air?
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 07-08-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    You ever look at your self from a camera angle 15-20 feet away and 15-20 feet high in the air?
    No and I hope they let you get closer to the golfer when taking a shot so I never have to. I do appreciate Pasta playing with the alternate camera angle for the shot (stays with the golfer until it lands), which I will use and am thrilled to see it back.

Just looked at the older videos and they player is much closer in. So that mini-blimp view is just an option.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-09-2015 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    No and I hope they let you get closer to the golfer when taking a shot so I never have to. I do appreciate Pasta playing with the alternate camera angle for the shot (stays with the golfer until it lands), which I will use and am thrilled to see it back.
    Yeeess +1

I like that as well, it should be that aspect especially if playing with no zoom and all that.

The fictional, but realistic course Lighthouse Pointe is one amazing looking course. Props to Hands on the design of it. I'll record an 18 at it to post on Tuesday.
    The dude abides.

Is there a driving range or putting green on PGA Tour? I can't find it if there is.

Thanks.